Red face Have you ever just lost it?

Ok, I'm a calm and moderate kinda guy. Live and let live. Each to his own. I don't get upset too often and like to avoid conflict if and when possible.

Tonight (11:20pm) I am dropping off some DVDs at the local video shop, when I hear a thump on the side of the car. Couldn't figure out what it was. I thought I ran over something, and it flicked up underneath the car.

So I'm on the way back from the video shop, and hear another thump on the car, in the same location as the first thump. This one was more noticeable, and I noticed a couple of teenagers in the bushes, throwing lemons.

I drive for a few seconds, thinking it's best to keep driving, but then suddenly I heave the steering wheel around, and drop a burnout while turning back. Yes, it was loud and kind of impressive. I get to their spot, jump out of the car and start chasing these punks, all the time yelling at the top of my voice.

They scatter, and I'm left standing there, about 100 meters from my car, in pure rage. It felt very primal, and like I was acting soley on instinct. I'm thinking, how did I get here, what the blazes and I doing. It's like I was acting outside myself, and god help me if I caught one of them punks.

Have you ever just lost it? Acted out of character?
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

- What kind of car?...

I'm sure many can speak of at least one experience where they hit their boiling point.
    SeeksAdmin .:. Linux & Windows Server Management
    24/7 Coverage | 30 Day Guarantee | Fast Response Times
    Quality Outsourced Customer Support Services
    █ Drop Me A Line For Special Offers

They'll probably brag about being chased, which just ads to the story and makes it more "funny".

Too bad you didnt catch one

Originally posted by nS-Steven
    - What kind of car?...
    My 5 series bmw. But I would have been just as mad if I was in my Ford 1 tonne ute.

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    My 5 series bmw. But I would have been just as mad if I was in my Ford 1 tonne ute.
    Nice car

It's an old one - 1990 model, but that's not the point. These punks just pushed my buttons, and something snapped.

I would probably do the same thing, what would you have done if you grabbed one?

Originally posted by EH-Stevo
    . . . what would you have done if you grabbed one?
    Hauled him back to my car and called the cops.

Originally posted by EH-Stevo
    They'll probably brag about being chased, which just ads to the story and makes it more "funny".

Too bad you didnt catch one
    All's well that ends well. They can call it a "victory" for having outrun Bob, but Bob succeeded in making them scared enough to run.

Re: Have you ever just lost it?

I drive for a few seconds, thinking it's best to keep driving, but then suddenly I heave the steering wheel around, and drop a burnout while turning back. Yes, it was loud and kind of impressive.
    You probably scared the living .... out of them when they saw you do that...
    SeeksAdmin .:. Linux & Windows Server Management
    24/7 Coverage | 30 Day Guarantee | Fast Response Times
    Quality Outsourced Customer Support Services
    █ Drop Me A Line For Special Offers

Nice car..... kids this days.. Are Punks!! pain the A****s
    www.DefyStudios.com ___Interactive Design

You should've chased them in the car lol.
    Ampinet.co.uk - UK Webhosting - Coming Soon!
    99.99% Uptime Guarentee | Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | 24/7 Support

I have come close to losing it........

Sometimes you just cant help it,it must be done.......

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Haha. That reminds me of a story a long long time ago when the same thing happened to my friends - however the people were throwing eggs. Long story short, they got 2 out of the 5 and made them lick a bunch of the egg of the car! lol

The last time I lost it I hit the wall so hard my fist went through the sheetrock and put a dent in the vinyl siding of the house. I was pissed off at a woman (figures) and hit the wall instead of her.

Another time a friend of mine kept screwing around with me after I told him to shut up and leave me alone, I lost my temper and picked him up and slammed him through my mom's utility room door and he landed on and dented the dryer on the other side. He left me alone after that but I had to buy a new door
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Re: Have you ever just lost it?

Ok, I'm a calm and moderate kinda guy. Live and let live. Each to his own. I don't get upset too often and like to avoid conflict if and when possible.

Tonight (11:20pm) I am dropping off some DVDs at the local video shop, when I hear a thump on the side of the car. Couldn't figure out what it was. I thought I ran over something, and it flicked up underneath the car.

So I'm on the way back from the video shop, and hear another thump on the car, in the same location as the first thump. This one was more noticeable, and I noticed a couple of teenagers in the bushes, throwing lemons.

I drive for a few seconds, thinking it's best to keep driving, but then suddenly I heave the steering wheel around, and drop a burnout while turning back. Yes, it was loud and kind of impressive. I get to their spot, jump out of the car and start chasing these punks, all the time yelling at the top of my voice.

They scatter, and I'm left standing there, about 100 meters from my car, in pure rage. It felt very primal, and like I was acting soley on instinct. I'm thinking, how did I get here, what the blazes and I doing. It's like I was acting outside myself, and god help me if I caught one of them punks.

