Exclamation Webhosting Focus Group

Ok, so maybe this isn't even the right site for this kind of question, but I can't help but ask.

What have you liked or disliked about past or present shared hosting providers you have used? Also, what would you like to see changed, added or removed from your past or present shared host?

So for everyone who's always had something they thought could just be a little bit better, or some new feature they would like to see, or some problem that just bugged them: Now is your chance to say what you have to say and hopefully have some host's catch on (and if they don't, I probably will)...
    Scott Swezey
    TCL Fasteners, Inc.
    Automotive fasteners for collision shops.

honests hosts, no overselling, custom plans for everybody ...
    Got Fused?

Wow, you beat me to it, Dersursine. I was just thinking about posting something similar to this. I'm interested to see the results.
    Last edited by Netarix; 05-20-2005 at 12:51 AM.
    Michael Pine, Owner
    Netarix
    http://www.netarix.com
    Affordable and Reliable Web Hosting

I hate prices stated as "5$/month" in the front page, and when you go to pay, you pay 10$/month if you don't pay for 12-24 monts
    Got Fused?

Sounds good so far.
    -Don't Oversell
    -Don't Advertise discounted prices
    -Custom Plans

Anyone got any other ideas to add?
    Scott Swezey
    TCL Fasteners, Inc.

Saying "we'll take care of it" and never actually do it. I was amazed to see SSI not working on a server for months (until I left).

Regarding overselling, things are sometimes not so black and white. How can one not oversell server resources in shared hosting is still something that eludes me.

Perhaps a better way of saying it is "don't overcrowd the server".

Originally posted by ldcdc
    Saying "we'll take care of it" and never actually do it. I was amazed to see SSI not working on a server for months (until I left).

Regarding overselling, things are sometimes not so black and white. How can one not oversell server resources in shared hosting is still something that eludes me.

Perhaps a better way of saying it is "don't overcrowd the server".
    I see what your saying about not overselling, but if I did all my math correctly, the server I want, when "full" (with no overselling) would bring in just enough to pay for another identical server, so the whole next server is profit.

In the end I think its probably worth the sacrifice because you build up a client base, and look good all the while having servers that work well too... In the end (on the journey to getting my own DC), I figure its worth the wait.
    Scott Swezey
    TCL Fasteners, Inc.

* Efficient and actually helpful support - if you say 15 mins, I expect 15 mins. And not just an auto-generated reply.

* No hostile response when customer complains - I don't believe a webhost will never do anything wrong. When a customer bring up something wrong, I hate to see owner/customer service attack the customer. That's no way to treat any customer, even the tough ones. Should remember these people *pay* their salary!

* No false advertising

* Honest about what they're capable of.

SUPPORT
    SUPPORT
    SUPPORT
    SUPPORT ...

- HN Mike
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog