Credit Card Processing

Just asking for some opinions or suggestions, but who uses credit card processing for their web hosting company, and if so, what company do you use?

I'm looking (once again) into this, and maybe this time might go through with it. I'd like some suggestions on the best processing company, or other suggestions.

United States
    Lots of people use because it is implemented into a lot of different billing systems (modernbill, whmautopilot, etc).

You can also use which has a $49 sign up charge then transaction fees. If you are serious about a good merchant I would go with authorize and skip 2co

Downers Grove, IL
    I would recommend that if you're serious, go for a merchant account. Preferrably one that offers the gateway.

Merchant account providers are discussed frequently on this board, just do a search and start digging! Good luck!
    SolidState - Open Source Billing Solution for Web Hosts

Chicago, IL USA
    We have had good luck with WorldPay.

- HN Mike
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog

We use eprocessing (

Depends on what you are going to do with your acct.
    Resell hosting?
    Get a processor that will work with your host billing software.
    If selling goods then which cart will you be using, and match up the processor with your software,ect.

Northwest Ohio

Left 2CO and never looked back.

Seattle, WA
    We also use CDGCommerce. Everything has been working great since the release of Merchant Poral 2.

Also, is only a gateway. I don't think they provide direct merchant services.
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers

paypal wont be too bad, for both paypal and credit card payment.

PayPal - most recognized but sometimes will put a hold on your account if they suspect anything is wrong

ProPay - good but its all manual so if you have more than 30 or so customers it may be time consuming. They dont allow bulk uploads either

Auth.Net - common but you have to pay a monthly fee, and a gateway fee, and a processor its extra for DS and AX

PlugNPay - not as common and their interface is a ball of confusion, but it works if you don't have good credit or if you host adult sites has a special rate for webhosting companies. I don't know anything about it but I've seen it referenced a couple of times.

Has anyone used ProPay? Can I have it specify what name is shown on the credit card bill (the business name, of course), or how would that work?

ProPay looks good, because I want to be able to enter the details manually, because I offer domains, SSL certificates, etc. so I want to be able to bill them when they buy them, and not wait for them to do it.

ProPay will say propay on cc bill