Which type of phone/address book should I use?

I just went to office depot and was looking for a phone/address notebook because my old one is falling apart... but I just thought maybe I could use an online phone/address book instead and store all the info on my computer... do they have such software and which ones do you guys recommend?

Because the old fashioned paper phone/address notebooks aren't big enough... I mean for each letter of the alphabet they only have 4 pages dedicated to it which isn't nearly enough because I'm going to be collecting hundreds of business phone numbers/addresses. In the "A" section alone I'm going to have maybe 30 different numbers/addresses and I can't seem to find one with enough pages.

Let's say you are a business and are going to be doing this... would you rather store all your phone numbers/addresses alphabetically in a notebook... or online with software that will accomplish that? I can't make up my mind...

I store all my information in my Outlook 2003 and w/ plaxo so I can access it online. I also have it synced with my PDA.

Or you could go with the electronic organizers which only store meetings and contacts. I have seen those go for $10-$50 all the time in various places including Office Depot.
    Jeremy Johnstone
    Personal Blog: http://www.jeremyjohnstone.com/blog

Thanks for the suggestions.

I think I also need some kind of online organizer/planner too because let's say I sell my own line of clothes to retailers and I'm going to have a list of maybe 5O different retailers who will be ordering my products from me at random dates e.t.c... instead of jotting down all this info onto paper for each order it would probably be a better idea to have it online in some software. I'm so used to writing everything on paper, I'm not sure which software to use for these types of things. Any recommendations?

That seems like it would be a pain in the neck if you have 50 retailers (which isn't even a lot) and I had to constantly write each order down on paper... that doesn't seem very practical. Or maybe I should just use a filing system and get a filing cabinet... yeah that's it... trying to get organized

Arghh, I don't know what the best way to do it is...
    Last edited by Frosty; 05-22-2005 at 07:22 PM.

I use Outlook 2003 and have a smartphone that syncs with my computer. Outlook is a really good contact manager.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

perhaps something like www.plaxo.com ?

Thanks for the suggesstions... I tried plaxo but that's no good because it forces you to enter an email address e.t.c. and many of my contacts won't have an email address.

I'll just download a few different things and hopefully find what I'm looking for and make up my mind how I want it.