Have you ever just lost it? Acted out of character?
    Sorry mate, it was oranges not lemons...

But I would of totally reacted the way you did. I would pay to see the faces on those kids.

Yeah, I through (sp?) a T.V. through my door. haha

I've never really lost it, although I've felt like I kind of wanted to yell so loudly the entire world could hear me. I've punched the wall a couple of times, although I must admit I had enough sense to decelerate before hitting the wall.

Ask any ROSKO spammer who tried his luck on the EZZI network about my temperment and he'll testify that I am a certified lunatic.

Ask my friends, relatives, coworkers, and "good" customers, most of them they will say I'm the nicest guy they ever met.

We all have our buttons.

Originally posted by Dixiesys
    The last time I lost it I hit the wall so hard my fist went through the sheetrock and put a dent in the vinyl siding of the house. I was pissed off at a woman (figures) and hit the wall instead of her.

Another time a friend of mine kept screwing around with me after I told him to shut up and leave me alone, I lost my temper and picked him up and slammed him through my mom's utility room door and he landed on and dented the dryer on the other side. He left me alone after that but I had to buy a new door
    I wouldn't be suprised if you had to buy a new friend too
    ^_^

Aussie Bob if you think you lost it, I would never have left the car just went after them in it (it's much faster and should give them a run for their money or in this case the lemons).
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed and Self-Managed hosting solutions
    Toll free: 1.888.915.4400 / Local: 1.514.316.1885 / Live chat
    Cloud VPS Hosting

What will be the purpose of chasing them using car when they are in bushes? You expect Bob to drive his BMW off the road in bushes and woods, i will feel sorry for poor car in that situation than given it makes out in one piece without scratches/bumps or worse some accident.

The latest hole I put in the wall I was angry over some stupid man. My fist just busted straight through the drywall. Of course I always regret it afterwards because the jerk wasn't worth putting a hole in my wall which I then had to patch.

Once my entire butt went through the wall, don't ask.

Originally posted by J-P
    Aussie Bob if you think you lost it, I would never have left the car just went after them in it (it's much faster and should give them a run for their money or in this case the lemons).
    I had to get out of the car and hunt them down on foot. They were actually throwing the lemons from inside a school, and it's all fenced off, so I couldn't drive the car in there.

I had to get out of the car and hunt them down on foot. They were actually throwing the lemons from inside a school, and it's all fenced off, so I couldn't drive the car in there.
    In that case, you did well by hunting them down on foot. BTW you need to change your username to Bob the Barbarian
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed and Self-Managed hosting solutions
    Toll free: 1.888.915.4400 / Local: 1.514.316.1885 / Live chat
    Cloud VPS Hosting

Originally posted by J-P
    . . . BTW you need to change your username to Bob the Barbarian
    Yeah, it did feel very primal.

<insert loud grunting noise here>

I lost it at school when a kid hit me in the face. I grabbed him by the throat and slammed him. he was lucky I was able to regain control because he was in a terrible position to the point of where I could just keep hitting him directly in the face and he wouldn't be able to block or defend himself. now, once when the phone was off for a week I did hit the wall and put a hole through it because I was waiting for an important phone call.

Oh, I also put a hole through the door after I was shouting at my brother and my neice was alsleep, he got mad and threw a screw driver and hit me in the leg and I got mad... instead of hitting him I hit the door.

Once my entire butt went through the wall, don't ask.
    I gotta ask! please tell us the story.
    Kerry Jones

Originally posted by Frosty
    . . . Once my entire butt went through the wall, don't ask.
    Oh but we are asking.

Aussie Bob,

I thought Aussies were known for brawling?!

Let me answer your question with two facts:
    1. I'm mostly Irish.
    2. I'm a U.S. Marine

Do you think I've ever lost it?
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

Aussie Bob & Kerry Jones,

Ah oh, I really need to learn when to keep my mouth shut. Let's just say I had a rough encounter that day

I was sort of horsing around and managed to get pinned to the floor. I got vicious and wasn't able to escape completely and got catapulted into the wall butt first.

wow, it sounds like your an agressive woman when it comes to being beaten.

I wouldn't worry much, i've almost been through a couple of walls horsing around. I almost went through this one wall at the school once... they make the stuff out of flimsy sheet rock and its easy to break!

Let me answer your question with two facts:
    1. I'm mostly Irish.
    2. I'm a U.S. Marine

Do you think I've ever lost it?
    I'll send you a bottle of whiskey and piss you off. I'm betting you'll become enraged and knock my lights out.
    Last edited by Kerry Jones; 05-21-2005 at 10:27 PM.
    Kerry Jones

I just need to be put in my place

I just need to be put in my place
    What place would that be?
    Kerry Jones

Sounds to me like Bob has spent too much time on the computer lately, and not enough time working out.

Originally posted by amish_geek
    Sounds to me like Bob has spent too much time on the computer lately, and not enough time working out.
    Actually it's the other way around. I've spent too much time building my house, and not enough time on the computer.

I got a tad upset one day when I arrived home to find the estate agent had changed the locks on my apartment. As it was on the second floor the only way to gain access was through the front door. (no back door, no balconies) so I kicked the front door in. It was a very heavy door and there is no way a person could use his body and shoulder to break the door, however it is surprising how much force one can apply with ones foot when motivated.

I also got a little annoyed when my girlfriend put my belongings out side the front door and refused to open it when I arrived home, I kicked the door in then quietly left, I had to return the next day and buy a new door. Haven't seen the women since, both of these incident happened years ago, for some reason or another most people just seem instinctly to know not to push me.

The only real incident I have had involving fisticuffs was at my sisters wedding. My stepfather was outside with my Mom and when I went to see where they were I saw what look like a full on blue had developed, as I walked closer he decide to attack me, I stepped back but he came at me, I stepped back further but he came at me again and hit me in the face, this hurt me so I proceeded to lay him out. At this piont I still hadn't actually lost my temper. It was when one of the men pulling me off him, king hit me, that I started to get wild.

My wife and several other managed to get me out to my vehicle which happened to be a 30ft long, 13tft high ridgid furniture van. Luckily my brother and several other had enough sense to sneak my stepfather out a back entrance because I was sitting in the van with the motor running and I was intending to simple run over the stepfathers car when it came out onto the road. No real damage was done apart from him not being able to work for a week due to me defending myself. He never dared to upset me again.

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    Need help? just ask The Doctor
    House calls a specialty
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy ?

at the end of a 5 year relationship, i got in a massive fight with my ex boyfriend. you can imagine how nasty that got.

the night before i was set to leave the apartment (2 days before christmas), my ex went out with some of his buddies to a strip club. they got crazy drunk and were kicked out of 2 strip joints and 4 bars before he finally came home. of course, he wanted to get a rise out of me the whole time and kept calling me from the strip clubs babbling like a retard and saying very hurtful things. shortly before he came home, i'd already broken two phones and bloodied up one of my hands from punching things, and i was ready and waiting to bring down 7 levels of hell and 5 years of bottled up woman-wrath on him. luckily i cleared my head and got my anger under control before he came home. i was eyeing my samurai swords a little bit too longingly and realized i really needed to get a grip.

when he came through the door, he started laughing and giving me a blow for blow description of his sordid evening. i just completely lost it. everything within arm's reach of me was thrown at him with gale force and i was screaming like a crazy woman. after taking a rather large glass ash tray to the head, he said he was leaving to go back to his friend's house. he was obviously too drunk to drive, it was a miracle he made it home in the first place...and i'd rather endure him than live with the guilt if he drove and killed somebody. i chased him down the stairs, grabbed the rear neck of his shirt, twisted it so it was more or less choking him, and dragged him up the stairs and threw him on the bed. i told him to stay the F in the bed and shut the F up and slammed the door. he didn't make a peep for a few minutes, then he opened the door a little bit and peeked out. i threw a boot at him. then he passed out after realizing i meant business. (for the record, i have very good aim lol)

i knew he was just trying to push my buttons and i shouldn't have let him get to me...but i couldn't help it. the real kicker was he'd spent the money i saved (to get home for christmas) at the strip club. with that, my head lost all its good sense. i've never been so livid in my entire life, and i've endured some pretty trying times.

of course, about a month or two after i moved out, he was constantly calling me, weeping, begging me to come back, admitting he was stupid and this n' that. pff. not interested.
    Marion Morris
    Gravity Squared Media
    Design and Multimedia Solutions

I think I won't be going within 200metres of Marion anytime soon.

I have had a few brawls, mainly when I was younger.

One guy always used to try my temper, I bottled it up for 3 years, him constantly trying me. Then one day, I was walking home, every couple of seconds he decided to pick a small stone up and throw it just so it hit the front of my face, nothing to hurt me, but after a half hour of it I finally cracked, just as he leaned over to pick another stone up I hit him full on in the face, he didn't get up for a long time, in fact, I left him and never saw him get up, he hasn't bothered me since.

I certainly do have that side to me, but ask friends, family, clients and anybody else who knows me quite well, I am a very calm and friendly person. I like to work things out by talking through them with the other person.

Going to the gym and having a serious workout each day helps as well. I like to know that I can handle myself, and I like others to know that I can handle myself, but, I never throw my weight around unless I am confronted first.
    - Jamie Harrop