Lightbulb New Ticketing System Suggestions

Hello all,
    Being involved with a medium sized ISP I have saw some flaws in the different ticketing systems that we've used. With that in mind I've descided to create my own ticketing system. I am looking for suggestions from everyone to see what they like and what they would like to see in our product.

Planned features:

feature rich admin
    -change countless options
    -you descide user rights from over 20options, no more we descide what a manager is
    -ip based restrictions

email parsing
    -piping, pop3, and imap collection
    -canned messages

whm intergration
    -easily obtain information from within the ticketing system, no need to open whm

Migration
    -easy to us migration scripts to migrate your data from
    -deskpro
    -kayako
    -perldesk
    -more...

Template system
    -easily change ticketing system site to match your own
    -centralized language file, translate to any language will include 3 langs from install

Dbase Support
    -mySQL
    -PostgreSQL
    -Oracle
    -mSQL

Does anyone have any other suggestions to be added? Thoughts on how you would like to see things work?

Kayako is pretty good

devuser,

I would recommend actually building a translator into the system - that way incoming tickets can be translated back and forth to different languages.

Other than that - no ideas.

David... that is an awsome suggestion. I would love a feature like that. I've been using babelfish the paste few months

Redcoat,

I'm aware - now if only someone would finally implement it!

otrs is a good one. we use it

David,
    That is a great feature. I am sure that would not be to hard to place in the email parsing. I will add it to the feature list. I know Google is expanding their language tools, they currently are beta testing.

-Jason

just an update I am working on creating a language translation tool. it will use the google language engine instead of Bable fish as they want to much money to license. i should have a script within a couple of days to show you that it can be done and will be in the product.

Hi,

We use Kayako and feel it’s a perfect and reliable ticket support system which also provides additional features such as a knowledgebase, and announcements plus other features.

Good luck on your translator project, I wouldn’t mind seeing the outcome of the product, but out of curiosity, will the final product be open source?
    Tahir Ahmed
    NetspaceOnline.net - Reliable Personal Web Site Hosting & Business Web Hosting Solutions!
    NSDomains.net - Our Dedicated Domain Registration & Management Portal!
    • Reseller Hosting Solutions • Linux Plesk 8 Control Panel • Provding Quality Hosting Since 2001

Originally posted by HP-David
    devuser,

I would recommend actually building a translator into the system - that way incoming tickets can be translated back and forth to different languages.

Other than that - no ideas.
    what about outgoing mail too?

we are hoping to place in a knowledgebase, faq, whm intergration, and other features.

i do not think the project will be open source, now that is not to say it will not be packaged as a licensed product or source yet. i would hate to go through all of the development of the system for it to be picked a part and used in a competitors product.

Originally posted by UltraUnixNET
    what about outgoing mail too?
    Yes that is the thought behind it. Email comes in Spanish, answered in English, and sent back out in Spanish. Would work great for hosting companies, your clients would not have to be English speaking to purchase your product and enjoy the support options like everyone else.

ok, worked the weekend to produce what you all wanted....this clanguage translation will be part of the Devtop product line now. click on the following link to show that it will be in the final product. http://www.devtop.com/lang/

any thing else you all what to see in a tickteting system?

-Jason

Loos good, but this thread should be moved to the "Other Reviews" forum.
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Including an RSS feed that you can syndicate!
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Unlimited vs. Unmetered bandwidth

Originally posted by HostingInsider
    Loos good, but this thread should be moved to the "Other Reviews" forum.
    What a good idea!

A spell checker. There's only one forum software that I know of that has this built in. Take advantage of Pspell, it really DOES do wonders.
    Doug Hazard - "retired" Web Hosting Master
    * Full Stack (Web/WP) Dev for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond (160+ sites)
    * Sports Photographer, Media Personality and CFB Historian
    * Tech Admin for several Sports Networks/Sites

Not bad - now build it into a system.

Originally posted by The Bear
    A spell checker. There's only one forum software that I know of that has this built in. Take advantage of Pspell, it really DOES do wonders.
    Yup that is a planned feature.