Post Best Anti Fraud Text you have ever seen?

Do you know those any fraud texts that show up on the shopping cart when you enter your CC details??

Like we track and put scammers in jail?? CCredit card fraud is a serious crime and we will prosecute fraudsters to the fullest extent!

Whats the best one you have ever seen and would potentially stop some scammers?

Re: Best Anti Fraud Text you have ever seen?

Originally posted by joephill
    Whats the best one you have ever seen and would potentially stop some scammers?
    Haven't seen a good one, because anything that would scare a scammer would scare off your legitimate customers too.
    Dan Grossman - dan @ awio.com
    My Blog | Affiliate Program for Web Hosts

There is no text that will "stop" a scammer from signing up and trying to rip you off or steal email services, etc...

They don't care what you write.

You are better to implement either a manual confirmation (phone call to verify the order) or automated system (fraud guardien, etc..) to help you find and stop hackers before they are able to copmlete the application and charge the stolen card.
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

Text warning to stop fraudulent CC use is like telling a murderer not to speed. The most impact it will have on their behavior is little more than a speed bump.

The suggestion to verify through a phone call or online service makes the most sense.

Originally posted by Sidorino
    The question was not about what is the best way to prevent fraud, Story :-)) ..Anyway, I was never intersted, so I don't have much to tell, but I'm curious to listen :-))
    The question might be 'how', but the answer is 'why'.

Re: Re: Best Anti Fraud Text you have ever seen?

Originally posted by Dan Grossman
    Haven't seen a good one, because anything that would scare a scammer would scare off your legitimate customers too.
    I agree, those who wish to use FRAUD Cards wont be scared of such text stuff.

Thats the reason why you wont see any such warning on any hosting site.
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting Dedicated Servers Domain Names
    Custom Web Development Mobile Application Development SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

I tend to agree with those above me.

But, I am curious. How many of you actually contact by phone? Is this really time-consuming or is it well worth it in the end?

Originally posted by Basima
    I tend to agree with those above me.

But, I am curious. How many of you actually contact by phone? Is this really time-consuming or is it well worth it in the end?
    I view it like most brick and mortar stores--shrinkage. There is always going to be a certain amount of loss. What you don't want to do is spend a dollar to save a dime.

Originally posted by Storyman
    I view it like most brick and mortar stores--shrinkage. There is always going to be a certain amount of loss. What you don't want to do is spend a dollar to save a dime.
    Good point.

The best way to enforce anti-fraud, in my opinion, is through software implementation of your shopping cart. Nothing beats the hell out of scammers like catching them in the act and they won't be able to checkout successfully. If they have all the credit card, physical & billing address, IP address, and etc. information verified 100% then the best way is to use Industrial strengh technologies like Verified by Visa and Mastercard SecureCode because those will guard you against fraud all the time. When you get a chargeback through VbV or MSC, the credit card companies won't hassle you but the cardholder.
    Batsu J-Rock Forum - http://batsu.org/

I agree that VbV and MSC are definitely good technologies - just keep in mind that there are limitations on the chargeback reason codes that they protect against.

They also provide virtually no protection on recurring transactions as those transactions would not be able to make use of Cardholder Authentication unless you did it via invoice and had your client log in to pay each time.

On a more universal basis, I'm definitely an advocate of phone verification - whether manual or automated. There are lots of great options available these days such as FraudGate and other systems that make it very cost effective for even the smallest business to gain the benefits of automated phone-based order verifications.

Add in services like MaxMind for the IP-based verification along with AVS & CVV and perhaps some negative database/settlement level fraud detection and you'll have the makings of a top notch system to reduce your order acceptance risk.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

Re: Best Anti Fraud Text you have ever seen?

Like we track and put scammers in jail?? CCredit card fraud is a serious crime and we will prosecute fraudsters to the fullest extent!
    Consider yourself lucky if you can track down scammers, because anyone with some intelligence would cover their tracks before and after making a move.