* Yet another dummy question

When you register a domain and the registrars asks you about the dns of your hosting company, do you have to do anything else about nameservers?
    I have just registered the domain for my Dad's company in Godaddy and during the sign up they ask for the nameservers. I have provided the ones my hosting company gave to me.

Is anything else necessary? Or is the domain already "ready" to use them in my hosting account?

Hi,

Depending upon your registrar it may take upto 24-72 hrs for changes to take effect.
    + Sukha
    + Shared Hosting - 99.9% Uptime Guaranteed
    + 24x7x365 Technical Support - Cheap, Reliable and Affordable Hosting Plans
    + http://www.hostingconcept.net

Also provided your host has everything ready to go... but usually that's all set.

Just start going to your website in 6-12 hours and see if it brings anything up.
    Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs
    Powered By JAM - Professional Website Development - PHP, MySQL, JavaScript, AJAX - Projects Small & Large

mostly 24-48 hours

I've had domains propogate in 15 minutes after registration... but we only deal with enom, and this was a .com. Your TLD will also effect how quickly it starts working.
    Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs
    Powered By JAM - Professional Website Development - PHP, MySQL, JavaScript, AJAX - Projects Small & Large

Yes Jacob,

Enom domain propogation is Fast.
    + Sukha
    + Shared Hosting - 99.9% Uptime Guaranteed
    + 24x7x365 Technical Support - Cheap, Reliable and Affordable Hosting Plans
    + http://www.hostingconcept.net

Originally posted by hostingconcept
    Yes Jacob,

Enom domain propogation is Fast.
    co.uk's take forever, but they're not a realtime tld... ugh. I had a client going nuts as it did take about 30 hours to propogate.