Just launched my new site: BritneySpearsWorldWide.com

Britney Spears

Just launched it a few hours ago! Feel free to give me some feedback, and if you have a few spare moments, upload some photos!

My ultimate goal is to create a network of celebrity sites all with around 20,000+ photos and pages of info! Hopefully you can take part in my success as well! Looking forward to your comments

I don't really like the top and if you are making a "network" of the sites then add some buttons on the side

Originally posted by Hostaholic
    I don't really like the top and if you are making a "network" of the sites then add some buttons on the side
    I dunno, I love the top, after going through some of the top britney sites, thats definetly one of the better headers.

I think it would be pointless to add some buttons to the site......afterall, I'm "Developing" A network of sites. Meaning the others are not live yet and are still in the works. I really don't want people clicking on buttons and they get a "Page cannot be displayed" Message if you know what I mean

didnt realize they werent made yet... just a question... why are you posting this on a hosting board, lol?

I like the site and I'm sure you will get plenty of hits as britney spears is searched for all the time on the search engines. I'd be worried about the legal aspects of the site though! I'm sure you have looked into this but that is my only concern!

The site is great!

Chez

Originally posted by ultimatehandyman
    I like the site and I'm sure you will get plenty of hits as britney spears is searched for all the time on the search engines. I'd be worried about the legal aspects of the site though! I'm sure you have looked into this but that is my only concern!

The site is great!

Chez
    Thanks for the complement!!!!

The legal stuff does make sense, haven't really thought of it though! What legal issues could arise? The images I have in my photo gallery are user submited and their pretty much plastered on every britney site, so I don't think their copywrited or anything. In the footer of my site, I do have this just incase a user submits an image that was owned exclusivly by 1 person:

"Images uploaded to this site are uploaded of their respected owners
    If you own an image and would like it removed, please contact us
    BritneySpearsWorldWide.com is not afflited with Britney Spears"

All other site images like the header image, grandients, etc were all made by hand, so those are good to go!

The goal of this site is to produce the largest user submited Britney photo gallery on the net! Their are sites that have 20-30,000 Britney Photos, but they were submited by the owners, moderators, etc. I have yet to find one that large that the users get to upload to, which is why I think this site is going to be so interesting, especially whey I get a forum up in a few months!

Hi

I'm no real expert in law but I have been sued myself this year and although it had nothing to do with webdesign or copryright I have learnt a valuable lesson!

Some Lawyers will legally milk you for every penny they can!

My Lawyer was like one of these cowboy builders that comes into your house to fix a leaking pipe and it ends up costing you 5000 and you end up with a new roof that you didn't need!

Litigation is very expensive and if you are sued by someone, then you have to defend yourself, which costs big money!

I'd look into a legal disclaimer for the site and put a link on just to be sure!

I have one on my site that a friend gave me as he is a Lawyer, this can be reached from every page-

http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/

This is a disclaimer that is off the shelf and you just fill in the blanks. It may or may not be suitable for your website!

You can copy and paste it if you like but remember to change my details to your details!

Read it and see what you think, if you think it is suitable then fine but it still might be worth getting legal advice.

I would assume that any disclaimer is better than no disclaimer!

Thanks

chez

I've taken some of your advise, I have a little statement in the footer on every page of my site, if you visit my site now, you will see a disclamer right on the main page in the center of our site that states:

All images uploaded to this site are uploaded by their respected owners or members of BritneySpearsWorldWide.com. If you own an image and would like it removed, please use our contact form and we will have it removed immediently. BritneySpearsWorldWide.com is not afflited with Britney Spears Corp in anyway and is not an official site.

BritneySpearsWorldWide.com is one of the few websites with photo galleries that the users have total control over. Users may upload and submit as many photos as they wish into as many categories as they choose. Upload your photos today by using the upload link to the left.

Excellent site!

Good luck!

Hi, I have just joined the link exchange that was on your site. Does it work?
    I have searched for your site on google by putting in www.BritneySpearsWorldWide.com and then clicking on "link to" and it returns no results!

If what the link exchange say is true then you should be returning links of over 900!

Have you had any traffic from the link exchange?

I searched a few other members of the link exchange and they never returned any results either!

the site is nice... goodluck on the site to
    www.DefyStudios.com ___Interactive Design

sorry guys only just found this post from a link in to
    Britney Spears

I took the site over on the 6th of june from rick,its a great site and i hope it will do well.
    any feedback and advice would be great,good or bad please.

regarding the link exchange,its a new site so is sandboxed in google.

here are the site links for other engines:

MSN 562 links
    Yahoo 12400 links

so yes it does work.

the site was number 2 msn for keywords britney spears last week.
    it has now slipped like all new sites do.
    but i am pulling it back up the rankings.
    i will keep you all informed with how its going.
    Last edited by greenway0208; 06-24-2005 at 06:23 PM.