View Poll Results: How hours you use to watch your e-business on daily basis?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • We are watching our business 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.

    10 22.73%
  • I usually sit in front of my PC more than 12 hours every day.

    12 27.27%
  • I usually sit in front of my PC in between 10 to 12 hours every day.

    6 13.64%
  • I usually sit in front of my PC in between 8 to 10 hours every day.

    6 13.64%
  • I usually sit in front of my PC in between 6 to 8 hours every day.

    2 4.55%
  • I usually sit in front of my PC in between 4 to 6 hours every day.

    4 9.09%
  • I usually sit in front of my PC in between 2 to 4 hours every day.

    2 4.55%
  • I usually sit in front of my PC in between 1 to 2 hours every day.

    1 2.27%
  • I usually sit in front of my PC in less than 1 hour every day.

    1 2.27%
  • I only login my PC once every 2 days.

    0 0%
  • I only login my PC once every 3 days.

    0 0%
Results 1 to 26 of 26
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,474

    How Many Hours You Are Watching Your E-Business Activities On Daily Basis?

    I cannot figure out why some companies cannot reply
    my emails in 48 hours?
    Are they really busy? Or do they login their PCs every day?
    Are they serious about their customer support?

    Therefore, I would like to take a survey to see how many
    hours you guys normally sit in front of your monitors to watch your e-business activities on daily basis.

    E-business activities are something like:
    (1) Updating web site
    (2) Answering emails
    (3) Checking your visitors from web counter
    (4) Checking orders
    (5) Visiting your e-business related sites, like forums
    .. and so on….

    Thank you for your input

  2. #2
    12-16 hours a day from Mon / Saturday and on Sunday its like 10-12 hours.
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Dedicated Servers • Domain Names
    Custom Web Development • Mobile Application Development • SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    391

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Castle Pines, CO
    Posts
    7,189
    We have support people to watch over certain aspects of the company - but personally I am usually watching emails from about 5a-9p for the most part.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    S.E.Asia
    Posts
    40
    About 10 hours M-S and Sunday about 3 hours.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,474
    Thank you for voting.

    I voted 10 - 12 hours.
    About 10 hours from Monday to Saturday,
    and about 5 to 6 hours on Sunday.

    So far from the voting result, I can see all of us are watching
    our businesses longer than normal business hours (8 hours: 9am - 6pm).

    And the 2 votes from 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, I guess
    both should be running web hosting business? Credit card processing service? Or moderator from forum like here. If not, then who else will keep an eye on their monitors 24 hours per day? Any ideas? Thanks!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Castle Pines, CO
    Posts
    7,189
    Originally posted by cavalry
    And the 2 votes from 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, I guess both should be running web hosting business? Credit card processing service? Or moderator from forum like here. If not, then who else will keep an eye on their monitors 24 hours per day? Any ideas? Thanks!
    I think it depends on how large your company is and how much your care about your customers. For example, I do help run a few sites for our customers and it is like a 9-5 job but some questions come in on the weekend etc and those get answered immediately by me.

    I usually try to answer most questions if I can during the weekend just to provide the customer service. Afterall, we are in the internet age and usually we want to know the answer to our question even before we ask it.

    There are hundreds / thousands of competitors out there on the internet for most types of businesses. But the ones who tend to get more business are the ones that answer the emails / phones.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    345
    Glad I'm not the only insane one around.... I spend about 12 hours per day and 7 hours or so on weekends per day.

    Sometimes I feel depressed that I'm spending my life in front of a PC rather than out on the beach or in the park...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,474
    Originally posted by coreybryant
    I think it depends on how large your company is and how much your care about your customers. For example, I do help run a few sites for our customers and it is like a 9-5 job but some questions come in on the weekend etc and those get answered immediately by me.

    I usually try to answer most questions if I can during the weekend just to provide the customer service. Afterall, we are in the internet age and usually we want to know the answer to our question even before we ask it.
    Excellent customer service! Corey!

    Originally posted by coreybryant

    There are hundreds / thousands of competitors out there on the internet for most types of businesses. But the ones who tend to get more business are the ones that answer the emails / phones.
    Moneybookers just replied my email which I sent them last Saturday, faster than I expected!

