JavaScript/HTML Best Obfuscator?

Hi everyone:

I've been trying to scramble my JavaScript client-side code as well as HTML for some while now. I thought that using JavaScript insertions (by JavaScript Obfuscators) was the best alternative, until recently I learned from one of the customers that he had a heck of a time loading my website on his computer. It turned out the guy was using a third-party web browser as he didn't want all the pop-ups and viruses to get into his system thru IE.

Well, it was a bummer. Again, I want to point out that I intended scrambling of my pages only to prevent some "dream boys" from simlpy copying all Java menues and design that I had to pay for. I was almost about to give up obfuscation when one of my colleagues found this tool:

http://www.dennisbabkin.com/screnc

I should say, it's pretty simple to use and produces results without JavaScript insertions. I don't know, can someone tell if they used it before? Is it worth the money?

Thanks in advance,

John D.

Looks on first glance to be a simple blend of javascript and html entities. While this will stop a casual snoop, it will not stop somone who actually wants the contents of teh web page. If the browser can display it client side then pdds are pretty good that they can retrieve it no matter how scrambled you make it.
    "Obsolesence is just a lack of imagination."

It's not worth the money at all. I don't care how much you "obfuscate" a page's HTML source, it's just a simple Ctrl+Shift+I in Firefox to invoke the DOM Inspector and there's the page's entire HTML structure and all its CSS rules at my fingertips. In other words, it's about as effective as those "no right click" scripts that supposedly "protect your images".

A better question would be to ask what you're so concerned about that you'd need to go to these lengths to hide, and, if you've truly got something so sensitive that no-one can be allowed to see it, whether you should be putting it on the Web at all.
    You cooin' with my bird?