Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vizaweb rant - any advice please??

Here is my story. I run a White Stripes based fan site, whitestripes.net. I moved to Vizaweb almost 2 months ago now. When I moved, I combined my messageboard as well as my website. Apparently, I was bringing their servers down as I was using a shared hosting plan. Per their request I upgraded to the semi dedicated plan. OK, problem solved I thought. I had enough credit that it transferred into 2 months worth of hosting on the semi dedicated plan. Now, last night.. if you go to my site, whitestripes.net, you get the message you see. I rely on google adsense for help with my hosting costs.. so any downtime means I am losing money.

This is what is ticking me off.. I do not see any reason why they would suspend my account, none at all. If they were going to suspend my account, they should have the decency to email me and let me know why. So, last night I emailed them 3 times between the hours of 6PM (when it went down) to midnight. NO response. I called a left a message on their answering machine. No response. OK so I figured I would sleep on it, come in the morning and I would have a email response. Well, I thought wrong. They have almost had 24 hours to let me know whats going on with my website.. but they have not responded to any of my emails. I sent 2 more this morning with no luck. I am so fed up to be quite honest.. I can't believe they can treat paying customers this way. They have been given ample time to respond back to my inquiries.

How can I get these people to respond to me?!

Anyone ever have any problems with Vizaweb? Good or bad experiences??

Any advice?! uhg!

A very unhappy Vizaweb customer...

King,

Not sure what you can do other than leave, if they will not respond. Never saw a company place a "Suspended" page up like that either. Not how I would do business.

Keep us up to date as to what happens!

- HN Mike
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog

Mike,

That is actually the default cpanel suspended page - how exactly would you go about suspending a site?

KingSnake,

Not much you can do if they're nonresponsive other than look for alternates.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

WEll I guess I can switch but my issues now are cost related.

I moved my messageboard over to Vizaweb and I paid 100 dollars for Invisionboard to help me with the move. I would hate to leave again and have to have it moved.

Also, I just hope if I do move if I can get at least some of my money back. This is just ridiculous. Do you think I will be able to get some of my money back?

Uhg.. just so fed up. I hate being ignored ya know!?

KingSnake,

I'm well aware of how it feels, sadly that doesn't stop companies from continuing to ignore their paying clients.

Sad. You should have no trouble finding a host who is more than willing to help you move your invisionboard for you free of charge, without any intervention from the IB developers.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Listen to this guys...

Its been over 24 hours now, Vizaweb has offered no explanation as to why they suspended my account. I have sent almost 10 emails from 6 PM last night until tonight.. and still not one response. Well I sent an anonymous email tonight from a different address, asking a general question about their service, pretending to be a prospective new customer. Guess what.. they responded within an hour or so. Can you believe this?! I am a paying customer.. I have 2 months of hosting left and I do not get one response tell me whats going on with my account.

Well.. I figured I would get on my CPanel tonight and download a backup of my site because it holds my my messageboard (I have my site backuped up on my PC but not my messageboard). My messageboard contains 600,000 posts dating back to 3 years ago. It is a great community of people with lots and lots of great posts. There is so much stuff in ther eI cannot lose. The lead singer of the band I run the website on logged on a while back and did a question and answer session for the fans.. I cant lose that. So I tried to log onto Cpanel.. and tonight, it will not let me in. I cannot even get on to get a backup copy of my site to move it to another host. Again I have a copy on my hard drive but the main thing I need is the messageboard .. I cannot start from scratch. I should not have to! I have done nothing wrong here?! Sorry folks, but you have no idea how sick to my stomach I am right now, this is not fair to me. I do not deserve this. It would be one thing if I was doing something wrong but I am paid up and have done nothing wrong, zero, to deserve this.

Oh man... I don't know what to do. I cannot believe a legitimate company can treat a paying customer this way.

Hell I have sent them 10 emails but I have been cordial in eac and every one of them....

I am just baffled... stunned etc..

