"Hosting Software and Control Panels" suggestion

Probably been suggested before, but how about compiling a list of the commonly used software? It would be a nice reference point for users, and cut down on people "compiling" lists of control panels, et cetera.

I think this would be a good idea but might need a lot of work to keep it updated, theres that many smaller software scripts and that many that go out of date and stop getting updated.
    John Diver
    CanaryHotspot.com - Canary Island forum and information
    InternationalChatForum.com - International Travel Chat Forum and information

True. The best bet would be to have a main post listing the "biggies" and let people reply with smaller ones.

If some people send me a email, I will do it. I need suggestions for what to put up. I know the "Big ones(cPane, HSphere, Ensim, Helm, Plesk) will go up there, along with the billing softwares and helpdesks I know of(Modernbill, ClientExec, WHMAP, Kayako, Cerberus, PerlDesk) but if I missed anything, let me know.

And if someone formats it for me, bonus points for you.
    Dan Sheppard ~ Freelance whatever

I think a sticky with "The best hosting contorl panel" and a huge never-ending poll would be fun
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com