Need Colocation around Maryland area

Hi everyone,
    I just had a PC fall into my lap that I want to colocate and run as a server.
    My requirments:
    • Around the Maryland (Washington D.C.) Area (but can be in Virginia or NY)
    • More than 400GB Bandwidth
    • Less than $100 per month
    • UPS/Generators
    • Will repair server or allow me to come to datacenter and repair it if hardware fails
    • Remote Reboot Port

I am a newbie to colocation and so I am wondering about a couple things.

[list=1][*]If the server fails how do I repair it? Do I have a datacenter tech do it (and I just pay for parts and labor) or do I come to the datacenter and do it?[*]What other equipment might I have to buy besides the server? I won't have to buy a switch or anything like that right?[*]How do I get a 100MBIT port? Also, should I get a new NIC for the server? The current one is onboard.[/list=1]

Thanks for answering my newbie questions . The server is a mid-tower, and I can always replace the case if I need to.

Thanks again,

I'm going to revise this a bit:
    My budget is now $70 per month (around there).
    I need more than 200GB Bandwidth
    I don't need a 100MB port

Thanks,

You don't need your own switch or any other hardware. That's a low price, but you might be able to find something. Usually it's more expensive to colocate a tower or mid-tower server due to the larger size than a standard 1U rackmount server.

Any colocation provider should let you come in and work on your hardware by appointment. They will probably offer remote hands (they could swap a failed hard drive, etc.) for $40-$100/hour. You'll probably want to ask specifically what they will or will not do and how much they will charge. They should all have UPS & generator backup.

A remote reboot port may be $10-20 extra.
    Fork Networking - 1995-2010+
    Colocation & Dedicated Hosting
    West Coast, 99.999% uptime.
    <www.forked.net>

You're going to have a hard time finding those specs for less than $100/month. You may want to consider moving your gear into a 2U rackmount case.

Just to give you an example, co-location for a mid-tower case in NYC could easily be $200/month just for the rack space alone.

As far as remote hands, $75-150/hr is fairly common for that type of work.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

Ok, where would I purchase a cheap 2U rack case?
    And what are some good companies near the Maryland area?
    Thanks for the help guys, I'm a total newbie.

I would try E-Bay for the case , As far as it goes interms of the price most places I've seen charge a fee for the co-location then something like 40-50.00 /mbit/s Some data centers will give you 24.7 access without apoitment. I went to a data center on a tour with someone that had a cage there and they had there own ID card that you swipe infront of the door and then you just sign in and swipe your card at the 2nd door and voyla you get access I didn't see any people at the data center though.
    Edrick Smith
    Film Production

Look for a provider that allows 24/7 access, has "smart hands" on staff in case you need them in an emergency. Some will also let you store spares on site. If you do this. make sure they scan and tag it so it doesn't walk off anywhere.

Also, you may want to review your bandwidth requirements. We deal with a lot of oil & gas clients transferring seismic data and will use a GIG-E circuit but not 200. Good Luck

Of course youll want to make the remote staff is actually fully trained to deal with your type of business, demands, Os, software, etc.
    Greg Landis | Founder Jaguarpc - Keeping websites happy since 1998
    Managed IT Solutions - Business hosting | Virtual Private Servers | Cloud VPS Hosting | Dedicated servers | Backup service
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | Twitter: @JaguarPC | (888)-338-5261 | sales @ jaguarpc.com