Thread: .ca domains

.ca domains

Anyone know the cheapest site to register .ca domains?

Thanks
    Tim

An associate of mine really likes baremetal for .ca registrations. Also it seems RegisterFly.com is offering .ca for 9.75 USD. I did verify they are no longer user enom for CCTLD registrations so this might be a good thing
    Domain Maven

check domainsatcost.ca
    DawHB.com - Web Hosting Blog | VPSHostDir.com - VPS Hosting Media

domainsatcost.ca is probably the cheapest.

I use Baremetal.com and their service has been great, though the price is a bit more than some.
    "Obsolesence is just a lack of imagination."

netfirms dot ca is CAN $ 9.95/year

Thanks for all the suggestions. Thaitanic do you know if netfirms give you full control over the domain? So can change nameservers etc. Because their prices are less than the registry fees. (and only $4.99 USD for .com/net/org)

I have yet to use them, so I won't be able to comment. From what I understand their $4.95 is only good for US customers and is a limited time promotion. I called and spoke with their rep, the CAN $9.95 for .ca is supposedly here to stay. It's strange that they would charge Canadian Customer higher as they have no promotion for us Canucks eventhough they are a Canadian firm. it seems like many Canadian companies, including Blackberry are in the habbit of charging Canadians more than US customers

.ca will be cheaper in July (8.95)

if you dont want to wait, 10dollar dot ca offer them at 10.95 it is the cheapest now I get one name there and they are OK

You may do a search here on Netfirms.

I can confirm Netfirms gives you full control of the domain name. $9.95 CAD is a pretty good deal!
    -=jim=-
    http://www.webhostinghandbook.com
    (Choose Your Web Host Wisely - The Web Hosting Handbook)

The cheapest canadian domain registrar with the best services is www.10dollar.ca
    PutFile.io — Disrupting traditional file hosting.
    █ Signup Early and enjoy Unlimited space/bandwidth for your files hosting, Forever!
    █ No Ads.
    █ No Countdowns.

Originally posted by NyteOwl
    I use Baremetal.com and their service has been great, though the price is a bit more than some.
    BareMetal has lowered their price to $12.99 (CANADIAN DOLLARS), but I don't see any of the other more popular registrars follow suit.

And believe it or not, when you go to Domainsatcost.ca, they even have the "Breaking News" mentioning their cutting the price as of December 11, 2003!!
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

.ca names

can anyone tell me what .ca stands for?

.ca is the ccTLD of CANADA.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.