My Christmas Present? DOUBLE RIPOFF by H2ohHosting and Quontic!!!!!

Hello! I was a recent customer with H2oh-Hosting and current customer with QUONTIC.

H2Oh-Hosting

To start off, they didn't set my account up with their "advertised" options on their reseller plan (such as Dedicated IP, Private Name Servers, etc.)

I was quite annoyed, because, them being this "premier adult webhost", you would kind of expect things to be set up correctly the first time, right? That's what I thought too.. To my suprise...

I was a little irritated, but they fixed 2/3 issues about 37 hours after writing a ticket about it, only after trying to play me over thinking that it didn't come with the account until I pointed out specifically, then I got the "Ohh.... That's an outdated document!!" But doesn't a Premier Adult Host and Regular Web Host, with enough staff to maintain a 24/7 monitoring, have enough time to edit their own documents to keep them up to date? I guess not.

Then with the dedicated IP (which was advertised within one of their Document Pages), was installed about 27 hours later after having to switch to a completely different server because of not having dedicated IP's on the current server I was on. So, well, let's just say I was quite annoyed and showed it.

Well, then we had a DNS issue, long story short, after about 2 pages of support tickets and alot of anger, we found that I forgot one crucial step and that was "registering my DNS" with my registrar. After I repeatedly apologized, even stating the fact that I had been a hard ***, well, you get the idea.

Well, soon later.. I received a message saying they will give me December free, so I thought, ok. I won't put any money in my account as I am running out of deposit slips. Low and behold, only to be charged on the date, now in the negatives, and then the bank kicks in their $50 over-draft fee.

Hmm.. I contacted H2Oh asking why I was charged, in which I was a little irrate once again, because I just lost $65. Their answer: "Well, you admitted guilt to the DNS fault (Oh, ok, that was my fault, but what about everything else? What about not setting my reseller account up right in the first place? What about stranding my customers for a week without their CPANEL?) that we are no longer liable for the (you can have december free) claim." Well, I never recieved that in an official statement or else I would have filled my bank account up.

Long story short, they soon change my WHM password, blame me for changing the password, sticking me with a $65 debt (which I am still trying to pay off), promise to refund the $14.95 for December only after a week of ticket exchange (never did refund me), illegally charged my account on that month of December, and shut my account down (which is in violation of their own TOS which I printed).

Take what you want out of that story?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quontic

Ok, those of you who are not familiar with Quontic, they are an austrailian based Host, that use an Australian credit card processor (that wouldn't accept my legitamit VISA for some reason), and their best assett of all is their "Ghost Support."

I ordered from Quontic normally through their signup form and such, printed out the results, read the TOS, everything you are suppose to do.

Well, their credit card gateway was disabled on signup, the Australian Credit card gateway didn't accept my credit card for some reason I still don't know as I bought parts with it the night before, so I was forced to use paypal.

Be noted, that they responded to every question I had within 6 hours on AIM and 12 hours on email until money exchanged hands.

Once money exchanged hands, I still haven't heard from them after 4 emails, 1 support ticket, and 6 seperate AIM messages (seeing as how the Ghost support was going off Away, and off Idle making itself able to chat "all by itself".)

They have had my money nearly 10 days now. No emails, no Instant Messages, no support response, and most of all, NO ACCOUNT!

Why? Because they have my money. That is why. They offer a 30 day money-back garuntee.. But what good is that if they don't respond to your refund request until they feel like it, if even at all?

Take what you want out of that story..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Long story short.. Don't trust Adult Web Hosts and don't trust hosts that advertise "Unadvertised Reseller Plans".

If Either of you are looking at this post. I am still waiting for your response. The Attorney General has been notified and is on my call.

And I hope you both have a Merry Christmas.. As now you have ruined my christmas, my girlfriends christmas, and my families christmas.
    Last edited by swflnetworks; 12-18-2004 at 04:41 AM.

Ouch! I'm sorry to hear about your experience with both those hosts. Thanks for letting us know about them.

I did a quick search on both the hosts and came back with no results. Next time when you pick a new host, try using the search feature on WHT to find some reviews. That'll usually increase your chances in finding a good host.

Hope this helps.

if I had a £ for everytime someone said "Do a search", lol

well its true regarding doin a search ! It happened to me a lot where i have read about a great service or something theni do a search on google , if it didnt return results or a ranked page i wouldnt trust them no matter how fancy was their design or how much they stated on their website !
    If they were good as they state on their websites , at least you should find results on them !
    POINTLeb Hosting Lebanese Hosting for the Middle East
    The fact that no one understands you , does not make you an artist
    Mo Ghaoui's Personal Blog

you missed my point... its almost the standard reply to every post on here

obviously if your gonna pay for services (hosting...whatever) you do a search, i mean most people must have done a search to get here in first place

just seems like some people on here have a post count of xxx, and most of em are 'do a search/use host quote'

tbh its boring and predictable

My Christmas Present? DOUBLE RIPOFF by H2ohHosting and Quontic!!!!!

Well the point people make here is do your research. With so many hosts out there it is really hard to know how you are going to be treated and what you will and will not receive for your money.

Good luck with your new host and read the tips on buying hosting within the webhosting tutorial guide in this forum.

Originally posted by ianedge
    you missed my point... its almost the standard reply to every post on here

obviously if your gonna pay for services (hosting...whatever) you do a search, i mean most people must have done a search to get here in first place

just seems like some people on here have a post count of xxx, and most of em are 'do a search/use host quote'

tbh its boring and predictable
    I dunno... could it be because if he did a search it would have saved him from all that hassle?!

Lets see you do a more constructive reply here. Your comment neither helped the original poster nor me.

Its quite ironic really.

I also agree.. Didn't help me much.

What is was with Quontic, was that I used a program called "HostVoice", which is also owned by inet now, just like WebHostingTalk is now.

I am still hoping that HostVoice will honor the rebate for me atleast signing up with that fraud of a company.

With H2oh-Hosting, I was recommended by a friend.

Contacted Quontic.. FINALLY AFTER 5 DAYS!

I get the billing email on day 2, but never got the welcome email..

Supposedly sending the welcome email. But he hasn't said another word for the last hour.

Waiting...... waiting... waiting.

Damn, that's quite the story...

There are always some stupid people trying to make quick money off of people.

Been over an hour, and all I see from him since the time he agreed to email me was:

AdamMatthews3246 is idle at 10:36:55 PM.
    AdamMatthews3246 is no longer idle at 10:47:27 PM.
    AdamMatthews3246 is idle at 10:48:09 PM.
    AdamMatthews3246 is no longer away at 10:57:09 PM.
    AdamMatthews3246 is away at 11:07:10 PM

So, in one hour, no email.

His response to not contacting me was that he was gone for a few days.

So, now that he is back.. I can't talk to him because he's "gone".

Well, I have finally gotten my account information, we are working together on it. So, maybe this will work out.

It's all trial and error, so let's hope there is less error and more trial.

So right now, Quontic is on my good list, and H2oh-Hosting is still on my (need's to be shut down) list.

Sad..but true. I've been on 'net for a long, long time.

I've seen them come and go...but nothing...even my stint as a unpaid consumer advocate...prepared me for "free seminar" on "how to make a living on the internet".
    These bloodsuckers extract $2-3K
    out of these typically-not internet savvy people...it blew my mind.

I knew they were bad...but I wasn't prepared for that.

Web hosting attracts more than it's fair share of...I'm going to be kind here...intelligence and/or morally challenged folks who do the quick math and try to make a quick buck...and disappear.

It's a fact. You must learn from this...and move on.

Do you not have a credit card or at least a checkcard? I do.

If you have an option to pay through paypal...that even gives you more protection. Never...ever...give out checking account info.

Even if you have damaged credit like me...get a secured card to help you build some positive credit history and..in time...you'll be able to get real credit cards again...hopefully.

Good luck.

Bryon

I dunno... could it be because if he did a search it would have saved him from all that hassle?!

Lets see you do a more constructive reply here. Your comment neither helped the original poster nor me.

Its quite ironic really.
    What 'help' are you looking for its not your thread??? Im guessing this. And saying 'do a search' is not always constructive...

As you also you said this:

I did a quick search on both the hosts and came back with no results.
    So how would that have saved him from this hassle?? Perhaps he could have asked on WHT about these hosts before he got an account with either of them

Other things Id consider doing: email support/sales, ask them for business information, look up dns details (see how long/who owns domain), find where the data centre is, how established, how flexible - can i change options, check on how well coded there site is, is it a template?, well designed?, any forums that current users comment on, ask about data protection, do they backup?, can i oversell, can i upgrade my account, cancellation policy, payment methods..... many things help decide on who to host with

If I'm new to hosting I would read sites like this for a while before jumping in and buying an account.

Perhaps the hardest lesson to learn is that quality hosting is going to cost a little more, and when something looks too good to be true - it usually is...

I am not new to hosting. As a matter of fact, I have had 3 providers that were really good, pricey, but good. Though I had to close all three of them at certain times because of financial restraint from my previous employer

The fact is, Quontic was recommended to me by HoSTVOICE, which is owned by inet (WHO OWNS THIS FORUM IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW). So, searching here would have gotten me the same result.

H2oH-Hosting was recommended by a friend who had an account there. So searching was not an option.

So, no more telling me that I should have searched, because if you read my posts, you would know the above facts by now.

Oh, god, Quontic. Hmm. Want a story?

I've been with Quontic for about six months. Always paid my bills on time and everything. About 2 months ago, I started having problems with myIP address, disallowing me from viewing my site. Quontic didn't answer my support tickets and wasn't online for support that month at all. I fixed the problem within a few weeks, and they still weren't on. Then I began having difficulties with Cpanel. I couldn't access it - It wouldn't accept my password. I knew I was putting the right one in. I finally caught him online for 20 minutes one day, and asked him why he hadn't bene on for so long. His responce was that 'He doesn't come online much anymore' - Well that's just great. Forget all of your customers, just blow them off and take the money. Anyways, I then confronted him about the Cpanel problem. He spent an entire minute or so trying to fix it, then kind of shook it off and went offline again. I haven't seen him online again since, and that was at least a month ago. I still can't access Cpanel. Fabulous host, I tell you. Never register there. Never.

I'm working on switching now.

quontic abysmall

just like to reinforce the abovementioned points about quontic ... they are the WORST (and I have used a few bad ones) web host I have ever experienced. I have on three separate occassions required information from them. The first time it took 2 weeks for any semblance of response the second three weeks. The third time I needed information on the server path to a perl mod. I never recieved a response to that one (more that six months ago now).

My local computer recently crashed catastrophically taking with it my server settings and the password file to ftp to the quontic hosted site. 4 weeks ago I sent a request for them to reset/resend it. After two weeks I got a response back saying 'for what site?' ... rather stupid as it had the sites name in the subject matter, body and contained all the server settings in the footer ... I responded immediately and waited another week. Nothing. I then sent a terse email informing quontic that we needed files off the server (its a testing site for one hosted with a more reliable server company) ... still nothing ...

if i ever get my files off that damned server I will be ensuring that I shut down the account and never use it again ...

I hope others can avoid such completely unprofessional behaviour altogether.

Re: quontic abysmall

Originally posted by brendan76
    just like to reinforce the abovementioned points about quontic ... they are the WORST (and I have used a few bad ones) web host I have ever experienced. I have on three separate occassions required information from them. The first time it took 2 weeks for any semblance of response the second three weeks. The third time I needed information on the server path to a perl mod. I never recieved a response to that one (more that six months ago now).

My local computer recently crashed catastrophically taking with it my server settings and the password file to ftp to the quontic hosted site. 4 weeks ago I sent a request for them to reset/resend it. After two weeks I got a response back saying 'for what site?' ... rather stupid as it had the sites name in the subject matter, body and contained all the server settings in the footer ... I responded immediately and waited another week. Nothing. I then sent a terse email informing quontic that we needed files off the server (its a testing site for one hosted with a more reliable server company) ... still nothing ...

if i ever get my files off that damned server I will be ensuring that I shut down the account and never use it again ...

I hope others can avoid such completely unprofessional behaviour altogether.
    Good luck getting unregistered with them. They gave me this month free because of an extended downtime on my account, but when I ask for Quontic to remove my account, he never answers, it's been 2 weeks now.