looking for recommendations?

Hi All -

I've been with ipowerweb for some time => I find the hosting they provide fine, however, when something goes wrong the tech support I've received ranges variously from poor to non-existent.

Can someone recommend me a host - thats a similar price - that has good technical support when problems occur?

Cheers -
    Dy.

We are sorry to hear that, but in case you are looking for a new host at the similar prices then you will have find quiet of them. It is you to decide which one would you prefer. I am not sure about the support that you have received but they are having some really big number of clients.

You can check for the various plans and offerd under the advertisement forum. Or you can also place a quote request.

I used to be a client of HostNexus and I can only say good things about them! They have a quick support time, and in the event their support is taking some time, their forum/community is quite large and very helpful. I would have to say they are the best shared/reseller host I have dealt with to this day.

Check it out! HostNexus.Com

Originally posted by FeatureHosting
    I used to be a client of HostNexus and I can only say good things about them! They have a quick support time, and in the event their support is taking some time, their forum/community is quite large and very helpful. I would have to say they are the best shared/reseller host I have dealt with to this day.

Check it out! HostNexus.Com
    Ahhhh shucks. Now you got us blushing!

Thanks FeatureHosting!

- HN Mike
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog

Can someone recommend me a host - thats a similar price - that has good technical support when problems occur?
    You need to do a lot of research. Low cost hosting usually means that some corners are cut here and there.

Try to make yourself a list of hosts using various sources (the offers subforum, www.hostvoice.com , www.findmyhosting.com/advancedsearch.asp) and then do some searches for reviews written by customers on each host: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php?s=

Also send hosts presales questions. Remember that the cheaper the host, the higher the risk, so the more research you should do before signing up.

The more effort you put into this shopping process, the higher your chances of finding the right host for you.

Good luck!

A host with a similar state of qulaity would most likely not be in the same price range, Not saying it would be more expensive or much cheaper but lets just say it would be different. If you go to a smaller hosting company then maybe you could get almost the exact same services with different support options of course, and the control panel would vary depending on which host you go to. Keep your eyes out if you know exactly what you want, there are so many hosting companies out there that you are bound to find a good one that you like.

Originally posted by phlint
    A host with a similar state of qulaity would most likely not be in the same price range, Not saying it would be more expensive or much cheaper but lets just say it would be different. If you go to a smaller hosting company then maybe you could get almost the exact same services with different support options of course, and the control panel would vary depending on which host you go to. Keep your eyes out if you know exactly what you want, there are so many hosting companies out there that you are bound to find a good one that you like.
    good point i see alote of people targeting big companys that dont give the customer support the small ones do

Hi Guys -

Thanks very much - will try and get some research done. I've found it difficult to communicate with my current webhost (in US) as they are not open when I'm generally awake .

Email support to me in this instance has been particularly poor.

Thanks for all your recommendations, I appreciate it.
    Dave.

Have a look at the current offers section, you may see something you like there, Then research them on the forums.
    Good Day

I use both Site5 and Lunarpages and am very happy with their support. There are others that if you search around have similar satisfied customers.
    Rich
    Husband, Father, Retired Marine, Geek

Hey there,

As some other people have mentioned, some of the smaller companies may be able to offer the support you need.

The bigger companies have hundreds of customers with incoming tickets while the smaller companies are able to take the time to help you with your problems because they naturally have less incoming tickets from clients.

Let us know who you choose!
    Webair Internet Development Inc.
    Shared Hosting • Managed Dedicated Servers • SEO
    1.866.WEBAIR.1 • www.webair.com • 24/7/365 Support • Adult Friendly
    My comments do not reflect the views of the company or its management.