Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Game Server Control Panels

You have got things like cpanel, plesk and DirectAdmin for webhosting, but I can't find anything like that for game servers.

I have seen that cpanel plugin that you can get, but it currently does not support halo games.

Does anyone know about any projects currently underdevelopment and currently on the market that do what I want them to do!?

I just need a way for clients to choose what game is currently on their server and things like that. Nothing too fancy.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

-Punkstar
      0 Not allowed!

There are several around try a seach for gaming control panel on these forums

one up and coming panel is www.game-panel.com
      0 Not allowed!

There are several available on the market.
    http://www.game-cp.com
    http://www.gamepanel.com
    http://www.iguanaactive.com/
    to name a few.
    You can also code a CP yourself or Install Webmin and create a custom module for what you want to do.

You can also check out http://insomnia365.com/ they are a division of The Planet and they use a custom Panel called Cortex.
      0 Not allowed!

It's www.gamecp.com there is also a new one at www.gameservercontrolpanel.com - its not too bad.
      0 Not allowed!

sorry, I tried www.game-cp.com and it worked. . .but after looking you are right it points me to http://www.gamecp.com
      0 Not allowed!

Gamecp.com is slow and clumsy -

the best IMHO is Kronos-cp.com but its very expensive
    ServGrid - www.servgrid.com - Affordable and Reliable SSD Cloud Solutions
    Premium 10G Network, 2(N+1) Powerplant and SSD Performance
    Web, Reseller, KVM VPS, Storage and Private Cloud Hosting
    Click here to see our SSD Benchmarks!
      0 Not allowed!

just a bit :-| $50 for 10 clients, modernbill is cheaper than that :|
      0 Not allowed!

game-cp.com has a nasty little error with their ordering script, multiplies the price by ten
      0 Not allowed!

I recommend TCAdmin. Been using it for roughly 4 months now, with about 700 servers on it, we have no complaints.

It has a much better feature set than any other control panel listed above.

www.tcadmin.com
      0 Not allowed!

tcadmin is windows only...ew
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by The Broadband Man
    tcadmin is windows only...ew
    Depends what game you're trying to host. The steam server runs *best* on windows. The linux port isn't so hot.
    "The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." - Albert Einstein
      0 Not allowed!

I personally think the linux version is more stable. Try them both and you'll see.
      0 Not allowed!

Linux HLDS and SRCDS is much more stable than Windows ... sorry
      0 Not allowed!

Wrong. hlds & srcds are both optimized for windows. Of course, if you are using an opteron, a 64-bit linux will probably beat out a 32 windows.
      0 Not allowed!

Do not choose IguanaActive.

The software is buggy, support is non-existant, and I believe Luke Chavers is no longer managing it.

The most annoying part of IA, is that when you login into their websites, there are about 9 or 10 broken links that say "This page is coming soon".
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Mustard010
    Do not choose IguanaActive.

The software is buggy, support is non-existant, and I believe Luke Chavers is no longer managing it.

The most annoying part of IA, is that when you login into their websites, there are about 9 or 10 broken links that say "This page is coming soon".
    We have used Iguana for 2+ years and never had an issue with it. Granted our version was very custom which may have made the difference..

But.. We recently dropped the software for the simple reason Luke indeed does not support it anymore.. It has fallen on IlanGame to do all the support.... The last thing I want is an unstable company running anything my business has to rely on..
      0 Not allowed!

Aea, what 'order form' do you see that on? News to me.

As far as gamecp being slow it takes most 4.5 seconds to list 25 servers with stats and full control options, doesnt sound to slow to me, thats the slowest part of the program, adding a new user takes about 5 seconds with our packages as well, nobody else does that.
      0 Not allowed!

My friend used GameCP on about 10 servers - spent more time debugging the thing than actually using it
      0 Not allowed!

Anyone know which GCP has the best Ventrilo and Teamspeak server support? Would have to allow TS/Vent server setup per client as it's own product and as much control as possible.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by sshepherd
    Anyone know which GCP has the best Ventrilo and Teamspeak server support? Would have to allow TS/Vent server setup per client as it's own product and as much control as possible.
    Do you mean being a reseller of voice servers?
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, it would be for reselling TS and Vent services.

I have had some initial coding done just to automate creation of Vent server setup, and TS server setup (using the MySQL version), and it's starting to look like finding a pre-made solution with built-in billing support may be a better option.
      0 Not allowed!

Do you have a ventrilo license Sean?
      0 Not allowed!

hmm. If I understand you correctly you are looking to resell ventrilo and TS but require the company to support you and your clients?

There are plenty of folks that are licensed to resell the servers but I'm not sure how many will offer what you are looking for..

Do you have a ventrilo license Sean?
    I would assume not since he needs to resell.
      0 Not allowed!

My first name is Scott. Unless you were referring to someone else.

I'm looking to expand my hosting services to Ventrilo and Teamspeak, I've already discussed it with them via email in '04 but they weren't offering licenses at the time so I held off pursuing it any further, same with Teamspeak as I wanted to offer both at the same time.

I'm simply asking if there's a solid game control panel that can be purchased/licensed that offers features good enough to offer stand alone Ventrilo or Teamspeak hosting services?

Seems like most of the control panels only offer one or the other, or don't have integrated billing, or don't offer what I'd consider full control that a client would like to have with ventrilo or teamspeak.

I'll be selling the service directly, hosting on my servers, bandwidth, and handling CC processing.
    Last edited by sshepherd; 05-23-2005 at 06:27 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

There is no way you will be able to use someone else's license to host voice servers on your machines. Either you resell the voice servers off someone else's equipment or you have to get your own licenses.. Both Ventrilo and TS are very strict about this..
    Last edited by Defcon|Rich; 05-23-2005 at 06:29 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by X-Gaming
    There is no way you will be able to use someone else's license to host on your machines. Either you resell the voice servers off someone else's equipment or you have to get your own licenses.. Both Ventrilo and TS are very strict about this..
    I'm well aware of their licensing requirements which I meet fully for incorporation, equipment, services, support, etc. Even their fee's were rather small, around $150/mo min I believe for Ventrilo, and about the same for TS.

I'm just looking for a control panel recommendation if there is even one that meets my requirements.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by sshepherd
    I'm well aware of their licensing requirements which I meet fully for incorporation, equipment, services, support, etc. Even their fee's were rather small, around $150/mo min I believe for Ventrilo, and about the same for TS.

I'm just looking for a control panel recommendation if there is even one that meets my requirements.

Your not hearing what I'm saying sshepherd..

Unless you are a licensed hoster you will have to use whatever the reseller has to offer. There is no possiblilty of you hosting the apps on your hardware which means you will not be able to use your own CP..
      0 Not allowed!

Sshepherd, meeting the requirements does not mean you will get the license. I know many companies that meet the requirements that have been turned down. It seems that they have some sort of agremeent with some companies. Anyway, don't waste your time writing your own panel without a license. Get the license then write your panel // buy your panel
      0 Not allowed!

Yeah, speaking previously with Ventrilo that seemed odd they'd turn away licensee's so abruptly like they did during '04, TeamSpeak's staff being much more professional during the process while they implemented their licensing system. Anyway, I'm waiting to hear back from them again as I only resubmitted an application last week.

Kronos is simply too expensive for use to strictly sell Vent/TS hosting, but I'll take a better look a gamecp. Probably will be best to just custom code it, but I figured it was worth a try to find an existing control panel/system to do the job.
    Last edited by sshepherd; 05-23-2005 at 06:57 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Honestly though, it is VERY easy to make a cpanel

I can map it out for you here quickly.

1. Database to store server IPs
    2. Create ssh rsa keys for server creation
    3. Pull info from order form to store in DB and then use php to run shell script to create folder and copy vent files over (shell script in perl or bash script to replace varaibles based on client)
      0 Not allowed!

I second the TCAdmin vote, I have used game-panel , iguana and others, tcadmin simply kills them all, support is untouchable, extremly freindly and support tickets are answered instantly, a few bugs have been found but they are always instantly patched, pricing isnt bad and works with teamspeak , vent and any gameserver.
      0 Not allowed!

BTW - I must clarify my post.

GameCP and Kronos-CP are in my opinion the 2 best panels out there. I do have issues with some of the things in it but comparatively, they work quite well
      0 Not allowed!

Never tried Game-CP but Kronos in my opinion is an over priced front end for simple rcon commands... We used it for a few days and were not impressed.. Trust me I REALLY wanted to like it especially after spending a few hundred $$....

It's actually amusing to hear you like Kronos but not Iguana Eric..

Especially since Barry and his side kick stole the source code for Iguana and basically reskinned and made an interface for it.. It's not really a secret what they did...
      0 Not allowed!

I would also contact sw-soft.com directly since I know that they are looking to develop new game server platforms. I think that for a game like doom or halo or other popular title they will work with you.
      0 Not allowed!

Huh? I've never used iguana ....
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by The Broadband Man
    Huh? I've never used iguana ....

oops.. Sorry.. I thought you were the one that said "Stay away from Iguana"

Carry on
      0 Not allowed!

I just said Kronos and GameCP are fine

Iguana is fine but I don't like it for 2 reasons

1) Windows only
    2) ILAN
      0 Not allowed!

Plesk does sound like what you're after. In version 7.5 they added an API to add game modules. They provide a counter-strike module as a starter, but you can add your own. I do not know how easy it is to do this, but it is open so someone may be able to help you if you find it difficult.

From sw-soft's website:

One of the fast-growing parts of the market is Game Servers Hosting. Using Plesk Module API, you can run virtually any game on your current Plesk server. As an example, we have included in our distribution the famous Counter-Strike Game Server. Now you do not have to manually edit configuration files of your games. Just use our GUI to set up, configure and monitor your favorite multiplayer game.
      0 Not allowed!

I've been using Plesk since 7.x and recieved the update with the game server module some time ago however I've never actually seen them or the community embrace it. Looks interesting but I hope they put a lot more effort into that.
      0 Not allowed!

Interesting.

cPanel has one also.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast