Battle of Trafalgar to be renamed “some 19th century battle”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...622627,00.html

And to think people still have the audacity to say political correctness hasn’t gone overboard?
    Although I do agree it shouldn’t be a French bashing event, it’s somewhat stupid to make no reference to either of the sides fighting, and make no reference to it being the battle of Trafalgar.

Everyone knows that it is a re-enactment of the battle of Trafalgar, and everyone knows that it was a decisive British victory. What’s the point in hiding away from it? The French know it, as do the Spanish.

By claiming it is “some 19th century battle” won’t change the facts; it won’t make France win all of a sudden.

That is absolutely ridiculous. Boo hoo, the French might be embarassed - they should be used to that by now. The Battle of Trafalgar is one of the greatest moments in Naval History and it is disgusting that PC would cause people to change the name.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

That is the dumbest thing that I have ever heard!
    My Blog - www.Bakie.net
    My Entertainment site - www.SpudMud.com

Persian Gulf Wars, for eg the current iraq war, would it be named say some desert wars in the future I wonder.....

How absolutely absurd.

I swear we must be drowning in political correctness here in Britain .

I can't believe that the Royal Navy isn't making more of this??Hmm..

You see here's the deal, the French and the Spanish [b]came, they saw, and they lost. They were sent back to where they belong as was just and in the same way that we ahve been forced to defend these islands countless times in our history as Britons.[b]

I just hope that Trafalgar Day itself isn't marred by such disgrace and problems.

You know this year is also another big anniversary here in Britain, it is the [b]400th[b] anniversary of the successful thwarting of The Gunpowder Plot. And in the present climate all the more tpoical and appropriate you might say. Do you tihink that some Catholics are going to make such a fuss or will the PC brigade deal the death blow??

Well i wouln't be surprised if there are protests to be honest.

But remember, this year there will be bonfires and good times for all across the British Isles [ well much of them anyway with the odd obvious exceptions], on both Trafalgar Day and Guy Fawkes/Bonfire Night on the 5th of November. So we should all go out and enjoy then events and not let such fools get in our way!

Critic,
    The 9 words of life quote -
    "Act with honour, seek justice, die true, remembered well."
    GO LDN 2012 ~ AIM = Critic News Info

It occurs to me how significant this is to the British.

I think the closest analogy I could think of is renaming July 4th from Independence Day to the Summer Celebration because we're afraid of offending Brits.

This is a real shame.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site