LayeredTech down?

Did anyone else experience downtime with their Layered Tech dedicated servers? Ours was down for the better part of an hour that I noticed this evening and none of the other sites we have on their network were responding either. Same went for LayeredTech.com... it was not responding. I sent them an email regarding it and got a reply that they rebooted my server. Sounds like it was done improperly because they said the system was running a fsck on the reboot. In any event, I suspect the server was not the problem and they rebooted it without verifying. Just a hunch I guess since their entire network wasn't pinging

Anyone have anything go on with their servers tonight?

I have a server with them too.. and I can't ping the website
    http://www.gamerzplanet.net
    anyone can ping the site?
    Off Topic Forum - An Off Topic discussion Forum.

Hello,

We have had no reported problems at our Savvis location. We did have some clients experience problems earlier when ThePlanet data center was having issues with Level3. We did also see some minor problems with some routes to Level3 to Savvis and they have appeared to clear up now.

DT-Sprit your host is down for other reasons. Please check your support portal account.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Can you direct me where I can see the reason? I sent an e-mail but it only said you guys are looking into it. Can you send me an e-mail what reason is it.
    THanks..
    Off Topic Forum - An Off Topic discussion Forum.

Jeremy, can you then explain to me why our server was hard booted twice? After looking at the logs it shows that the system was receiving mail only minutes before the first hard reboot.... so the system was up. We use BSD and it shows the filesystem being mounted during the shutdown.... When I inquired about the reasoning behind the reboot I was told that it wasn't responding. Also, I was told there were no network issues............

Hello,

These are not our support forums. Please open a ticket on our support portal or forums to ask these type of questions.

Thanks,

Jeremy

I will do so first thing tomorrow morning. Thanks!

Have quite a few boxes at the SAVVIS facility currently, and there were no interruptions on them whatsoever today/tonight.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

I show a 100% lockout that started on a savvis hop between los angeles and dallas between 6 and 7pm pacific last evening. May have been west coast customers only.

Originally posted by LTADMIN
    Hello,

These are not our support forums. Please open a ticket on our support portal or forums to ask these type of questions.

Thanks,

Jeremy
    Yeah, heaven forbid the word get's out. What crap.

Level 3 communications lost a core router last night in Dallas. We rerouted everything in about 10 minutes, but it still caused a hiccup.

Burp.
    Ray Womack @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

N/A

Originally posted by PSFServers
    Yeah, heaven forbid the word get's out. What crap.

Level 3 communications lost a core router last night in Dallas. We rerouted everything in about 10 minutes, but it still caused a hiccup.

Burp.

First people critize hosts for taking support to this forum, then people critize hosts for not helping people in this forum. Can you make up our minds please
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / We Filter out the Bad Leads and Send you the Good ones!
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / Automated Lead Funnel Service

Originally posted by RealtorHost
    First people critize hosts for taking support to this forum, then people critize hosts for not helping people in this forum. Can you make up our minds please
    ROFL! Amen!!!
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

Re: LayeredTech down?

Originally posted by madpenguin
    Did anyone else experience downtime with their Layered Tech dedicated servers?
    Nope. I haven't seen any downtime since I got my server, three months ago.
    Dr. Colin Percival, FreeBSD Security Officer
    Online backups for the truly paranoid: http://www.tarsnap.com/

Uhh well when I woke up this morning I thought the entire internet was broken, so many providers having issues, ThePlanet was one, I was having problems seeing Peer1 NY too.

Google.co.uk also up and down like a yoyo.

A week on from Friday the 13th, that's what it'll be.