KingSnake,

Try responding to that sames sales e-mail and notify them that you are in fact interested in the details concerning your account.

If you haven't already:

VizaWeb Inc
    Rick Mueller ([email protected])
    6380 Tahoe Rd
    Woodbury
    MN,55125
    US
    Tel. +1.6512043910
    Fax. +1.6512043914
    David

David

Thanks for the response.. but to be honest man, I have sent emails to all emails publically known.. domans, admin, billing, support, customersupport all @vizaweb.com. Not one single reply back. It is seriously like they are just ignoring me. Ya know, IF I did something wrong that got my account suspended, they should at least email and let me know?! But I swear on everything.. I did not wrong. I have never had ANY problems with a host like I amhaving with Viza web... I am going to be very dissapointed if I lose my messageboard. 3 years worth of posts and information down the tubes.. and for what? I can't believe a host can treat their customer THIS bad.. this isnt just some minor issue, they are playing God with me in a way. I cant be to rude to them or maybe I will lose my messageboard forever.. I cant be to nice to them because of the way they are treating me... I can't get them to respond back to my emails.. etc. I mean I did not sign up with them for them to basically take my money.. and now my messageboard and run. How is that fair.. there has to be something I can do.

My website is very popular, and a lot of people rely on it everyday.

I am just so ticked off.. confused, etc. This is not a fun feeling and I am not sure what else to do...

Brian

Brian,

The reason I included the previous message wasn't for the e-mail address - but the phone number.

Give it a shot tomorrow morning and see what you get.
    David

Oh.. haha thank you, seriously.. I appreciate it. But trust me, I have tried everything out there. That number included. That number is the number on their website.

I am at my wits end.. why would a company do this. Why wont they at least let me on to download a backup of my site and move on my merry way. I have worked so hard on my site and messageboard and if I cant get my messageboard back .. because of them essentially..I am going to go nuts. I mean, hell what can I do, I am here they are there, they are avoiding me. I am just so baffled by this whole situation its not even funny..

I really don't know what else to do...

Yeah, they can easily just pretend to have not noticed the e-mails, or make up some excuse, and while it's just as easy to reroute you through the phone system, hopefully you'll get better results if you talk to somebody, maybe they can have some sympathy.

Brian,

At this point then, I would start concentrating on getting your data from them. Keep emailing AND calling them, asking for it. Also, Since David was good enough to provide you with thier address, I would send them a certified letter, asking for the same. Make sure they have to sign for it.

Keep us up to date!

- HN Mike
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD

Originally posted by HP-David
    Mike,

That is actually the default cpanel suspended page - how exactly would you go about suspending a site?

KingSnake,

Not much you can do if they're nonresponsive other than look for alternates.
    David,

First, we notify the client of course! I feel so bad for Brian. We never would place a page like that up. Creates what could be an embarassing situation for our client. We simply turn the account 'off', and allow a 404 page to come up instead of the site.

- HN Mike
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD

Originally posted by slink3r
    Yeah, they can easily just pretend to have not noticed the e-mails, or make up some excuse, and while it's just as easy to reroute you through the phone system, hopefully you'll get better results if you talk to somebody, maybe they can have some sympathy.
    No one to talk to, trust me. Everytime i call it states there is a high call volume and please leave a message and we will get back to you "quickly".

Sorry to keep ranting about this but I am really just super stunned something like this could happen. I have had this website since 2002, and was using HostRocket for my website and Invision hosting for my Invision Board and never had any kind of problems like this.

I can shoot my self in the foot for making the switch to Vizaweb..

Hello,

It is very sad to see this is happening in this business. IF you are not doing anything wrong, the least they could do is to let you know what is the reason and the logic behind this.

In anyway you have a complete right to get at least a full backup file send to you containing the back up of your database.

If you have a lawyer,I do recommend that you get in touch with her/him and send them your request by certified mail and federal express at the same time.

You are doing something good to the people by posting here about your case, maybe you will get their response in this post.

Also,I have an idea, why not send them an email containing the url for this page asking them to reply their side of the story here.

Wish you the best,
    allvaluewebhosting.com - High Quality and affordable Web Hosting Solutions.
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting and much more...

Originally posted by HostNexus Mike
    David,

First, we notify the client of course! I feel so bad for Brian. We never would place a page like that up. Creates what could be an embarassing situation for our client. We simply turn the account 'off', and allow a 404 page to come up instead of the site.

- HN Mike
    David, you are oh so correct. I get a lot of traffic and by looking at that some will simply think I am not paying the bills when that is not the case. I paid them 65 bucks for a 6 month shared hosting plan, they came back and said I needed to either move to semi dedicated or I would have to find another host because I was slowing down their shared server. (I was on the shared plan for a little less than amonth). I said fine. This was on the 17th of this month I told them to upgrade me. They said the money that I paid was just credited to my account and it gave me about 2 months worth of semi dedicated hosting. I figured good.. that at least gives me 2 months to figure out if I want to stay here or find another host. Well, last night around 6 PM my site went dark.. and not a peep out of Vizaweb.

Its crazy though I researched this company. found some pretty good things about them on the internet and Leo Laporte of leoville.com and formerly of TechTV's the Screen Savers raves about them and they are even a sponser on his KFI radio show. I figured "How could I go wrong??".

So who knows what is going to happen.. hopefully this turns out for the best.. but I am not so sure of that. I am going to be highly dissapointed if 3 years worth of a messageboard is gone... for no reason at all.

Originally posted by allvaluehosting
    Hello,

It is very sad to see this is happening in this business. IF you are not doing anything wrong, the least they could do is to let you know what is the reason and the logic behind this.

In anyway you have a complete right to get at least a full backup file send to you containing the back up of your database.

If you have a lawyer,I do recommend that you get in touch with her/him and send them your request by certified mail and federal express at the same time.

You are doing something good to the people by posting here about your case, maybe you will get their response in this post.

Also,I have an idea, why not send them an email containing the url for this page asking them to reply their side of the story here.

Wish you the best,
    I would love to point out the fact that I am posting about my situation here to them.. but this is the dilemma I am in. They seem to be in the drivers seat here.. what happens if I just piss them off? I know, they are turning this into a nightmare for me, its like they are holding a good majority of my hard work over a toilet and threatning to flush it down the drain. Why? It seems to me just because they can.

I would hate to pay the costs of lawyers fees and all for something like this.. but I guess who knows. Its just a shame I am even here talking about this.. I have no idea why my site just cant be sitting up there live right now.. instead I have to worry about how I am going to get a copy of my messageboard from them.. as well as just completely shocked a company I invested money in can turn around and treat paying customers this way.

If I did something wrong I would admit it, but there is nothing I have done to justify this.. any normal company would at leave tell me the reasoning behind their actions..

Uhg!!!

KingSnake,

I understand completely where your coming from, for I have been a customer of VizaWeb for almost a year and a half. Here's my story:

Feb. 2004
    I started with them on the shared-plan, everything was fine no problems. After a few months my site traffic grew to a point where VizaWeb told me that I would have to move to the Semi-Dedicated plan ($30/month) because I was using all the resources on the shared plan. Soon I started having problems with site being down with no warning and very, very sluggish performance.

Aug. 2004
    After a few months on the Semi plan I needed to purchase more space, well, the only thing they could offer was another Semi account and combine the 2, ($60/month). I thought this should be okay with everything being combined, I was wrong. Problems increased along with my traffic, this time it was email account issues, site outages, lags in customer service/support. This was up and down for months at a time. It got to the point where I wasn't sure if someone sent me an email whether I recieved it or not. I had to check my site constantly during the day to see if it was up or not.

Feb. 2005
    Towards the end of the month, my site went down for a few days. I emailed VizaWeb to see what the problem was, they responded saying:

"Your site importfx.net is over taxing the resources on its server. You will have to move to our next highest solution. A Dedicated server. We have a deal on one. its 129.00 a month. You get 1000 gigs of bandwidth. 20 Gigs of Space. And you can host as many sites as you want. Otherwise your Current site will have to be moved or shut down.

Thank you,
    VizaWeb Inc."

Not less than a week of being on the dedicated plan I was already having problems. To this day, still the same problems, site outages, sluggish or no response on support emails, emails dissapearing. In fact as of since yesterday evening, 5/20/2005 around 7:30pm EST my site is down with no response to emails to support. I'm am getting fed up with dealing with this company.

Well I can't believe they choose to run their company this way.

I was able to log into my control panel through the temporary address they gave me when I 1st signed up. So I was able to download my website. But it appears its a few days off where I left off.. not sure why.

But I do not know what they are trying to accomplish by taking my money, turning my site off and then ignoring my emails. Well it's good that I am not the only one having problems with this ridiculous company.

Have you ever gotten ahold of them via the telephone?

By phone, ony once, and they told me send an email in to support. It's unfortunate that they are like this, they seem to be a good company with good intentions. I've seen them post on various boards for their services.

It upsets me because upon their recommendation I switched to their dedicated services, which are not advertised, and its just not working out. Last week they were supposed to give me some quotes on ram and upgrades, I've still yet to receive any.

Well I am going to just cut my losses I guess. I downloaded a full backup of my website which contained my messageboard.

Do any of you know if that is enough to get my messageboard moved to another host? Do all I need to do is download a backup or is it more involved than that? That stuff is just a tad over my head.

I am going to lay into them as soon as I get safely on a new host and have everything running like it should again...

I believe as long as you can make a back up your sql database you should be fine. A download of your site is a good idea as well.

If everything was going well you could get a new host, have them transfer everything for you, and keep everything intact. But you new host would have to have access to your site, a problem if its down.

I don't know what I plan on doing at this point, I do know its time to move on to another hosting company.

Hello,

Well, it is good to hear that you did accomplish something good.

Now you can breath easier.

I never heard before that someone can pass through suspension. It was a very smart move. I will test that on our system now, so nobody can go through it!

Wish you the best,
    allvaluewebhosting.com - High Quality and affordable Web Hosting Solutions.
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting and much more...

KingSnake,

If your content was a few days off - sounds as if they may have had some server issues.

That said if you have a backup you're basically "good to go"
    David

Yea, I am good to go. And my site is back up wtih Hostrocket. The board should be back up tomorrow, minus a week or two worth of posts which in looking at thebig picture is no big deal.

But I guess I am just going to have to eat the 65 dollars that I paid Vizaweb. I am going to tell my little story about them everywhere I can. I am even going to put up a nice little rant about it on the front page of ws.net, just explaining what happend to me and in the process preaching the word about not getting hosting from Vizaweb. Heck if they could just give me 30 bucks back i would be happy.

Oh, and still, zero replies. welll actually I lie, I have got a reply from them.. actually a few. Automatic replies telling me they received my email and they are going to respond back to me "quickly". Riiiiiight hahaha...

Just an update on my situation. I emailed them once more, from a different account and pretended to be new user inquiring about service. This is the response I got:

"I am not attempting to insult you, but when an e-mail comes in saying it is from Holly Reinhart and from another e-mail address than the one on file. I was the one working with your site early this week and this is my first day back since tuesday. As of my leaving, your site was moved and working on the semi-dedicated plan. Now why noone contacted you during that time, I cannot speak to that, but I do apologize.

From the server logs it looks like your account was suspended for even overloading the semi-dedicated plan. At that point we would only be able to offer you the dedicated server, but that is most likely out of your budget. Since we have not been the best at communicating changes to you, I am going to offer you a refund of your remaining balance and offer any assistance that you need in moving to a dedicated server with us, or another service. Just let us know how we can be of assistance."
    --------------

I emailed them and said I appreciated a response finally.. and all I am seeking is a refund of the remaining balance. So, we will see if they go through with it. I will keep you all posted.

