Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by JHosts
    Ive spent over $1k on ads at WHT. They are overpriced and bring little results. I would not reccomend it.
    And yet if you spent that $1k every month, you would probably see great results, over time, as your brand awareness increases.

I am just about to lock into 12mths of branding for my new venture, with some unusual promotion. I see it as a long term investment, and that will probably stretch beyond 12mths, depending on client size ect.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

I agree with all those that look at WHT advertising as a long term investment and brand related.

It must be one of the best places to advertise for branding purposes.
    Lookup your IP: snoopmyip.com
    Proxy Guide: proxyspot.com

Originally posted by AdWatcher-Eugene
    I don't quite understand what you mean, but if you're talking about what I think you're talking...any kind of publicity is or can be turned into good publicity.

Back when I used to run HostVoice, any kind of mention of it, good or bad generated new sales

I mean that what will be the impact of those critics which seems unfavorable to particular company who chooses the same vehicle as a platform for promoting their products or a service?

Whether it will turn up to a bad publicity instead of expecting favorable?

Actually I don't quite understand what you mean good or bad generated new sales?

Originally posted by etechsupport2
    I mean that what will be the impact of those critics which seems unfavorable to particular company who chooses the same vehicle as a platform for promoting their products or a service?

Whether it will turn up to a bad publicity instead of expecting favorable?

Actually I don't quite understand what you mean good or bad generated new sales?
    What I mean is that any type of publicity, good and bad usually gets sales. Of course it doesn't happen every time and it does take some effort to turn an unfavorable review into sales

Originally posted by cdgcommerce
    Out of curiosity, for those who have advertised with INET, what was the average click-through rate you obtained on your banners?
    On WHT I would say it's around 0.3-0.4%

Other websites in the network are even lower in my experience, but then again the CPM is much lower there as well.

We're seeing 0.50 - 0.85% CTR on our latest campaign.
    Mark Oberg
    Techweenies.com

(No longer affiliated with Uneedawebsite.com)

Hmm, we that of course depends on how interested people are in your product your banners, etc.

I would not recommend banner ads on WHT if you are a web host. Dedicated servers may get more interest than shared hosting, but overall, I don't think the ads are a good value for money.

As a datapoint, in 2004 we spent less than $4000 (TOTAL for the entire year) on marketing, but gained over $100,000/year in new revenue. People are the new advertising medium... make sure your customers are happy and encourage them to refer others, and you'll make thousands more than you will with banner ads.
    Erica Douglass, Founder, Simpli Hosting, Inc.
    »»» I founded Simpli Hosting, and sold it in 2007 to Silicon Valley Web Hosting after over 6 years in the business.
    Now I'm blogging at erica.biz!

look at the signature lines of the people posting in this thread.

that is advertising on WHT.

what sort of click-rates on signature links are people getting?

what sort of click-rates on signature links are people getting?
    I didn't check this in a long while, but I used to post some 10 posts per day and get some 1000 visitors per month from WHT.

Is this the kind of info you were after?

Originally posted by Simpli-Erica
    . . . As a datapoint, in 2004 we spent less than $4000 (TOTAL for the entire year) on marketing, but gained over $100,000/year in new revenue. People are the new advertising medium... make sure your customers are happy and encourage them to refer others, and you'll make thousands more than you will with banner ads.
    Great stuff!

Although, if you could use a form of customer acquisition, and then have your referral program ontop of that. So in essence, you'd be catching fish that catch fish.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Originally posted by ldcdc
    I didn't check this in a long while, but I used to post some 10 posts per day and get some 1000 visitors per month from WHT.

Is this the kind of info you were after?

yes, thanks.

Originally posted by uneedawebsit
    We're seeing 0.50 - 0.85% CTR on our latest campaign.

Actually most of the ad are missing the general appeal, I observe.

1. The image oriented appeal.

2. The subconcious oriented appeal.

3. The features oriented appeal.

4. The competitor product comparison appeal.

It needs some sort of creativity by way of generating new ideas or using old in a new way from some unsuspecting angles.

The only type of advertising that i had on WHT was a sticky thread in the Other related offers section for my forum and it was well worth it in my opinion.

Originally posted by ldcdc
    Or maybe it is simply more effective to concentrate a lot of ads on a short period, then give it a rest, only to start again later.
    This isn't a good marketing strategy.

Satisfied customers spreading the word are worth their weight in gold. And forum postings IMO are an excellent way to let your target community "get to know you". In the world of web based advertising there are few places for a potential customer to get a feel for who they are buying from other than community forums.

It can be hard to quantify what results we get from brand recognition, board postings and word of mouth, but getting 1000 visitors a month from a specific site is certainly a good indicator that board presence is worth the time!

What about affiliate programs? I've been involved on both sides of those in other web based industries and found the 80/20 rule applied - 20 percent of the affils made 80 percent of the sales. Do affil programs work in the server industry? Are the results about the same as other industries? Are they worth the effort?
    Game control panels - control your game world your way. Server-Genie.com
    http://server-genie.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12