Emerald Cove, Unformed

Need PHP5 installation

Hellos, I have need to have php5 installed on my SM (win2k3) box. I have tried the installer but the php creators havent figured out how to create a working one since php2. I tried the various online tutorials but they only work for windows xp pro, and not windows 2003 (contrary to what they claim). ... So, I need to have someone to install php5 w/ mysql/i extensions on my servermatrix box.

Please name your price via pm or reply to this thread, thank you
    1. Mmmmm food...

First off, remove all traces of the PHP 5 you have. Specifically ensure that you don't have any ISAPI filter for PHP and that there is no Web Service Extension for PHP. Start with a clean sheet!

1. Download the "zipfile" version of PHP 5.x for Windows (not the "installer" version).

2. Unzip it into c:\php

3. Copy all the .dll files from c:\php to c:\windows\system32\ *except* the *apache.dll files and the *sapi.dll files

4. Copy c:\php\php.ini-recommended to c:\php\php.ini and edit php.ini in Notepad. Make these changes:

4.1 extension_dir = "c:\php\ext"

4.2 Enable the extensions you need by removing the ";" from in front of each required one in the list. For example change

We usually enable mysql, gd2, xsl and mbstring (php myadmin needs mbstring and mysql).

5. Copy php.ini from c:\php to c:\windows\

6. Open IIS Manager and add a Web Service Extension named PHP with the required file set to c:\php\php5isapi.dll (make sure the Web Service Extension is set to Allowed).

7. In IIS Manager, choose Properties for Web Sites and on the Home Directory tab click Configuration and add an application extension for ".php" files to point to c:\php\php5isapi.dll (options:all verbs, script engine, verify that file exists).

8. Open a command prompt and type iisreset then press enter, to restart IIS.

Chris at
    Windows & Linux hosting and fully managed dedicated servers with great customer service!
    UK-based but serving the world...

Lansing, MI, USA
    Wonderful little tutorial. OP, please let us know if this works well for you.
    Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs