Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

VPSColo - a nightmare.

I hate posting on forums like this about a company, but to be honest, our support and billing from VPSColo has been a pile of ****. Never have I dealt with a company as unprofessional as this.

I paid for a VPS1 package for a year back in January. Between January and April our VPS was up 90% of the time. We'd have to email support every time our VPS needed rebooting. When we asked them questions they'd not answer or we'd get an email saying "we're going to get back to you". A day - yes a day - later, we'd email again saying "what's going on?" and we'd get half a reply. Some of our questions still have never been answered.

In April, our VPS crashed permanently. I had an email saying that there was a problem with our machine and that they were moving our content from one machine to another and that our VPS would be down for 20 minutes. After 10 hours with no joy it turns out that they lost all our data and had no weekly or any other backup. We were told our data was corrupted as was the data on the backup. It took three to four days to discover they could not retrieve our data or a backup. Our VPS was back up after a couple of days. We had to restore everything from our own backups. The communication during this period was apalling.

As our VPS had been up for only 90% of the time (not the 99.5% as promised on the VPSColo Web site), I asked for some kind of refund. I was told that my email had been passed to billing. I heard nothing. Nothing.

Since late April, the support seems to have got better. Things seem to be more stable - no doubt due to our VPS being on a new machine? However, our server is maxed out. So, I think, let's give VPSColo a break. I don't like to think the worst of companies or people so I'll stick with them and upgrade our package. Six days ago I asked to upgrade. I emailed support/billing. I had no response. I emailed sales and was told that my email had been forwarded to billing. Since then I have sent two further emails and have heard nothing. Nothing.

This is unprofessional and it sucks big time. I am trying to run a professional service and I can't be doing with this kind of thing. I wouldn't mind if they were honest and told me they were having problems! Any kind of communication is better than silence.

I can only assume that VPSColo do not want further business. It also seems that when people post on here they get a quick response. So, can anyone recommend a new VPS company?

Paraphrase from a deleted message from Rus - "We know our billing is backed up and we've employed two further people this week. Let me know you're ticket number and I'll look into it."

------------

That's my point Rus. If you or anyone from VPSColo emailed me and told me that 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 days ago then most customers would say, "fair enough". Communication. That's all I'm asking for. If you knew this then why didn't you communicate this fact? Why do I have to send four emails in six days with the same message - "Is anyone out there?"

What about the questions I asked a month ago about some sort of recompense for our VPS being down for 90% time between January and April? Remember? Are they still backed up in billing?? This is unacceptable, Rus. VPSColo have serious problems that are still unresolved.

Last edited by tyte; 05-24-2005 at 10:29 AM.

i agree. I'm dissapointed, they charged
    my CC twice for $215, and my order
    was VPSCP1 package for 6mo, what
    cost $215. I sent 4th mail in one week
    but no response.... At the end i logged
    in VPS colo billing system, and i see
    3rd invoice for $215....
    what else to say......

ulti

As, we hae mentioned before, our billing staff is very short staffed, we are once again training new billing staff for vpscolo so, to reiterate what we said on our forums, billing will be slow, for a bit, as we training the new billing reps to handle your emails and requests. And thats what there is to say about it.

Any questions please don't hesitate to email me.
    Jay

Does that include the email I sent to billing on 18th April asking what VPSColo would do about a refund as you were in breech of your agreement? I got this response.

----
    18th April 2004

Hi

I will pass this over to billing to see if we can issue in line with our terms and conditions.

Rgds

Rus

----

No reply since. Hence, I cut you some slack and figured I'd go for an upgrade (better the devil you know and all that). Still no reply. How come I get a reply from VPSColo on this forum (twice within a couple of hours) and not when I email the company? Is this forum part of your support package? I wish I'd known earlier.

I'm not an unreasonable person - in fact, I've shown huge amounts of patience and have given VPSColo every break I could think of - I could have flamed here at any point in the last six months. I asked for an upgrade a week ago. Seeing as I haven't had a reply from billing since 18th April my recent upgrade request should be met - let's see - about four weeks from now?

It's too late. You're in breech of your SLA...

SLA : "For all accounts we offer a 99.5% uptime guarantee on hardware and our network."

Reality : We achieved 90.2% between January and April.

SLA : "Backups - We take a daily copy of your server in case of massive hardware failure."

