Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

School Bus Brawl

http://waterbc.wmod.llnwd.net/a115/o...ight-video.wmv

I watched the video a few times, and read an article here that describes how everything went down before the video started.

I know what the bus driver did was wrong ... by the letter of the law.

However, I feel the way that one kid purposely marched up behind the school bus driver, cursing at him, I would have physically confronted him too. Those kids were misbehaving already by refusing multiple orders by the driver, so who knows what else they were going to try. They could have jumped him, or who knows what else. He had to take control of the situation.

My initial reaction is it is a bunch of punk kids who got what was coming to them, and they'll probably listen to orders next time. Hopefully the driver - who previously had a near-perfect record - is just reassigned with a minor suspension.

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

I think it is a bit much for an adult to go off and hit a kid. The bus driver started on the right path by calling a deputy out and should have stopped at that. He should have ordered the kids off of the bus and suspended them from the privilege of riding the bus. A month of parents having to come pick up their children from school should have been enough.

The bus driver should be fired and his license suspended from being able to drive a school bus. Let him drive a passenger bus with adults, at least they can fight back.

I don't agree with The Dude on this one, the school bus driver has no right to take that kid by the throat like he did. The situation quickly got out of hand and the bus driver lost control, I'd fire him on the spot.

I'm not saying the kids are innocent but he should have waited for the deputy to show up.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed and Self-Managed hosting solutions
    Toll free: 1.888.915.4400 / Local: 1.514.316.1885 / Live chat
    Cloud VPS Hosting

I woudnt have hit him I would have just kicked him off the bus or called the cops or his parents.
    My Blog - www.Bakie.net
    My Entertainment site - www.SpudMud.com

Originally posted by Bakie
    I would have just kicked him off the bus
    Literally?

Hmm. Lol.

I very much doubt that guy will be trusted on a bus again

Typical American Kids,

"your going to jail boy"

ah i say it to anyone, IF THEY CAN ACT THE BIG ONE, THEN THEY CAN LEARN TO TAKE THE BIG ONE.

If that was my child that he grab on the thorat i will personally see him get fired...! I think he dont deserve to be on a school bus.. he dont know how to control his anger...
    www.DefyStudios.com ___Interactive Design

That's not how you physically confront someone. Especially a child. Granted that the child was in the wrong for cursing the driver and confronting him, the driver's reaction was entirely overboard and should be viewed as assault. There are better, more verbally based, ways to take control of a child. Leave the physical punishment to the parents.

I don't care if it were an adult instead of a child, you do not start the physical conflict, and you don't choke them.
    TS-Host, A Tulip Company - Hosting since 1995! - AS7219
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Bargain Dedicated Servers and High performance Dedicated!
    http://www.ts-host.com/ -@- [email protected] -@- 1-800-977-TOWN

Leave the physical punishment to the parents.
    That's just as bad...

I don't care if it were an adult instead of a child, you do not start the physical conflict, and you don't choke them.
    Indeed. It's good though that you've got cameras installed on your busses over there! We only seem to have cameras installed in minicabs over here.

Unhappy

It was obvious the driver was upset that day and this incident just made him snap l i guess.... (According to what i saw on the clip) -- I wish he hadnt of done all that though,he didnt really accomplish anything!!

Oh well

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

That driver could have physically restrained both of those kids without hitting or grabbing by the throat. And now I hear the two kids are charged with a felony, and the driver charged with a misdemeanor.

RIDICULOUS!

If those were my kids I'd be waiting for that driver at the bus stop.

Re: School Bus Brawl

Originally posted by The Dude
    http://waterbc.wmod.llnwd.net/a115/o...ight-video.wmv

I watched the video a few times, and read an article here that describes how everything went down before the video started.

I know what the bus driver did was wrong ... by the letter of the law.

However, I feel the way that one kid purposely marched up behind the school bus driver, cursing at him, I would have physically confronted him too. Those kids were misbehaving already by refusing multiple orders by the driver, so who knows what else they were going to try. They could have jumped him, or who knows what else. He had to take control of the situation.

My initial reaction is it is a bunch of punk kids who got what was coming to them, and they'll probably listen to orders next time. Hopefully the driver - who previously had a near-perfect record - is just reassigned with a minor suspension.
    Wow, you would hit or grab someone elses child because you were to stupid to see that the kids were being... KIDS. You dont put your hands on other peoples children, period. Now if it's your own child you are within your right to punish them with a spank or a different method such as grounding however I dont understand why this even need to be explained to you.

You also commented in another thread about protecting childrens names and why they have all these right. What dont you understand? They're kids, children, babies... It's like you want children to act like adults which will never happen.

This driver ****ed-up. He needs to be fired. If he's not intelligent or mature enough to handle a group of children being children then surely it's not a good idea to let him drive which requires adult thinking skills.

You mention they could of jumped him.... its this type of paranoid thinking that leads to problems within our society. They could done a lot of things, that doesnt mean you resort to violence.

There's a work crew outside my window. They could jump me. .. ..

TS-Host, A Tulip Company - Hosting since 1995! - AS7219
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Bargain Dedicated Servers and High performance Dedicated!
    http://www.ts-host.com/ -@- [email protected] -@- 1-800-977-TOWN

At last I do think he should be fired or suspended for this year (almost over) and next year of school. No matter how bad a person gets (kid or adult) you do not attack them unless they attack you first.

Though this just shows the parents are doing a bad job. If they parents would teach them to respect "higher" power like school teachers, bus drivers, ect then this would never of happen. Parents need to be parents and tell and show the kids what is right and what is wrong.

If I was the parent of this kid I would be making sure this never happens again. Though on the other hand parents can get put in jail for punishing their own kids .

The driver was totally wrong and should be fired and have charges pressed against him. the child did not hit him first which means he was totally out of line.

If you are going to have a job with kids you need to realize that they are annoying little brats sometimes and you are going to have to put up with a lot.. Does not make it right but if you can not handle the pressure you have the wrong job.

I find it odd some feel as though the driver as not totally wrong in this situation but everyone gets huffy over a 9 year old hitting and throwing scissors at teachers who ends up getting cuffed

Totally wrong the driver was here and I hope he gets fired and while a jail term *may* not happen he should spend a couple thousand hours doing some local community service so maybe he will think next time.

Also on a side note of school drivers. There is this one school driver who is one of the better school drivers in the area where I live. One of the kids was getting out of hand (and started to yell and make fun of her). So she stopped the bus and told him to get off the bus and have your parents take him to the school. He would not get off the bus so she called the police and made it so he could never right the school bus again.

As a teacher and bus driver or anyone that has to deal with kids you must deal with a lot of crap from teens. Though you can always put your power back at them. As in make them do extra homework, extra tests, kick them off the bus, ect. Or if they get real out of hand just kick them out of your class for good.

so she called the police and made it so he could never right the school bus again
    What a waste of police time

Originally posted by Bully
    What a waste of police time
    Why is it a waste of police time? She can not do anything against the boy, but to have him thrown off the bus. Maybe it would be a waste of time where you live, but I live in a small town (around 15,000 people I believe now). Not much crime or anything happens around here.

As well what you rather her do? Get up and hit the boy?

In most school districts that provide school buses, the parent usually signs a form that any action their child does to disrupt the operation of the bus could result of them losing their riding privileges. Sane thing if public transit is contracted for the school trippers in areas where there is no school buses, like in our area.

What the driver did was wrong though. Should let the LEO's handle it.
    73's, Kim
    Everything happens for a reason I make up.

LEO's? What does that stand for...

I'm sure the kids won't mess with that driver any time soon

I don't think what the driver did was right, but he had to do something.
    Web Handyman - Website and Internet Marketing Service

What the driver did was completely out of line and unwise. He should be fired.

Although, there was a thread a couple of days ago asking if you've ever completely lost it. If there ever is a time when I will completely lose it, it's when I'm in a situation similar to this. Kids like this--disrespectful, foul-mouthed, misbehaved, sneering, scowling brats--really push my buttons. These kids talk trash but hide behind their protection as kids.

Originally posted by IvialisRyan
    What the driver did was completely out of line and unwise. He should be fired.

Although, there was a thread a couple of days ago asking if you've ever completely lost it. If there ever is a time when I will completely lose it, it's when I'm in a situation similar to this. Kids like this--disrespectful, foul-mouthed, misbehaved, sneering, scowling brats--really push my buttons. These kids talk trash but hide behind their protection as kids.
    Yeah kids like this should be put in boot camp or the other camp for troubled kids (forgot the name). Or we should just make them go into the army.

Making people work in the army is a bit harsh...

I personally think that's wrong regardless of age...

With regards to the Boot Camp thing... good idea... you mean people like this http://www.channel4.com/life/microsites/B/bratcamp/ go to places like this http://www.turnaboutranch.com/

The Turn About Ranch above was shown in Channel 4 over here in the UK recently... pretty amazing the difference by the time they came out... (assuming it lasted).

At first I was going to say that he reacted accordingly, but then I watched it again. The fact that a student was cursing at him obviously triggered the response, but personally a "sit the heck down" would have most likely handled it.

The fact that one of the kids said "try me" about 3 times, followed by "you're goin to jail boy" knows that he at least shouldn't have fought back. If he knows the guy was going to jail, why complicate the situation and fight back?

Now obviously there's the whole "I'm being choked I have to respond" which is just human behavior, but following up with threats? He thinks he invincible.

Overall, I think the driver just should have yelled at the kid to sit down, and if he didn't, tell him to move out of the way while the driver called for the deputy again. If the deputy heard that a kid was threatening and using obscenities towards him, you know he would have went a little faster to get over there. At that point it's not just an "let's give everyone an example yay" it's "get over here before someone gets hurt"

Just my 2 cents.
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management Search Engine Optimization Pay Per Click Email Marketing

Originally posted by Torith
    Why is it a waste of police time? She can not do anything against the boy, but to have him thrown off the bus. Maybe it would be a waste of time where you live, but I live in a small town (around 15,000 people I believe now). Not much crime or anything happens around here.

As well what you rather her do? Get up and hit the boy?
    Try being brought up around the police where i come from.

police spend all there time trying to catch motorists, Not real criminals

My Cousin almost had his mopeb stolen the other day, because 3 lads where going around trying to steal bikes, Did the police come and try and doing something, or go looking? no

Ive been beaten up by two lads when i was younger, Did the police come and doing something? Like actually go looking for the Lads ??? No they didnt

6 months down the line, I bumped into the lads again, and both tried to beat me up again, Because i broke the other 1's nose last time and he werent happy, Yes this time the police actually came and done something, AS they robbed my bike after i had a fight with them.

Theres been many cases Where the police have been TO busy to help some one in need. But to busy catching you motorists who are speeding all the time, because its easy money for the police.

Ouch . How long does it take for police to get to you normally?

Originally posted by Bully
    Try being brought up around the police where i come from.

police spend all there time trying to catch motorists, Not real criminals

My Cousin almost had his mopeb stolen the other day, because 3 lads where going around trying to steal bikes, Did the police come and try and doing something, or go looking? no

Ive been beaten up by two lads when i was younger, Did the police come and doing something? Like actually go looking for the Lads ??? No they didnt

6 months down the line, I bumped into the lads again, and both tried to beat me up again, Because i broke the other 1's nose last time and he werent happy, Yes this time the police actually came and done something, AS they robbed my bike after i had a fight with them.

Theres been many cases Where the police have been TO busy to help some one in need. But to busy catching you motorists who are speeding all the time, because its easy money for the police.

Where are you based Bully...?

I would not touch the kid, but i would not rest untill he'd get suspended either.

Theres easier ways...wait til he's standing and shout 'Dog' then slam on the brakes
    BTi-Hosting.co.uk High quality hosting, low low prices.
    One step ahead of the competition - Today IS tomorrow.
    FraudWise.Net - Fight the fraud!

Originally posted by Philipf
    Theres easier ways...wait til he's standing and shout 'Dog' then slam on the brakes

Ahahaha!!!
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management Search Engine Optimization Pay Per Click Email Marketing

haha that is a good one!

Though I did not know school buses had seat belts on them (at least the ones here do not). If the boy refused to put a seat belt on isn't that against the law since you have to have a seat belt on in a car? If so I think there should be a fine for the boy as well I think the assult charges with the boys are good as well.

I wonder if the bus driver is going to face jail time or not?

im from Leicester

and the response time can always depend.

But itell you one place you will never be short of police, And thats when your out clubbing or barring on a fri sat or sun night, police are all over the place
    See lots of fights happen

Is that Leicester in the UK?

If so, hardly surprising. We have a burglar alarm here which is linked up to the local alarm monitoring centre and if it goes off they call the police / fire depending on what they evaluate of the situation...

Anyway... the alarm went off about 8 months ago - we couldn't get the alarm to stop... and even though the lady on the phone that was speaking to us 'asking if we're criminals ' got the right password she sent the police out to check anyway (since we couldn't switch the alarm off).

The police took 25 minutes to arrive - they said they were out straight away but they 'couldn't find us'.

When I was younger I mouthed off to the school bus driver and would not sit down and ended up getting kicked off the bus for 3 months and had to walk to school about 2 miles.. that was a very cold winter and I do not think I ever stood up on the bus again until it was to a full and complete stop like they asked

I think another problem is many parents do not punish children when they need to be because everyone is always working so many hours and they feel guilty and kids get away with way too much.

Not my parents though they bought me a few pairs of long underwear and sent me on my way.. very good lesson I learned from that experience which is don't piss off the bus driver

Ive never caughht a school bus in my life, only public busses in leicester around my area, and if you dared gob of then, You'd have the public to deal with

although it did annoy me when all the 14+ lot where smoking all the while and u go home stinking of fag's,

If that was my child the bus driver was grabbing, I'll tell the driver to go ahead and kill him.

The bus driver should be fired. The kids should be suspended from riding the bus, and be punished severely. You don't cuss at an adult, and not expect anything. They need to be taught respect. Note: This is from a kid's perspective.

I agree with corporal punishment at home, as long as it is done as punishment, not as revenge. I.e. You break a window. The parent waits 4 hours both to calm down, and let the kid think about it. Then he's spanked twice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast