Looking for a new Host (please help me!)

Hi,

first: sorry for my bad english, i'll try my best =)

I'm running a poker related site (CMS: Xoops) with a forum community.

I'm looking for a webhoster with following minimum requirements:

- 400-750MB
    - at least 15GB Bandwith / Month
    - at least 3 pop3 accs
    - at least 2 mysql databases
    - good availability
    - registering a new .com domain
    - pay via Creditcard

I'm not living in America, so it has to be a webhoster where a foreign can register the domain and the webspace.

Thanks in advance!
    Sebastian
    Last edited by miamivice; 05-24-2005 at 04:30 PM.

Sebastian,

The majority of hosts should have no issue with providing you that - search the forums and you'll find a few decent ones.

That said prior to sending anyone your money research them first! test their speeds and talk it over with them.

David,

i recognized your signature and hostingplex.com looks like a good offer... anyone here with negative experiences? =)

You can still use PayPal to pay with creditcard. or are you on a Country that is not accepted?

You can take a look at the offers secction, and then search for reviews.
    Portugal Networks
    Shared and Reseller cPanel Accounts. NEW! Windows 2003 with Plesk, ASP.NET 2.0 and MSSQL 2005.

Interesting thing is that I'm a webhoster and I'm not even living in the US. That doesn't stop me from being a webhoster and also that didn't ever stop me from using my credit card in the US before

So, basically, what I'm trying to say is that there should be no problems at all with using a foreign credit card. Maybe some hosts out there might require you to give some verification information just to make sure that you're not using a fraudulant credit card but that's about the extent of it. You should have no problem using your own credit card should you need hosting and a domain

Hope you find a good host. Take care...
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

I'm not living in America, so it has to be a webhoster where a foreign can register the domain and the webspace.
    Actually, it is generally safer and recommended that you get your domain from a well known registrar, separated from your host. I don't live in the US either, but I was able to use by Visa debit card with Namecheap for example.

Good luck!

Well many hosts donn't accept orders from specific countries where fraud rate is too high. Beside that you are fine to signup with any host :-)
    Dualnic.com | Connectivity. Stability. Reliability.
    Web Hosting & Reselling Since 2003
    "Our pricing may not beat the industry giants, but our service will"

i do know paypal dont accept from certain countrys

I haven't noticed any hosting websites that are country specific. It is all worldwide now because of these paying systems now available.

Also you should be able to find a hosting with what you want no problem. Just do a search.
    LEVEL5.HOST
    Domain & Web Hosting Services since 2010. 24 Hour Telephone/Live Chat support service.
    UK GOV Crown Commercial Supplier, and G-Cloud Framework. Suppliers for UK Gov and Private Sector companies.

Hi,

I am using the HostingConcept.net account before 1 year then i recommended you to see that site.

Danxkan
    Danxkan.com

Your requirements are very reasonable; many hosts out there meet or exceed them.
    But make sure you find an honest, reliable host - it's a jungle out there! I have researched many, and found some good ones (IMHO).
    Web Hosting Reviews — based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

I find that it is good to find a host that has been around for a while, and has good reviews here. Here are a couple you might want to research:
    pair.com
    westhost.com
    hostdime.com
    site5.com
    PHP Link Directory Script
    My First Profitable Web App
    I am David DuVal

The requirements of your's seems to be one which you should not have any problems with. You find plenty of hosts around with these features. But you will not be receiving the offers over here directly as it is against the rule. You can check their offers at their respective websites.

Also it is generally safe to have the domain registrar and the domain host as seperate companies so that you do not have any sort of problems in future.

Thank you for your responses. Wonderful support here!

out of topic.. What is the language that you speak if you dont mind me asking ?
    Web2.0 Hosting Directory WH-D.com Empowering our users!

I am from germany, so ... german

Since you're from Germany, you shouldn't have any problems finding any hosting... Most companies don't put restrictions on potential German customers fearing fraud like some South American countries or South East Asian countries. Your requirements aren't out of this world, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding a decent host.

I have read positive reviews about site5.com, you may want to search for posts re: site5 here. In terms of domain name, you can register the domain name under your own name. Just because you're not in America, doesn't mean you don't have the right to register domain names. I'm in Canada and I register domain names. You'd only have problems with register certain domain extensions.

For example, non Canadian residents/citizens/business can not (There are ways around it, but in theory, you're supposed to be able to, if you're not canadian based) register .ca domain names.

Godaddy.com registers domain names.

You can always use the host quote feature to request prices from webhosts on these forums. Browse the shared and reseller hosting offer section for coupons and discounts.

If you cannot find a host that will register your domain for you, you can always use these recommended registrars: namecheap.com and godaddy.com

Best of luck

@miamivice
    You have many reliable EU (German, Netherlands, UK, etc.) based web-hosts. So, why don't you try some of those, especially if you run a German-language website and community forum?

Originally posted by Fulk
    @miamivice
    You have many reliable EU (German, Netherlands, UK, etc.) based web-hosts. So, why don't you try some of those, especially if you run a German-language website and community forum?
    Because my site is poker related and poker is "illegal gambling" in Germany and it's not allowed to link to pokersites (Links or Banners) so i have to choose an american webhost.

Thanks for all your responses. I tried hostingplex.com, but the server is damn slow. I'll use the moneybackguaruantee and will choose another host.

I'm looking for a really FAST server. Webspace and Bandwith isn't that important. Any recommendations?

miamivice,

You will notice some minor speed issues as you are connecting to the server from Europe, but other than that if you have issues with speed do not hestitate to contact us at support@hostingplex.com

Originally posted by miamivice
    Thanks for all your responses. I tried hostingplex.com, but the server is damn slow. I'll use the moneybackguaruantee and will choose another host.

I'm looking for a really FAST server. Webspace and Bandwith isn't that important. Any recommendations?
    Fastest I've come across is Micfo. My site ping time is very short, although I live in Europe.
    Web Hosting Reviews — based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

Most host do not accept offline payments because of the hassle. However you might find few who do accept Wire/Western Union for annual/semi-annual terms.

Good luck finding the new host :-)
    Dualnic.com | Connectivity. Stability. Reliability.
    Web Hosting & Reselling Since 2003
    "Our pricing may not beat the industry giants, but our service will"