Who is the best, cheap and reliable right now?

Hi there,

For a long time I have not updated the web hosting biz.
    Can you let me know who is the best, cheap but reliable dedicated server provider right now?

Thanks for sharing.

Layeredtech imo

I always love it when people use the phrase "cheap but reliable". How about "reasonably priced and reliable".

Layered Tech is pretty good. Ev1servers

I've had some problems with burst net and managed.com in the past. Who knows if they have changed over the past year.

Originally posted by Erich
    Layeredtech imo
    agree. LT is cheapest and most reilable so far but the support need a little work on. i place an order, last Sunday. i got the server detail on monday but no invoice nor support account. i got client id and login detail of my server and that's it. i've email them since monday but still no reply on invoice and support account yet.

zipservers.com is pretty good, they are a reseller for server matrix.

you might also look into wholesaleinternet.com

they run a pretty decent operation over there

From what I've seen, LayeredTech is the way to go. I'll be setting up an account through them within the next few months.

I would agree that LT, is a good way to go, I had a box through a reseller of theirs and it was a good bang for the buck.

Thanks for sharing indeed.

Frankly, one year ago I did not see LayeredTech name on WHT.
    I will check their website.

I would have to say http://resellerworkz.com/ , I have been very happy with them
    UrlRedo.com - short URL service

LT has a nice fast network and once you get your server running properly it is fine. We opted to try them out and the server they issued to us had a failed drive within 72 hours of uptime. They claimed the drive was shot and would not even put it in the machine for us to pull off some recently updated files. They refused to add it as a secondary and they refused to allow us to take it to a data recovery shop. Didn't really matter as the only data lost was about 4 hours worth after the daily offsite backup, just odd they were so adamite about not allowing us access to the drive in any form.

Other than that issue we have not had a problem with them. Their support is SLOOOOOOW. Don't put in a ticket and expect a reply very quickly like you get with EV1 and TP.

Those ajectives don't go together

Originally posted by kris1351
    LT has a nice fast network and once you get your server running properly it is fine. We opted to try them out and the server they issued to us had a failed drive within 72 hours of uptime. They claimed the drive was shot and would not even put it in the machine for us to pull off some recently updated files. They refused to add it as a secondary and they refused to allow us to take it to a data recovery shop. Didn't really matter as the only data lost was about 4 hours worth after the daily offsite backup, just odd they were so adamite about not allowing us access to the drive in any form.

Other than that issue we have not had a problem with them. Their support is SLOOOOOOW. Don't put in a ticket and expect a reply very quickly like you get with EV1 and TP.
    hey about your offsite backup, since i don't see anything like Disksync offer at LT. what do you use? i've a windows box over there at LT. it's not a production server yet but will like to know your offsite backup solution.

I could recommend BQInternet for offsite backup:
    http://www.bqbackup.com/

www.dirtcheapwebservers.com comes to mind but they are all sold out I think.