Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bought customers for my host site - need advice! also, is it scam?

I'm new to reselling webhosting, and have been reading and researching heaps, wanting to start my own site. Really looking forward to doing this.

Recently I made a deal where I purchased hosting customers through another person (from a couple actually) on the internet. Now, this person asks me for WHM access or WHM autopilot info, here is the message:

"> Thank you for bidding
    >
    > Also, please send WHM access or WHM Autopilot info asap so that we
    > can get started."

I asked about what this is about, he replied:

> WHM Access is your login to your hosting server. WHM Autopilot is
    > what is used to set up customers automatically. Do you have a
    > hosting server yet?
    >

Ok, so is this normal? Do I send him my WHM Access, or is that equivalent to my username and password. I'm not too familiar with how it all works yet, so please advice what I should and shouldn't do, etc.

Cause I do want to attain those customers, but how should I go about getting it from him? (e.g. How to sign up, etc.) Should I just get these customers to sign up themselves? Should I get their info? Or should I let me do it for me? What security issues have I got here. Basicly, what is it that I can, and I can't give out?

Appreciate all the help I can get as a newbie, guys. I will be going through this forum for more reading later on. THanks!

Plus I just recently read of possible scams as well. Hmm, so I've taken the risk, will see how this one works out, and will let you all know.

Cheers

If you got these 'customers' on ebay, I am sorry to tell you... but this is most likely a scam. 99.9% of them are.

yep, u guessed it right... ebay.

Well the first rule in running a web hosting business... NEVER give out your username/password to someone you dont know (staff from your web hosting company, or server admin company excepted of course).
    Rob G.
    ShopManager - Sales & Repair Business Management Software

Ok.

What about this one?

>If you have already purchased from us our nameservers are
    >NS1.XXX*********** & NS2.XXX*********** and to have
    >your own private name servers the
    >
    >IP's are :
    >00.00.000.000 & 00.00.000.000 just set them up with your
    >domain registrar.

(some details blanked out to protect privacy of seller)

What does this mean? I just want to sign up these customers, or just transfer their current hosting account over to mine.

Thanks you!

Cheers

Are you sure you know exactly what you purchased... from that it sounds like a reseller account of some sort :|

Do you have a link to the ebay auction?
    Rob G.

Originally posted by LSChosting
    Are you sure you know exactly what you purchased... from that it sounds like a reseller account of some sort :|

Do you have a link to the ebay auction?
    "...So if you want xx WebHosting customers paying you $x.xx a month simply BUY IT NOW & for $xxx.xx you'll have it...

Again we won't be offering this until FALL again because we've got our quota...

Our marketing company is raring to go this summer & here is your last chance to get this deal. You do the math xx times x.xx a month. We will only be paying half back if we don't fullfill the order of xx customers because it costs us money to market to these people..."

(again, some blanked using "x" to protect privacy)

By reading this, it didn't mention about having to open reselling accounts, it simply mentions this much customers for this much. That's pretty much it.

P.S. I've emailed you the links.

Originally posted by tigerx9
    "...So if you want xx WebHosting customers paying you $x.xx a month simply BUY IT NOW & for $xxx.xx you'll have it...

Again we won't be offering this until FALL again because we've got our quota...

Our marketing company is raring to go this summer & here is your last chance to get this deal. You do the math xx times x.xx a month. We will only be paying half back if we don't fullfill the order of xx customers because it costs us money to market to these people..."

(again, some blanked using "x" to protect privacy)

By reading this, it didn't mention about having to open reselling accounts, it simply mentions this much customers for this much. That's pretty much it.

P.S. I've emailed you the links.
    Here's my 1cent (took the other 1cent to ride the pony at Wally World). Hehehe...

If you've purchased the customers and paid for it on Ebay via Paypal or something, then please do go over to Paypal and get your money back.

Why? Well... nobody would ask you for your WHM Autopilot Username and Password for nothing. If you're thinking logically, why would anyone need your password if not to steal your customers away from you or to screw something up on your server? (total stranger)

Anyway, Ebay is where all the cheaters, liars, fraudsters and what not come and get together to cheat the unsuspecting, the non-knowing, the naive people. It's kinda a known fact.

