Is there anyone who can check out my site for me

You have to absolutely NOT be in the market for hosting so I am not advertising to you- and keep my domain a secret. This way I can maintain my post having people give me feedback on prices.

It is using a CMS but I think I've made it look nice. Once my host 'takes off' I will move it to a website of it's own, maybe have a template made for me. For now, I'm learning some nice PHP editing for making custom pages hacked into the CMS

I am slightly proud of the fact that the extremely basic web design skills I taught myself are paying off now, too.
    So far I have not needed to make 31 posts thanks to the search function.

Er, the only reason I say for people to check it out is that I don't want to post the name, therefore not advertising. My main reason for posting is to find out if basic web design still works, or if extremely complex designs and templates are necessary.

For example, I present this classic snapshot:

Would you consider that on a low, yet acceptable level for a handmade website? Or do you think I need to invest more heavily in webdesign skills? And what, besides for example solid backend webdevelopment sites like webmonkey, do you reccomend?
    So far I have not needed to make 31 posts thanks to the search function.

The content looks fine. The top looks boring, I would forget your site. Might want a logo and maybe at least small, appropriate graphics, like maybe for bullets if you are trying to keep it light.

Tasmania, Australia
    Moved to website reviews where you can post your URL