China goes undercover to sway opinion on Internet

In today's world where blogs are becoming increasingly popular source of news and information, it is easier than ever before for the rouge governments like China to try to manipulate the public opinion by using blogs and forums etc. They can easily use low cost manpower to present their opinion as a fact. They can easily employ some people to post on blogs and forums 24x7 and put positive spin on their misdeeds.

Islamic terrorist organizations like Al Qaeda and Hammas have also used the internet to their advantage in the same manner for a long time now. So China has just learned a lesson from such folks.

What the Chinnese Government don't realize is outside their people we are intelligent people who have well developed minds. It will be interesting if one of their special tasks forces pop in here. I would then cheer on adorno for debating them.
    Kerry Jones

Heh... when reading this I remember a few people who were paid by the U.S Government to write a bunch of "pro-Bush" and "pro-Bush Programs" letters.

Its called propaganda and I bet every single country in the world does it
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / We Filter out the Bad Leads and Send you the Good ones!
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / Automated Lead Funnel Service

Originally posted by RealtorHost
    Heh... when reading this I remember a few people who were paid by the U.S Government to write a bunch of "pro-Bush" and "pro-Bush Programs" letters.

Its called propaganda and I bet every single country in the world does it
    I'm sure we have a hefty propoganda budget in the states.

Originally posted by Kerry Jones
    What the Chinnese Government don't realize is outside their people we are intelligent people who have well developed minds.
    Yes, I'm sure we do.. but what about everyone else?
    TS-Host, A Tulip Company - Hosting since 1995! - AS7219
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Bargain Dedicated Servers and High performance Dedicated!
    http://www.ts-host.com/ -@- [email protected] -@- 1-800-977-TOWN

What the Chinnese Government don't realize is outside their people we are intelligent people who have well developed minds. It will be interesting if one of their special tasks forces pop in here. I would then cheer on adorno for debating them.
    Unfortunately I believe the people who will fall for mindless propoganda far outnumber the people who will realize it is what it is.

What the Chinnese Government don't realize is outside their people we are intelligent people who have well developed minds.
    naive or nave (n-v, n-) also naif or naf (n-f, n-)
    adj.
    1. Lacking worldly experience and understanding, especially:
    a. Simple and guileless; artless: a child with a naive charm.

I'd imagine the average Chinese would probably want to slap you for that Kerry. Furthermore, the 'outsiders' with their 'intelligence' and 'well developed minds' get hoodwinked by government and media all the time - and I'm sad to say - the amercian people generally get the wool pulled over their eyes more than most.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Originally posted by akashik
    naive or nave (n-v, n-) also naif or naf (n-f, n-)
    adj.
    1. Lacking worldly experience and understanding, especially:
    a. Simple and guileless; artless: a child with a naive charm.

I'd imagine the average Chinese would probably want to slap you for that Kerry. Furthermore, the 'outsiders' with their 'intelligence' and 'well developed minds' get hoodwinked by government and media all the time - and I'm sad to say - the amercian people generally get the wool pulled over their eyes more than most.

I see what Kerry Jones was getting at, just probably didn't elaborate good enough. I doubt the generalization was on purpose, but if it was.. might wanna change that line
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / We Filter out the Bad Leads and Send you the Good ones!

I fail to see what he was getting at, at all, unless it was the belief that Chinese people can't think for themselves due to government oppression - or something similar, while other people can.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

What i'm saying is our governments are more open and we have access to all types of information compared to their government. I would never just rely on what was written in the text books at our school, so I would go to the library for multiple sources in which gave me greater knowledge when partipating in classes such as history. I'm just saying that due to their communism ways and the way they control their news agency we are more informed. I wouldn't trust the Chinnese press much less than the Cuban press, but I trust in the American press to a certain extent.
    Kerry Jones

I think Americans as a whole are more able to find sources of news more so than the Chinese. I wouldn't say we are more informed though...

Pssssttt . . . over here . . .

The American government has a secret underground internet propaganda operation. I believe they have over 2,000 staff, who build and participate in online forums, newsgroups etc, and help spread the american way!

They're everywhere . . . .
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

yeah i am from US secret internet affairs department.
    * `*:. .:*` * ~ X-Max ~ * `*:. .:*` *
    I love Wikipedia.

Originally posted by X-Max
    yeah i am from US secret internet affairs department.
    Oh, that was you in the back of the donkey costume at the IAD Christmas party. Sorry bout that.

Pssssttt . . . over here . . .

The American government has a secret underground internet propaganda operation. I believe they have over 2,000 staff, who build and participate in online forums, newsgroups etc, and help spread the american way!

They're everywhere . . . .
    Adorno
    Kerry Jones

Adorno
    Yeah Agent Adorno is down now. But he'll be back!!

Now how did Adorno get to be Account Disabled?

He is always so "fair and balanced".

Originally posted by blue27
    Now how did Adorno get to be Account Disabled?

That would be between adorno and the mods. IMO, adorno probably crossed the line a few times, as he does get very heated when debating.
    He is always so "fair and balanced".
    Like we all are.

adorno has (extreme?) opinions and he expresses them, albeit very passionately, and that doesn't sit well with some. Each to his own. I respect everyone's opinions and rights to express them, even if I am not in agreement with them.

Originally posted by Aussie Bob

That would be between adorno and the mods. IMO, adorno probably crossed the line a few times, as he does get very heated when debating.

Like we all are.

adorno has (extreme?) opinions and he expresses them, albeit very passionately, and that doesn't sit well with some. Each to his own. I respect everyone's opinions and rights to express them, even if I am not in agreement with them. [/B]
    It is one thing to have an opinion and express it, it is another thing to attack people on a personal level. Lets hope he (adorno) learns that lesson.

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    Need help? just ask The Doctor
    House calls a specialty
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy ?