Vigilantix service...

For about 2 months I have used vigilantix. Other then them taking about 3-4 days to get my server online initially they are ok. When my firewall messed up they were able to fix it fairly quickly.

However, all good companies have their faults. Here is the problems I am having with them. I recently wanted to move to another datacenter so I emailed them and asked them about shipping it directly there, rather then back to me, causing me to have to turn around and reship it. They informed me that was fine, they would be able to ship it straight there. It would take 48hrs to pack and ship and would be about $30. I replied and told them to let me know where to paypal the money. That was Wednesday. So I send another email on Thursday to check in, no reply. Friday comes and goes, no big deal I can wait until Monday.

Over the weekend I send them an email asking if they would ship it Monday and where to send payment. They finally reply with the price and where to send it. So I pay it send an email and wait, they say they got the payment and will ship it on Wednesday. Wednesday comes and goes and I send them a email Wednesday night. He finally replies and says it has been boxed and shipped and he would have a tracking number for me in the mourning. That’s great, but wait I can still ping it AND access it. So I send him an email back, he says: "We have a UPS shipment showing for it. I'll check in the morning. Wouldn't make sense to print a label and leave it, but I'll confirm in the AM." Its now Friday and I still haven’t heard back from him. My server is still up and active so it hasn't been shipped yet.

All of my emails have been nice I have been patient with them, but my patience with them is running VERY thin now. Over the course of this I have sent about 2-3 emails a day, one in the mourning one mid day and one late at night. They either ignore them or are not receiving them. I am really glad I don’t have to deal with them anymore but until they ship my server I am stuck with them.

runes911,

I don't mean to be funny but wait until that other guy finds his server is on the way somewhere else!

//okay, now back to serious mode.

Certainly unacceptable - although it is a bit out of the scope of what they're required to do - they did agree to help for a fee and have been delaying it quite a bit.

And yes - until your server is sent somewhere (whether back to you) you're stuck with them.

Any details in your contract with them about server shipping?
    David
    Web hosting by Fused — For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

I don't mean to be funny but wait until that other guy finds his server is on the way somewhere else!
    LOL good point

they did agree to help for a fee and have been delaying it quite a bit.
    Well that was return shipping not really a fee.

Any details in your contract with them about server shipping?
    Not that I recall. Their website has been down, it has a placeholder, so I can't find any TOS. They are located in Colo4Dallas. I don't really remember an agreement...
    Last edited by runes911; 05-20-2005 at 12:02 PM.

runes911,

Eek - you sent hardware to someone without a TOS/AUP/Contract of some sort?

Don't annoy them too much.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused — For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Well I am sure they had one. Their website is down so I can't look for it...

Well he finally emailed me back a few minutes ago. It seems they FINALLY shipped it.

5 business days and I have yet to hear of a tracking number. According to the ground maps Dallas > Atlanta takes 3 days. I even tried having someone at Colo4Dallas, where he is hosting his servers, forward an email to him for me and I still get no reply. Too wierd, getting worried...

Hope it wasn't one of the hundreds of fly by night companies. Keep your fingers crossed.

Also do a search on here you may find some info.

This is really getting aggrivating. I know they are still there otherwise I would have seen many horror threads by now. This just doesnt make any sense.

Originally posted by runes911
    This is really getting aggrivating. I know they are still there otherwise I would have seen many horror threads by now. This just doesnt make any sense.
    Generally when a company takes down their website this means they 'left the building' I hope I'm wrong but it doesn't look good my friend..

Well its not really "down" its just that there is only a placeholer there:

This is the placeholder for domain vigilantix.com. If you see this page after uploading site content you probably have not replaced the index.html file.

This page has been automatically generated by Plesk.

Vigilantix has not left the building!

We had some server issues and had to get the site moved over to a new server. We put customers request ahead of ours and just haven't gotten to the point of putting the web site back up.

It will be soon. All of our customers just pick up the phone and call us at 817-312-6845, so it's not an issue.

His server was shipped 48 hours after we received payment. We unracked, boxed, and shipped his server for like $25. No fees required.

All of our other customers schedule a pickup, so this has been a hassle for us in general because it's out of our protocol.

Sorry we haven't shipped your server fast enough for you. We have no reason to delay it and would even be willing to pay partial monthly fees at the other DC.

It's no big deal.

Regards,

CS

Sorry we haven't shipped your server fast enough for you. We have no reason to delay it and would even be willing to pay partial monthly fees at the other DC.
    No its quite alright. You just kinda scared me when I didn't hear from you for a week and since your site was down I didn't have a number for you.

Well now since that is cleared up can ya pm or email me a tracking number pretty please with sugar on top.

Great, he comes to make that announcement just to say hes still here but yet STILL doesnt give me a tracking number!

Well an update, I called them yesterday and they informed me that I am not the only one they need to send a tracking number to. They said they would send it soon. This is really getting on my nerves. It does not take NINE BUSINESS DAYS to ship a server from Dallas to Atlanta. I am not even counting they Friday it was supposedly shipped or even Monday which was a holiday. *sigh* This is really starting to make me mad...

Another update: Well its been two weeks now. No server. No tracking number. I am calling them and they still dont send a tracking number. I cant believe this...