Hybrid View

Modernbill/FraudGuardian - Dead order form, SSL possible issue?

Here's the story. This past Thursday FraudGuardian server had DNS issue where MB provide routed the IPs incorrectly. Anyone trying to submit an order, after clicking the finalize order button, would receive a "page can not be displayed" page.

Now I have used FraudGuardian for months and never had any issues. This all started Thursday. I believe it was late Friday when Michael at MB apologies and said everything was up 100%. Doing more test I found that was incorrect and anyone trying to place an order with FraudGuardian enabled always got "page can not be found". Now this page appears as MB sends info to FraudGuardian and awaits FraudGuardian to send the results back to it.

Being as Michael said it was up and working we both started troubleshooting my server. We did test with the following items:

[1] Firewall off, FraudGuardian on with varilogix on
    [2] Firewall off, FraudGuardian on with varilogix off
    [3] FraudGuardian server IPs in my firewall allowed list

Keep in mind if FraudGuardian is set to off in MB orders work fine with varilogix. I tailed all logs and found no errors. The only remotely close error we found was the following which was located in /var/log/emaxhosting.com

[24/May/2005 09:03:06 09291] [info] Connection to child 13 established (server emaxhosting.com:443, client 68.39.xx.xx)
    [24/May/2005 09:03:06 09291] [info] Seeding PRNG with 1160 bytes of entropy
    [24/May/2005 09:03:06 09291] [info] Connection: Client IP: 68.39.xx.xx, Protocol: SSLv3, Cipher: RC4-MD5 (128/128 bits)
    [24/May/2005 09:03:06 09291] [info] Initial (No.1) HTTPS request received for child 13 (server emaxhosting.com:443)
    [24/May/2005 09:03:06 09291] [info] Connection to child 13 closed with unclean shutdown (server emaxhosting.com:443, client 68.39.xx.xx)
    [24/May/2005 09:03:06 09296] [info] Connection to child 18 established (server emaxhosting.com:443, client 68.39.xx.xx)
    [24/May/2005 09:03:06 09296] [info] Seeding PRNG with 1160 bytes of entropy

Michael says no one else has issues with FraudGuardian. I find it odd that the same time their service mess up something out of the blue happens to my server that enables it to NOT work with FraudGuardian but work fine with anything else.

Does anyone have any other clue or suggest I might try to fix this issue? BTW acunett also looked at this and didn't find anything wrong.

Maybe some DNS cacheing is going on with your resolving nameservers?
    Neosurge Web Services since 2002
    Neosurge VPS Hosting

Originally posted by Neosurge
    Maybe some DNS cacheing is going on with your resolving nameservers?
    I forgot to say that when a client sites there and waits for the next page, the client info is sent to FraudGuardian because I get the normal FraudGuardian report about the clients info.

What seems to be the main issue tho is apparently FraudGuardian is not sending the info back to my server OR my server is not allowing it.

Have you tried rebuilding apache?

[24/May/2005 09:03:06 09291] [info] Connection to child 13 closed with unclean shutdown (server emaxhosting.com:443, client 68.39.xx.xx)

Seems like a problem with SSL or maybe curl over SSL.
    Neosurge Web Services since 2002
    Neosurge VPS Hosting

Yes I recompiled apache.

We have received both FG and Varilogix confirmations today and yesterday Emax so they are actually working this time. I had a lot of problems making them work together after Varilogix reopened. I know that doesn't help much, but just wanted to let you know real customers of theirs are working so MB isn't BSing you on this one.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    UrNode - Virtual Solutions
    http://www.UrNode.com

Thanks Kris for that update.

I have no doubt it's up and working. I'm just lost as to how it stopped working 100% the same day they had issues. Michael is still running test but I'm lost on what else we should try, server or their end. Been at this since this past Friday.