How much have flash tuts helped you?

I'm wondering if any of you have noticed a significat decrease in support requests after installing flash tutorials. I'm considering purchasing them and just wanted some opinions!

well, I haven't gotten a question on anything the tutorials cover. We've had them for quite a while... so I couldn't tell you if it decreased it...
    Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs
    Powered By JAM - Professional Website Development - PHP, MySQL, JavaScript, AJAX - Projects Small & Large

I got Flash tutorials from www.DemoDemo.com and I think they are very good... However, some people do not understand that instead of the sample domain name that is used in the tutorials must be replaced by their own etc. but that is not the fault of DemoDemo. I just wished they would use something like "yourdomain.com" instead of a33.net or what they are using.

For us the logs say that they are getting quite a few hits

And It also helps when doing support, for the how do i create an e-mail account sort of questions

Flash tutorials are great for companies that can not always offer support. For the most part they help the customers out a lot and they are a great tool, depending on what kind of tutorial you have and how you use it can effect how yoyu look as a web host though.
    Phlint! Web Media [http://phlint.com]
    [email protected]

Most people, myself included, would much rather someone spoke me though something.

You could just link to the demodemo tutorials, or make your own as I tried (but they were rather tacky so I removed them).

This may also be usful

Originally posted by affordahost
    Most people, myself included, would much rather someone spoke me though something.

You could just link to the demodemo tutorials, or make your own as I tried (but they were rather tacky so I removed them).

This may also be usful
    You are kidding about linking to the demodemo tutorials right? I am not sure what part of the world you are from, but in my neck of the woods that is called "leeching" or "stealing".

My advice would be to buy the tutorials, if you decide that your company/website could benefit from them. I just ordered a series from demodemo and am already directing my clients to them. Sometimes people benefit more by seeing how to do it, rather than explaining it over the phone, etc.
    James Edmonds
    DataDork Consulting
    http://www.datadork.com

We have purchased a few series of tutorials from demodemo.com and so far we have been getting nothing but praises from our clients. Besides being very intuitive, I believe the demos also makes our site look more professional.

Besides demodemo.com, you can also purchase RoboDemo (I think now they are owned by Macromedia) and make them yourself.

Flash tutorials simply make life for customers and whole lot easier. It's also a fun way to learn and beats out reading any kind of manual. I'm not sure if it actually decreases support requests (I don't know how you can accurately measure that), but at the very least, it will help your customers.
    IceStorm.com - Top Provider of Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, and Cloud VPS Plans.
    Why IceStorm? Two Words: Proven Reliability.

Originally posted by DataDork
    You are kidding about linking to the demodemo tutorials right? I am not sure what part of the world you are from, but in my neck of the woods that is called "leeching" or "stealing".

My advice would be to buy the tutorials, if you decide that your company/website could benefit from them. I just ordered a series from demodemo and am already directing my clients to them. Sometimes people benefit more by seeing how to do it, rather than explaining it over the phone, etc.
    See here: http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/12/23/1342231

Any publically available content is up for grabs when it comes to linking.

I couldn't say including it in your webpages from a remote server is legal as there is no court ruling to date (to my knowledge).

Disclaimer: Everything written above is opinion and should not be used in any way for any purpose.

Why use robodemo when there is the same exact thing available for FREE?

http://www.debugmode.com/wink/

Neosurge Web Services since 2002
    Neosurge VPS Hosting

Our Flash tutorials are fairly popular amongst our clients. Support tickets for repetative questions have certainly dropped significantly.
    Doyle Lewis
    BuyHTTP Internet Services - In business since 2003
    Business Hosting | nginx, CloudLinux, Varnish cache, and CDP with every business account
    Shared, Reseller, Semi Dedicated, VPS, Cloud, Dedicated - We can grow with you

Another question I just thought of. Do you guys believe its better to brand your tutorials with a small/transparent logo? I see a lot of hosts doing this, however, anyone using your flash tuts is definitley going to know your website.

Just thinking out loud.

I think the reason for "branding" them is to keep people from stealing them and useing them as their own. Just my 2 cents.

Thats one reason and the other reason is to let your client know that you provided the tutorials not just lifted a generic Internet resource - That you investd in training them. Looks good and enhances loyalty to your company.

Agreed,

I recently read a good review on if flash tutorials help on WHG here: http://www.webhostgear.com/165.html

From my own experience, it really helps...

Originally posted by Neosurge
    Why use robodemo when there is the same exact thing available for FREE?

http://www.debugmode.com/wink/

Yeah, that's a nice little program. Plus I think it's fun to go home-made.

In fact, I've used that for providing family "tech support"

Hello,

There are two types of customers:
    - willing to learn and get the answers by themselves
    - ask, ask and ask whenever they have any questions

The flash tutorials are very helpful for the first type of customers.

Originally posted by AnyDemo
    Hello,

There are two types of customers:
    - willing to learn and get the answers by themselves
    - ask, ask and ask whenever they have any questions

The flash tutorials are very helpful for the first type of customers.
    flash are good for both type. the later ask, ask and ask whenever can watch the flash tutorials if their question are repeated.