And thanks to everyone for giving me tips in this thread.

KingSnake,

Not bad - sounds like things are slowly getting resolved.

That said I would recommend not getting a dedicated with them.
    David

Originally posted by HP-David
    KingSnake,

Not bad - sounds like things are slowly getting resolved.

That said I would recommend not getting a dedicated with them.
    Haha, oh no worries. Not even if you put a gun to my head

This is a great forum. It's nice to have a place to vent

KingSnake,

I am so happy for you that it finally worked out! Let us know when your site is back up so we can visit!

- HN Mike
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD

Eli,

Maybe it is time to search for a new home? Do we see a pattern here? Looking at Kings response form them - sounds like they try to push clients into bigger and more expensive solutions, etc.? Sheesh!

- HN Mike
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD

I have been a vizaweb customer since last October. There service was good, 0 downtime they would response quickly then about 1 1/2 - 2 months ago things took a turn for the worse and no servers are up and down, they don't respond to emails or requests. They was one server that was down for 2 days and no explains, customers were ranting on the forums and complaining about what was going on and then suddenly the forum was disable for so-called updating. Bunch of BS. I reuested for 5 days to have my account upgraded and another site moved into my account and kept getting told it would be done tomorrow. Well tomorrow never came and I found different hosting. I still have one little site there but I will probably move it soon. Its a shame that Leo Laporte keeps plugging it in his shows.

Well thats good.. I figured something was up. I dont get it though, because Leo Laporte always has a sponser commercial on his KFI Los Angeles radio show about Vizaweb. He is a big time tech guy and I figured lots of people listen to him and I would think he gets them lots of customers. They wont be customers very long though if they keep this up.

Maybe his server is kept running really well. Like I said it was all good for like 7 months then quickly got really bad. I had the same thing with emails not being answered for days. Then when you got an answer it was like 3-5 words and meant nothing.

Well.. they have taken care of my problem.. thankfully:

"Because of the problems you had with our service, I have refunded all of your fees instead of deducting services rendered. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Also, please log into vizaweb.com and cancel your account when you have finished retrieving your data."
    --------------------

I checked my paypal account and they refunded me 65 dollars, every bit of money I spent. I wonder if it has anything to do with my post on whitestripes.net? Well, luckily my story turned out OK.. wheew

maybe they are smarting up and becoming what they use to be.

Originally posted by HostNexus Mike
    Eli,

Maybe it is time to search for a new home? Do we see a pattern here? Looking at Kings response form them - sounds like they try to push clients into bigger and more expensive solutions, etc.? Sheesh!

- HN Mike
    Yea, I'm tired of wondering whether my site will be up when I need to update it. KingSnake mentioned HostRocket, I might check them out, they have a few dedicated plans I'm interested in. And wouldn't you know it, my site is back down again as I type. And to think I referred a few paying clients to them for service.

Eli

I have nothing but good things to say about HostRocket. They always have answered my emails .. and I always get through when I call on the telephone. You can beat 24/7 tech telephone support.

KingSnake,

I'm going to contact them tomorrow to discuss some options for hosting. Unfortunatly I can only wait until my site is back online. Ridiculous. Thanks for mention of your new host.

Originally posted by Eli::IFX
    KingSnake,

I'm going to contact them tomorrow to discuss some options for hosting. Unfortunatly I can only wait until my site is back online. Ridiculous. Thanks for mention of your new host.
    Not a problem. And good luck with your situation.. I hope it turns out positive for you.

Hello - I'm new here. Was wondering if you had this resolved with vizaweb? I am having a similar problem in reaching their support. I've emailed 4 times, plus I faxed them. Every time I tried calling last week I got a "mailbox full" from their voicemail and couldn't even leave a message. This is upsetting because they typically have excellent support so I'm wondering if something bad is going on there?

My need is not as critical as yours (I wanted to change my main domain to a different one), but still, it is baffling why they aren't responding.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast