Host moves to US Servers, where do I stand ?

I have a number of websites hosted on UK Servers, with a UK hosting company.

They appear to be moving to a reseller arrangement, and have migrated the accounts (and not data yet) to andhosting.

Where do I stand with this change ?

I was not consulted (nor did I expect to be) but the response times from the US are terrible (~330ms) , and as the majority of my viewers are in the UK, I selected a UK company who had their own servers in the UK, not a reseller of US hosting.

Any suggestions as to what I can do ?

Mark

Move to another UK based host?
    Hendrick Networks - Technical, Security and Connectivity Solutions Built on T.R.U.S.T

Get in contact with your host and find out what the situation is.

Ask them if you can be kept on a UK based server becacuse of your target audience and if they won't help you out then it might be time to find another provider.

I should have been more specific, I already have a UK host waiting to go, and they host my mirror site.

I fully intend to move, just as soon as I find out what status they leave my domains in.

At the moment, there has been NO data transfer, just account set ups and DNS migration.

Mark

Hi Mark,

It seems odd that they would move to the USA when starting in the UK, normally it's the other way around.

I would just look for another provider that has servers in the UK.