    Thanks Corey!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,474
    Originally posted by columbus
    Glad I'm not the only insane one around.... I spend about 12 hours per day and 7 hours or so on weekends per day.
    We are on the same boat, the only different thing is you are making money , but I am not...

    Originally posted by columbus

    Sometimes I feel depressed that I'm spending my life in front of a PC rather than out on the beach or in the park...
    Me too, and lukily I am married, otherwise I might become single for the rest of my life.. Because e-business has made me no time to go after girl....

    Thanks for voting! Columbus!

  11. #11
    Our customer service is setup to answer calls/emails from 6am PST to 5pm PST during the week. We do not take calls on the weekends, but we do check our emails and respond if they are urgent. Otherwise it waits until monday morning.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    345
    I'm glad there was no internet around when I was a young lad. When I was young I would spend my time playing cricket and enjoying the outdoors.

    I'm trying to work my business into where it is as automated as possible and getting rid of labour intensive sales.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    45
    Originally posted by cavalry
    Me too, and lukily I am married, otherwise I might become single for the rest of my life.. Because e-business has made me no time to go after girl....

    Thanks for voting! Columbus!
    Oh.... I am single... HELP!!
    Sometimes no one calls at all, and sometimes everybody seeme to call at once
    Some has become a more personal then only b2b, and Iv had calls like: I cant get my computer to connect to the internet, can you come and fix it? And that has really nothing to do with my business but Iv been around ficing computers, upgrading computers, installing, having dinner etc.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    11,059
    Originally posted by Corey Bryant
    But the ones who tend to get more business are the ones that answer the emails / phones.
    Truer words were never spoken, Corey. I can't tell you how many times I respond to a pre-sales query from AussieLand at 3 AM EDT and minutes later, an order comes in. Followed by an email stating that they are blown away by the fact that they know that my time zone is middle of the night, and they still got a reply within minutes.

    Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    11,059
    And to answer your question, cavalry, well over 12 hours a day. More like 20 hours a day. Every day.

    Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,474
    Originally posted by vito
    And to answer your question, cavalry, well over 12 hours a day. More like 20 hours a day. Every day.

    Vito
    If you use CRT monitor, you'd better to get a good quality screen filter to block radiation if you do not have one yet.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    11,059
    LCD all the way.

    And thanks for the concern. Appreciated.

    Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,474
    Originally posted by vito
    LCD all the way.

    And thanks for the concern. Appreciated.

    Vito
    You are welcome!
    LCD monitor is good for us if we use computer for long hours, LCD monitor has no radiaion at all, and it saves electricity by 60% if comparing to CRT 17".

    But I am not a LCD monitor salesman..

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Woodinville Washington US
    Posts
    601
    I am on my site for about 1-2 hours a day doing work. If there are support issues to attend to or emails I dont count that in the hours spent. Those are dealt with as soon as I notice they are there

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,029
    24/7 - otherwise you cannot be in top company's

    This including:

    Tech Support
    Order Taking and Processing
    Server Monitoring

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    391

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,474
    Originally posted by steven-v
    24/7 - otherwise you cannot be in top company's

    This including:

    Tech Support
    Order Taking and Processing
    Server Monitoring
    I think there are two types of e-companies need to work 24/7:
    (1) web hosting companies
    (2) credit card processing companies - like sidorino

    Any more..?

  23. #23
    I have people watching mine all the time. Customer service is very important to me. My business is very important to me as well.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    391
    Originally posted by cavalry
    I think there are two types of e-companies need to work 24/7:
    (1) web hosting companies
    (2) credit card processing companies - like sidorino

    Any more..?
    24/7 is for online webcam XXX also

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,474
    Originally posted by Sidorino
    24/7 is for online webcam XXX also
    What is online webcam XXX?
    You mean watching adult movies via webcam?
    Do these webcam xxx companies need to work 24/7?

    Do you know any websites for webcam xxx?
    Last edited by cavalry; 07-03-2005 at 04:07 AM.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    31
    12-14 hours every day.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •