Wow look at these screenshots-cpu lag spikes and php 30 php processes

I have just installed php, mysql and apache on my server. I have used all the default settings because thats all i can do. Ever since i started my site up i have been getting problems. The cpu would just go from 0 to 100 percent then to 50 then to 30. It does this the whole time my site is up. Before i put my site up cpu ran fine at 1 percent.

I dont think i am getting hacked because i am using BlackIce server protector. I also have a pentium 4 2.8 HT so it also shouldnt be doing it.

Here is the screenshot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails spike.jpg  
    Last edited by Nokpower; 05-21-2005 at 06:03 PM.

Here is a screenshot showing about 30 php.exe processes. I dont know why its doing it but its using all the memory and cpu. I cant close them because they just keep coming back.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails php.jpg  

Just tested it now and when i turn off apache php.exe still runs about 30 processes and uses the CPU. So it cant be my website. PHP is doing something. Anybody know anything i can do? Maybe look at php.ini?

The Shadows

You have been rooted? AFK, PHP should not be running as a "SYSTEM" user when tied to apache.
    Dan Sheppard ~ Freelance whatever

Yes its running as system. Is that bad?

How do i change that?

Ok i have restarted the server and now php.exe is only open once but it keeps moving in the process list and changes cpu usage and memory usage every second.

Ok just looked and it keeps openeing itself after time so now i have about 30 open again.

What php scripts are you running on this server? One or more of them is probably hanging.