Anyway, nobody is so stupid and/or crazy to spend a fortune on Marketing in Summer and then sell the clients off in Winter or something like that. Kinda stupid right? Don't be fooled by the person. Don't waste your time on them. Your time is definitely more precious than entertaining those idiots.

Hope that you have a great day. Take care... beware and always seek advice if you should need help.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

Originally posted by aodat2
    Here's my 1cent (took the other 1cent to ride the pony at Wally World). Hehehe...
    ~

If you've purchased the customers and paid for it on Ebay via Paypal or something, then please do go over to Paypal and get your money back. [/QUOTE]
    So what's the policy with Paypal or Ebay? Is there a time limit by when I should do this? How should I go about doing it? So not happy if scammed...

Originally posted by tigerx9
    ~

If you've purchased the customers and paid for it on Ebay via Paypal or something, then please do go over to Paypal and get your money back.
    So what's the policy with Paypal or Ebay? Is there a time limit by when I should do this? How should I go about doing it? So not happy if scammed...
    I also agree with the stats mentioned here.. You've most likely 99% got scammed.

What I'd do is log into paypal..

Send me $532 to m...... Just kidding. lol

In paypal, go to Resolution Center, click
    File a claim: Dispute a purchase you made using PayPal, and fill out all the needed junk.

And Then you'll have to go through a resolution process.

I wish you the best of luck with your future, and hope these scams don't find you again any time soon.

Edit: Fixed the Quote.

everybody be careful of ebay scammers!

hostrightsolutions ( 1 ) $610
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7516794105

justinstewart (81) $400
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7516670303

Ok, these are the links to 2 of the 3 auctions, of which i am not too confident what is promised in there will be delivered. And therefore I have made a dispute claim with paypal, and also my credit card company, to see if I can get a refund.

Have a look and see what u guys think.

I also contacted them all a few days ago.

hostrightsolutions replied, have refused to give me a refund, and in response to my email, have denied what was being advertised on the auction. That will all be explained in the correspondence I have with her.

justinstewart has not yet replied me. but from what i've heard from another ebayer that had dealt with him - similar thing.

the third guy... i'm just gonna wait and see what he does, but will do the same if same thing happens...

Be careful to those new to this, hey... I've learnt the hard way, possibly lose much money if can't get refund, i hope everyone can spread word around and make sure newbies are warned...

bloody pissed off, man... to see how creeps take hard earned money off your hands like that, no bloody morals or ethics, not even an amount of guilt conscience

Here's something I can say, but too stupid to follow it: "If something sounds too good to be true, it most probably is..." I was just plain greedy before, thinking about 500 times $20 = $15000/mth - guaranteed

i feel like a real dick now...

now, this is the link i should've read first, a honest look at what's at topic here...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7517670171
    Last edited by tigerx9; 05-26-2005 at 02:00 PM.

====== [ my latest reply just before ] ===================

RE: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7516794105
    Paypal Complaint Case ID - PP-084-677-191

I wasn't sure at first, as I was still giving you the benefit of a doubt. But I am very disappointed to finally see that your auction is a scam. All you stated here as doing are carrying out traffic/email campaigns, and that's all you are doing. Traffic/email campaigns are not complicated, nor expensive tasks, and I actually thoughtyou had some impressive marketing strategies to blow me away with. And whether if you are doing those campaigns at all, is still questionable, as you cannot provide Proof. And you know it, and knowingly done it, taking $610 of hard earned money from me.

Here, I will spend my last effort in this email to reply to you, in not so much having to justify to you, but more so in presenting a case in which I am legally obligated to do in order to support my claims. Because it is apparent you cannot guarantee to deliver the item I have purchased from you, and I will definitely demand a refund from you, as of now. After this, I will pursue the refund by other means.

Here's a definition for you: a customer is a purchaser, a consumer, a buyer, an end user - someone who actually makes a payment and a transaction. And that is what you have originally guaranteed, in the auction, in writing. What you are stating today, here, are traffics or prospects, with no guarantees of signing up and/or paying. And that is very different from what was stated in your auction, which goes without saying, is false advertisement.

I'm sorry to tell you, the "legitimate advertising auction" argument does not stand, because the ultimate offer of the auction, as state very clearly, are a guaranteed delivery of 500 customers. Please note auction title "500 Web Hosting Customers", not Traffic/Email/Advertising Campaign - No Guarantees". "Legitimate advertising" is your method, your problem, your issue, and your way of giving me (for me to "receive") the 500 customers. Therefore "legitimate advertising" does not stand on your part. You are not selling an advertising service, the auction is not based on that, it is based on delivering 500 customers, and you are clearly refusing to guarantee a delivery of 500 customers. And the auction does say a big loud 500.

And the "WHM Access" part, sorry, but that wasn't mentioned as a pre-requisite in the auction. Nor is it secure. No webmaster will handout or provide access to total strangers. So this thing about me not providing "WHM Access" as being my fault in not receiving traffic hits - well, it's not difficult to see that it doesn't stand either. It is not the reason I am losing or "missing out" on these prospects. You said you will continue the blast thing for another 30 days? Not only did you mention for up to 90 days, which means it should be another 60 days, but I doubt you are doing anything at all.

Please do not take me for a fool, and please do not take others as fools. There is a whole webhosting community out there that will not be taken in by you. Alot of ebayers and webhosters are not happy with scams such as this. Support for your case is very limited. Trust me, in this case, a negative feedback will work against you considerably as it would for me, no question about that. Unfortunately I did not learn about scams like this before I purchased your item. Fortunately I am a VERY quick learner, and I don't waste time to claim back what is mine.

Don't take this as a challenge, I'm not trying to win the argument just make you look all wrong so I can feel better of myself. It's not a challenge. I would certainly like to get back to business as usual. BUT - I have handed you $610 (which is not yours in the first place, i worked hard for it, it is no loss to you) and am not getting the product/service I have purchased, and I do want it back. I assure you it will save us both time. Continuing to justify your position will not improve your case anymore.

So, according to our correspendence via email, and everything you have stated herein, you are clearly refusing to deliver a product/service that I have paid you for, and now you are refusing to provide me a refund on that basis. You have clearly broken the agreement we have made in the auction, and are now legally obligated to refund my money at my request in your earliest convenience. Please do so, and no further action will be taken.

Sincerely,

--- Host Right Solutions wrote:

> The auction clearly states that this is an advertising auction:
    >
    > Please do not bid unless you are prepared to pay the auction's total
    > amount. If you have any questions about the auction, please email us
    > before bidding. If you place a bid and do not pay, we will take
    > action against you to the fullest extent. This is a serious and
    > legitimate advertising auction. We reserve the right to reject any
    > bidder if we see it necessary.
    > Sir, your advertising has already started. As you can see in the
    > auction, it does clearly state a guarantee..."Customers delivered
    > within 30 days - Guaranteed or your money back..... We now have
    > advanced advertising methods to get your customers - GUARANTEED" As
    > guaranteed, we are providing advertising services for you for 30 days
    > and all customers signing up will be done in that 30 days. There is
    > no guarantee on the number of customers. The advertising is the
    > guarantee.
    >
    > You asked for: "A detailed plan showing what campaign is carried out,
    > what kind of lead generation is expected, what successful "sale" is
    > expected, within what given timeframe."
    >
    > As in any advertising campaign, there are no guarantees in results.
    > Your advertising campaign has indeed beed started and your last email
    > advertising blast was on 5/25/05 at 4:00 pm. You never sent WHM
    > access, therfore your campaign was started without it. We typically
    > do not do this, but did on your campaign to help you. Again, we will
    > continue your campaign for 30 days, unless you wish us to stop.
    >
    > Regards,
    > xxxx xxxxx
    > HostRightSolutions.net
    >

=================I wrote==================================
    > RE:
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7516794105
    >
    > The product is the guaranteed result of 500 hosting customers (signed
    > up, paying, and hosted by us) as clearly advertised in the auction,
    > and that is what we paid for. No need to sidetrack the dispute about the
    > definition here.
    >
    > We are certain you can understand, and are not surprised, at the
    > reasoning behind the urgency of this request, as we are sure you are
    > not blind to the number of scams involved regarding types of deals
    > such as this. Therefore, until REAL results can be shown, the dispute
    > stays.
    >
    > You stated here that the advertising campaign has begun. For you to
    > prove this, please provide proof and details of this campaign, to me
    > and to paypal. A detailed plan showing what campaign is carried out,
    > what kind of lead generation is expected, what successful "sale" is
    > expected, within what given timeframe. In other words, we can see
    > you're doing the service, and we can customers being "delivered" by
    > you and being signed up by us. A "saavy" marketing & advertising person
    > as yourself, being able to guarantee an impressive 500 customers in 90
    > days at $8 - $10 each per month, should already have an existing plan
    > in place to be able to provide this.
    >
    >
    >

========================================================
    > --- Host Right Solutions wrote:
    >
    > > Sir,
    > >
    > > It is unfortunate that you feel this way, as the advertising
    > campaign has already started. My services have already began, therefore a
    > > refund is not due. There is no scam here. I am providing the exact
    > > services that the listing stated. I have received the email from
    > > Paypal and have responded. I am sure they will see that I have
    > > provided the service. Again, I will reiterate, there is no
    > "product" to be delivered, this was a service that is being provided to you
    > and has already started and is in process. If you would like me to
    > > discontinue the service, please advise of so, but there will be no
    > > refund due.
    > >
    > > I hope to see that this matter can be resolved within the next
    > couple of days.
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > xxxx xxxxx
    > > HostRightSolutions.net
    > >

============ I wrote ==========================
    > > Hello hostrightsolutions,
    > >
    > > We regret to inform you that a refund request is required for this
    > > item. We do not feel confident in this item, of which we've
    > purchased from you, is attainable and genuine. We believe it is may be a
    > > possible scam due to the large amounts of feedback and experience
    > > from other ebay sellers and the web hosting community regarding these
    > type of deals. We, therefore, would like you to refund $610 back to us
    > as soon as possible. Since we have not heard back from you in the last
    > > couple of days, we have lodged a dispute claim with PayPal for this
    > > item as well. This is to initiate the process and save a bit of
    > time, and hopefully resolve this matter in the easiest and quickest
    > manner possible for the both of us. Since the product has not delivered
    > yet, we do not see any issues with your providing this refund. Once this
    > > matter is resolved, we with withdraw our dispute claim with paypal
    > > and ebay, and not pursue it any further.
    > >
    > > We hope to see that this matter can be resolved within the next
    > > couple of days.
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > >
    > >

-------------------- {I written this earlier, to no reply}--------------- ------------------------
    > > > Hello,
    > > >
    > > > Do you have the 500 hosting customers ready? We would like to
    > > > complete this transaction as soon as possible, due to the amount of scams
    > > > (99.9%) surrounding these types of webhosting customers auctions
    > on ebay. There already has been quite a number of disgrunted ebayers
    > > > whom would like to take investigative and legal action to the fullest
    > > > extent possible. Out of concern for honest ebay sellers as yourself,
    > this way, if you can provide the 500 customers as stated and agreed
    > way ahead of 16-June 2005 (say by the end of this week), we can
    > provide you with an excellent referral and others will be more likely to
    > place trust in your genuine auction.
    > > >
    > > > There are only two ways we can do this:
    > > >
    > > > 1. If the customers' are already hosted on a server, please
    > provide their/that server account details/access, and we will go ahead
    > ASAP with the full transfer of the customer's domain names and/or
    > sites.
    > >
    > > > We don't think it's a good idea to give you our "WHM access",
    > agreed?
    > > >
    > > > 2. If they're not hosted, but would like to sign up to be hosted,
    > > > please provide their full details. We will sign them on ourselves.
    > > >
    > > > If you do not feel confident to do this, then please refund the
    > > full payment of USD $610 to us as soon as possible.
    > > >
    > > > We would also like further details about you if possible. Such as
    > a real name, contact number, and postal address, due to the risky
    > > > nature of these types of auction. We would like to know who we are
    > dealing with.
    > > >
    > > > Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any queries. We
    > > > look forward to doing business with you.
    > > >
    > > > Regards,
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >

============================================
    > > > --- "eBay Member: hostrightsolutions" wrote:
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > Dear ,
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > Thank you for your purchase. The total for your item below is
    > US $610.00.
    > > > > 7516794105 1US $610.00
    > > > > 500 Web Hosting Customers
    > > > >
    > > > > ----------------------
    > > > > Total:US $610.00
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > Please send payment
    > > > >
    > > > > Thank you for bidding
    > > > >
    > > > > Also, please send WHM access or WHM Autopilot info asap so that
    > > we can get started.
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > Please email me if you have any
    > > > > questions.
    > > > >
    > > > > I offer the following postage options:
    > > > > Standard Int'l Flat Rate Postage: US $0.00
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > Thank you again for your purchase.
    > > > >
    > > > > hostrightsolutions

The winning bidder will be guaranteed that all customers are delivered within 30 days - no longer 90 days!
    The people selling these are pretty stupid. Which is it??? Guaranteed delivery within 30 days or up to 90 days??

I would never bid on something like that.

justinstewart (81) $400
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...item=7516670303

If you look at this guys feedback it looks like someone else bought the same thing you did and got a refund...

hostrightsolutions ( 1 ) $610
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7516794105

This guy is probably long gone with your money. Your best bet is to file a dispute with Paypal and Ebay. He does have the word "Advertisement" listed once on his page in bold red at the bottom... that may bail him out, who knows.

Never buy customers from people. Never provide any internal information (passwords, usernames, etc). If you want to buy customers buy established businesses with proven documentation.

Hope everything works out. Keep us posted

Um this seem too obvious to ask but...

How can someone sell you a customer? A customer is a person that make their own decisions. Nobody can sell that. It implies that they have some sort of control over another person's actions.

They can sell you their client base. Those people are then free to leave (and many will) as soon as they realize that something is different. This is generally what happens when you buy someone's business from them.

Legitimate marketers will sell you "leads" which then become your responsibility to convert to customers.

Originally posted by Redcoat
    The people selling these are pretty stupid. Which is it??? Guaranteed delivery within 30 days or up to 90 days??

I would never bid on something like that.
    I know, RedCoat, I know... this is a big lesson for me...

Originally posted by davshirley
    Um this seem too obvious to ask but...

How can someone sell you a customer? A customer is a person that make their own decisions. Nobody can sell that. It implies that they have some sort of control over another person's actions.

They can sell you their client base. Those people are then free to leave (and many will) as soon as they realize that something is different. This is generally what happens when you buy someone's business from them.

Legitimate marketers will sell you "leads" which then become your responsibility to convert to customers.
    Exactly! If providing leads or prospect traffic, then say so... If selling clientele database, then say so... These guys are obviously misleading and falsely advertising with a guaranteed client base pitch, but are just trying to tell you afterwards that they provide the lead with no guarantee of getting customers. And you don't really know if they are doing anything at all.

I think what some of them get away with is probably the fact that the buyers that was scammed didn't do anything about it. That I don't know, but would assume so. I just can't let them get away with my money, no way!

well, just an update.

justinstewart refunded my $400 promptly after my request, it's still pending in paypal, but that's great! once cleared, that's a chunk of $400 back!

the other one with the email drama, well, replied back with pretty much the same stuff, except I think she's confusing herself more in her own argument. > Is it 30 days or 90 days? Hell, I think she's confusing me too... > Purely advertising services? I think she forgot to put that in the auction piece... > no more guaranteed 500 customers? Oh man, are we talking of a different auction that I'm not aware about? geez... > me missing out on traffic because I didn't provide WHM Access details? So where is she directing traffic to all this time?

btw, the part in the auction "If you place a bid and do not pay, we will take action against you to the fullest extent. "... well, If I place a bid and you do not deliver, I also will take action against you to the fullest extent too...

It just seems so obviously nothing was done, and every excuse to weasel out of it... Anyway, ya'll can read it here...

=======email from hostrightsolutions===========
    You stated:

Your 90 days of advertising is guaranteed and will be honored.

My auction is not a scam. On the contrary, legitimate Traffic/email campaigns are complicated and can be expensive tasks. It is clear that you understood that this was an advertising auction, as you state "and I actually thoughtyou had some impressive marketing strategies to blow me away with."

Sir, there is no case to be made. I am providing to you the advertising services that you purchased via the auction. I will continue to do so for the full amount of time.
    Because it is apparent you cannot guarantee to deliver the item I have
    Again, I will state, that the guarantee is for the advertising. I will bulk advertise for the full 30 days. There is no guarantee for the number of customers. If you get 800 out of the advertising campaign, you keep them. Again, there is no guarantee of numbers.
    There has been no false advertisement, which I have clearly outlined in my last email to you - verbatim to the auction listing which states plainly that this is an advertising auction:

Please do not bid unless you are prepared to pay the auction's total
    amount. If you have any questions about the auction, please email us before bidding. If you place a bid and do not pay, we will take
    action against you to the fullest extent. This is a serious and
    legitimate advertising auction. We reserve the right to reject any
    bidder if we see it necessary.

You state: "I'm sorry to tell you, the "legitimate advertising auction" argument
    does not stand, because the ultimate offer of the auction, as state
    very clearly, are a guaranteed delivery of 500 customers."

This is exactly what the auction states:

Customers delivered within 30 days of payment - GUARANTEED OR YOUR MONEY BACK! We now have ADVANCED advertising methods to get your customers! GUARANTEED!!!
    Please note that the auction listing states that the customers will be delivered within 30 days. It does not say an amount. Again, I will reiterate that this auction clearly stated it was for advertising.
    You also state, "And the auction does say a big loud 500." If you would kindly take a look at the auction it says, "Do you want 500 customers?" That is a pitch for the advertising. That does not guarantee that you will get 500 customers. It does not mean that you will not. Again, if you get more or less, they are yours... if you get 0 or 1,000, they are yours. This auction is for the advertising.

WHM access was requested so that in the event a customer came in, we could put them on your server for you. You chose not to give us the access, therefore, you would be responsible for putting them on your server yourself. All of the other auction winners did provide their access. They understood that it was to place their customers on the WHM when they came in. I, in no way indicated that this is the reason that you are, in your words, "missing out." Your campaign still went out, but you will be responsible for putting your own customers on when they come in.

Also, if you look at your auction, it clearly states for 30 days. Where did you get 90 days?

Again, I will restate, your services will continue for the time guaranteed in the auction.

Sincerely,
    xxxx xxxxx
    HostRightSolutions.net
    =============================================

To which I replied...

===========my reply============================

Having already established my case in the previous email, I will not
    repeat that again here.

I do expect a full refund of $610 USD from you, back into my paypal
    account, at your earliest possible convenience.
    Plus I have also put forward the case with Paypal authorities, eBay
    management, and the general web forum community - however pending in the event of your refund. Please do not make this harder for yourself than it has to. I know, we both know, that I will NOT be moved on this, especially it is my HARD EARNED money. And we both know the plain common sense of the fact as to why my request is VERY REASONABLE.

I do not wish for the both of us to spend anymore time writing lengthy emails repeating the same issues, the same argument, the same case. As I know the rest of it shall be dealt with by the appropriate authorities in time.

So I will remind you now, that a very SIMPLE refund is all it takes to
    resolve this matter, and we can both get on with our business. Your
    promptness on attending to my request will be most most appreciated.
    ============================================

No more replies after this...

Let's just see what happens out of this... fingers crossed

tigerx9 wrote:
    Here's something I can say, but too stupid to follow it: "If something sounds too good to be true, it most probably is..." I was just plain greedy before, thinking about 500 times $20 = $15000/mth - guaranteed
    There is another saying you're forgetting: "the fool and his money are soon parted. The question is: how the heck did they get together to begin with?"

If you would kindly take a look at the auction it says, "Do you want 500 customers?" That is a pitch for the advertising. That does not guarantee that you will get 500 customers. It does not mean that you will not.
    WTF?! The title of the auction:
    500 Web Hosting Customers
    To me (and anyone else who can read english), that Clearly says that the auction is for exactly that - 500 customers - not more, not less.

Good luck with the paypal dispute, you shouldnt have any problems with it.
    Rob G.

Wow, i am actually very shocked and very glad to have found this thread. I was probably 24 hours away from buying the 500 clients from the same person, when i discovered this. Alltough i have been emailing ''hostrightsolutions'' and asking them a few questions.. as i knew there was many scams like this going around.

I asked them firstly if they have a contact number.. since they claim to have large ''headquarters'' but yet fail to have a reachable number, and their domain hostrightsolutions.net - WHOIS shows their number as 999999 etc.

Here was their reply.

As I stated to you, we do not offer a contact phone number. We
    offer email support. If we offered phone support, it would not end.
    We have hosting clients all over. Email support is the most efficient
    and effective. For this exact reason, that domain information is
    available from whois and godaddy, we did not list a telephone number.
    If we did, again, we would be swamped with support calls. In my
    opinion, there is nothing "weird" about it. I would not be able to
    efficiently and promptly return your emails if I had to deal with
    telephone calls all day and my support team was bombarded with the
    same. As you can imagine, we get quite a few emails daily and as you
    have received, we make it a must to return emails quickly.

If you have any questions, you are more than welcome to ask them and
    we can answer them quickly. Honestly, I do not understand why you are
    questioning my contact information when I have been more than prompt
    in returning your emails and accomodating you in regards to your
    payment. I am ready to start your campaign, but I cannot do so unless
    payment is made.

Then i got an email saying the following :

As I stated before, we do all of our support via email, therefore
    > there is no formal contact number. Our webpage is being rebuilt to
    > accomodate online support... it will be ready in less than a
    week....
    > hostrightsolutions.net

Well incase anybody even thinks of purchasing any clients from ebay.. i would suggest to think twice..and email the seller with questions.

Best of luck.

Originally posted by Minimalistix
    Wow, i am actually very shocked and very glad to have found this thread. I was probably 24 hours away from buying the 500 clients from the same person, when i discovered this. Alltough i have been emailing ''hostrightsolutions'' and asking them a few questions.. as i knew there was many scams like this going around...

...Well incase anybody even thinks of purchasing any clients from ebay.. i would suggest to think twice..and email the seller with questions.

Best of luck.
    Hey, am I glad too that you found this thread, and doublely glad u didn't go for the bid. Originally started it for advice (and received excellent ones too, thanks guys!)... but if it stopped one more person from being scammed, then it's really made my day. Let's hope it can stop more. I also see a coupla other ones that's gone to few hundred bucks in bidding. Pity it's private auction, as no one can warn these guys. And if anyone bidding for that is reading this, here's a tip - i'd rather get a negative feedback than a negative bank balance!

And the reply you got back is just soooo dodgy, man...

ok, i've decided to file a paypal dispute with the 3rd ebay seller and request a refund from him. i've had enough. i did initially give him a benefit of the doubt, but from what he's written back, i just ain't taking chance anymore (shouldn't have taken it in the first place!).

this is the auction:
    microdensales $250 USD
    Get your own 50 Customers / Clients for WebHosting
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7516952251

again, the auction says "Get 50 Customers", but (in emails below) he says "advertising for your host site", and mmm, no, he didn't explain this previously... plus the earliest i can see a refund is in 6 months time! that's a long time... also trying to solicit my server site info, what's up with this?... and he's trying to be upset back at me? the big "WHY", nice reverse psychology here... smarter than hostrightsolutions, but still a bad feeling... anyway, u guys know what it's about...

Here are the last set of emails with this guy, anyway, will see what happens, eh?

-------------------------- emails --------------------------------------
    (my last reply)
    I don't think I'll go for your services that you've mentioned here,
    from which the auction says that 50 customers are provided for me to sign up without me having to point my site to your server, or having to provide my server details. Plus, 6 months with no access to my funds is not good. I would like a refund, and a dispute claim will be filed with Paypal just to initiate and make the process quicker. Please understand, as I would prefer to utilise my $250 myself elsewhere. Your assistance on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

(from microdensales)
    > Actually, I've explained. We will be advertising YOUR hosting
    > company starting Aug. 1st at our fairs. You may get other
    > hosting clients before then. I will need to know your
    > nformation for your server. I don't understand WHY your
    > demanding money back if you read the auction you wouldn't
    > have to ask how we would be doing this. It was explained.
    > I'm a little frustrated when people don't take the time &
    > demand things. Also remember you won't get money back
    > until 90 days after Aug.1st.

(from me again)
    > Sent: Monday, May 30, 2005 9:01 AM
    > Subject: Re: Re: eBay Item Purchase: Get your own
    > 50 Customers / Clients for WebHosting (Item #7516952251)
    >
    >
    > >
    > > I need to know exactly how the deal works. I would like to
    > > receive an exact explanation by this Wednesday June 1st
    > > 2005 5pm (GMT +10). If no reply, or if I don't feel
    > > satisfied/confident on what you provide are what I
    > > expected from the bid, I will want to ask for a refund of
    > > $250 from you.
    > >

(from me)
    > > > How's it going there with the 50 customers? I need to
    > > > know what's happening with that. According to the
    > > > auction, you're providing me with 50 webhosting
    > > > customers, yes? Are these to be newly acquired
    > > > customers that you are aiming at getting, or are they
    > > > existing customer accounts that already being hosted
    > > > by you. Please clarify the situation, so I know what to
    > > > expect.

(initial message from microdensales)

> > > --- Xxxxxx X Xxxxxxxx <webmaster@xxxxxxxx***********> wrote:
    > > >
    > > > > Thank you for your interest in our Ebay /
    > > > > MyFreeAuctions.com products! Remember if you
    > > > > want more information on our resller plans goto
    > > > > www.myfreeauctions.com and see continuing specials.
    > > > >
    > > > > If you have already purchased from us our nameservers
    > > > > are NS1.MICROEDEN.COM & NS2.MICROEDEN.COM and
    > > > > to have your own private name servers the IP's are :
    > > > > 69.10.135.232 & 69.10.135.231 just set them up with
    > > > > your domain registrar.
    > > > > To keep the Yearly eBay price please sign up here after
    > > > > you've bid : We don't offer any trial periods & remember
    > > > > we will hopefully answer all your questions as quickly
    > > > > as possible.
    > > > >
    > > > > Thanks,
    > > > > Xxxxxx X Xxxxxxxx

and still no response from hostrightsolutions...
    Last edited by tigerx9; 05-31-2005 at 04:55 AM.

If you really want to get into reslling hosting there are many legitimate companies out there that will help you grow your business. I believe there is even a reseller host search on this forum.

There are no shortcuts. Unless you buy out someone else's legitimate business (again there are some of those for sale in the advertising sections of this forum) you arent' going to have a client base overnight.

Unless you are able to support your clients and handle customer service you arent' going to make 15K a month. Even if these bogus offers on eBay were for real being a host isn't necessarily an easy road to go and the competition is very stiff.

You have to compete with the free hosts, very low cost hosts, handle spammers, warez and other types of not so nice folks using your server space and a lot of "how do I do......" sorts of questions.

Even on the net the "overnight" success stories require a lot of knowledge, a lot of hard work and a lot of luck. The same rules for business that apply in the brick and mortar world apply on the net. Go with what you know, do your homework and beware of get rich schemes. They usually only make the seller the one who gets rich.

/me gets off soapbox now LOL
    Game control panels - control your game world your way. Server-Genie.com
    http://server-genie.com

my refund from both justinstewart and microdensales is now cleared and done.

however, hostrightsolutions still hasn't refunded the amount yet. she is now deregistered on ebay. i also found out she was operating with ebay id "giftbasketdropshipper" as well. i've been in contact with quite a few people who were scammed by her, so it's official that she's definitely a fraudster on ebay, each time registered under a different id, and then pull off these scam auctions. the other guys actually waited 90 days, but received no customers at all. they don't even have proof anything was done by the fraudster to pull traffic, and the fraudster basicly gave a whole lot of crap excuses. me and another ebayer gave her a negative feedback, but she dumped me back with a negative one as well before taking off. unbelievable, these people. well, the bunch of us is taking action about this, will keep updated...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast