Question Limited mySQL Management

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to let a couple of my friends use one of my mySQL databases, but do not want them to see each other's tables, while still giving them the option to be able to modify content. Is there a PHP-Base mySQL Administration interface that would limit a user to specified table prefixes?

I need this cause I can't set up several different mySQL users.

Thanks.

You can probably hack phpMyAdmin to only show some tables, but it would be VERY difficult to block queries from interacting with those tables, so it would be superficial security. There are several ways you can handle this, if you have root access to mysql, but it doesn't sound like you do.
    Game Servers are the next hot market!
    Slim margins, heavy support, fickle customers, and moronic suppliers!
    Start your own today!

Originally posted by hiryuu
    You can probably hack phpMyAdmin to only show some tables, but it would be VERY difficult to block queries from interacting with those tables, so it would be superficial security. There are several ways you can handle this, if you have root access to mysql, but it doesn't sound like you do.
    No, I do not have root access, and this is only temporary. The users of the database are fairly new to mySQL so I don't think they will have enough knowledge to get around the system.

Is there a tutorial on how to hack phpMyAdmin to accomplish this?

Thanks again.

Arrow

Any ideas?