Reality : We had a massive hardware falure. No backup.

SLA : "Redundancy - Each VPS is hosted on RAID arrays. Should a hard disk fail, your data will stay safe."

Reality : Corrupted data. Not 1 byte salvagable.

I would like a refund. I'm due one, but I don't know who to email seeing as billing won't respond and sales pass it on to billing as shown above.

???
    Last edited by tyte; 05-24-2005 at 01:03 PM.

hmm... i just need to say that is my problem
    solved... only i need to see when I'll recieve
    refunded money at my CC... but i hope so
    this will be first and last non-positive expirience
    with VPSColo.

ulti

All sounds very familiar!!!

Whilst Rus was in charge at VPScolo we never had a problem but now since the buy out it has all gone tits up!!!

After regular server failures and awful support we have now switched to a new company and their organisation etc has been very impressive so far.

To add insult to injury last week we sent the VPScolo billing dept a termination notice that complied with their terms and conditions (3 days notice) and to date have had NO reply from their billing dept, it was also sent to support who also forwarded it to their billing dept and still no reply!!! And guess what they have today rebilled us for $100!!!

Well I am fed up with this and have asked our bank to request an immediate chargeback, they can eat the fees!!!! This is nothing more than theft!!!!

Hughie

Heck, we have a test VPS through them that I've been trying to cancel for the last two months. Each time I send email to their billing, it seems to try to deliver email to support@dedicatednow.com and then return a failure notice. When I try to email support@vpscolo.com, they tell me to email billing. I'm at the point where I'm thinking of initiating chargeback due to no response.

I've also received numerous "overdue" emails from them (yet they keep billing my CC every month), starting from when they changed billing systems (probably during the merger/acquisition.) Yet since they don't cancel the current recurring billing, I really don't see why I'd want to sign up into their new billing system and pay yet again.

Service wise, they were OK for awhile, but then my VPS started failing every couple of days. The amount of alert pages I got from it was just annoying, to say the least. We've since moved on to provide our own VPS solutions, so I haven't seen the need to keep our VPSColo VPS.
    Last edited by speedcore; 05-31-2005 at 10:32 PM.
    UnifiedNet and SpeedCore Networks, Inc.
    http://www.speedcorenetworks.com
    Sales & Inquiries: sales@speedcorenetworks.com

Did you email billing? billing@vpscolo.com or just continue to try to email support, while support would have transferred your ticket into billing. I know all support/email tickets get answered. Especially recently since our new staff is now trained up on the billing and support side. And you are recieving overdue notices because you never completed the migration from the old system to the new system, the new system doesn't have your cc# to charge, so we didn't take you out of the old system. All clients were emailed a url to submit new cc info a few months ago. If you have an open ticket # please pm it to me.

Hughie: Looking through all your tickets, 99% of them where answered within 15minutes, and I would call that pretty good support, from your exim stats problem to your backup server, all responded to within minutes, especially your vps reboots. In regards to your vps instablity, we were aware of that and other stablity issues, which is why we are/were migrating customers from older VPS hardware to new opertons with alot more horsepower and RAID10 drive arrays.
    Jay

Yes that is true most tickets were responded to pretty quickly but after my VPS going down numerous times in one day ie every 10 mins at one time the response from support was still 'we have restarted your server' no explanation of why or what they were doing about it!!! It failed they restarted it and so it went on!

Eventually I got fed up with this and other problems such as moving me to a new server in a different datacenter with no notice and not informing me until I was told all my nameserver IPs and all others on my VPS were incorrect and I needed new ones for the new datacenter, well they moved it, not me, so how was I supposed to know!!!

Still I got my cancellation done eventually. Took the billing dept 48 hours to respond though and I have now moved to ******
    where everything is great so far!

Hughie

It can be quite a daunting task to merge to very different systems during a aquisition like this vpscolo one. The first stage is critical planning and patience. Im sure the new vpscolo doesnt want to push clients away especially since they just bought them. Then again its possible the new owners have aquired a mess from the old owners and its just a bit more than they anticipated.

At any rate it would be nice to ask clients for patience during a time like this but as we all know business waits for nobody. If someones livliehood is affected or going to be affected all they can do is act on results not promises. Good luck everyone.
    Greg Landis | Director of Growth Jaguarpc - Unlock Superior Hosting with JaguarPC
    Managed Servers - Virtual Private Servers | AMD EPYC Dedicated servers
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | (888)-338-5261 | greg @ jaguarpc.com

Jay - I tried to email billing@vpscolo.com several times. First there was no response and then as of the last week, I've been getting failure notice bouncebacks from your servers that the msg couldn't be delivered (to support@dedicatednow.com, where the address appears to be attempting to forward to.) I've PM'ed you the details on this. Thanks.

My account has been disabled for more than 1 week now, no reason stated. I am under the impression that it is being investigated.
    I mean 1 week is way too much time for investigation.

If you guys are reading this, please get to case number 674609 and get back to me ASAP.
    Good thing I am using this account solely for testing my application.

I've been a client for over a year now. I think I deserve a better treatment than this.
    What you can do with Cpanel ------------------> |||||
    What you can do with Cpanel XP+CpanelAPP -------> ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Your competitors are cashing in with Cpanel XP & CpanelAPP, are you?

I had a VPS at VPScolo for a couple of months early this year. Thought the service was good but boy did the speeds get slow. Unbearable... switched back to dedicated. Not sure if it was the box I am on or what.

No responce from their support. 6 hour since first email and no responce.
    Actually I destroyed my vps and propably i want have server for this weeked (

dryer: Please please don't overstate things for the pure sake of bashing, your email came in at 8:30am and it is 11:40am now. I am confused on how that is six hours. But mind you we were working on it before now.
    Jay

Jay,

What about my case?
    Its been "investigated" for more than a week.
    Please turn my VPS back on ASAP.

I really don't like to post negative feedbacks on WHT.
    In this case I really had to do it because I was getting ignored for a prolonged period of time and I was DISGUSTED at the level of support that I am getting.

I wish that Rus is still around to manage the company.
    He did a very fine job for more than 1 yr until ...........

Originally posted by jayglate
    dryer: Please please don't overstate things for the pure sake of bashing, your email came in at 8:30am and it is 11:40am now. I am confused on how that is six hours. But mind you we were working on it before now.
    What you can do with Cpanel XP+CpanelAPP -------> ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Ron, i read your ticket, it said you were back online. It pings and responds to ssh.

Anything further email me.
    Last edited by jayglate; 06-03-2005 at 10:23 PM.
    Jay

What about Opteron server the offer was Opteron and is Xeon and about Fantastico and RVskin?
    Also for server speed is very good, no complain
    WordPress Greece | Athanasiadis
    The Hellenic Community of WordPress

***edited by me, wrong forum***
    Last edited by askthexperts; 06-08-2005 at 12:38 AM.
    Three out of four people make up 75 percent of the population

Yeah I emailed you regarding that matter and its been days but I never got a reply. Maybe my email got tagged as SPAM accidentally.

Seems like you guys will only respond when I post on WHT.

Ron, i read your ticket, it said you were back online. It pings and responds to ssh.

Anything further email me.

It's been over 5 days since jayglate PM'ed me that he was looking into my problem and I've yet to receive a followup response about it.

Yes, I am still looking into both your problems, as it is very busy here. So be patient. please, and no ron, posting here doesn't accomplish anything, in the respect to what you are talking about.
    Jay

OK, I totally appreciate that.

Perhaps a note of acknowledgement might help a little.
    If you put yourself in my shoes, you will find that it was virtually impossible to tell if you guys are investigating it or if I was simply being ignored.

At this point, I am still waiting for VPSCOLO to reply to me with the reason why my account was suspended.
    Staff should write a note when accounts are suspended, this is standard practice. I am not even asking for a warning,compensation or apology for the 2 weeks of downtime, none of which Ive received so far BTW. I don't know how long you can go on treating your customers like that.

It's now been over 16 days and I still have no followup responses, PMs or emails from jayglate or VPS Colo/DedicatedNow in general. If any of our billing or support responses ever took this long to resolve for our customers, I wouldn't have a business anymore. For all your claims about quick responses and things changing, this is indicative of a company who does just the opposite. If you're too busy to take care of this yourself, then delegate it to somebody who does have the time. I'm going to initiate a chargeback within the next 48 hours if this isn't resolved soon. This is downright ridiculous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast