Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My expierence with ALLManaged

I order my first server at AM. Here me expierence

Sale support 8/10

Tech support (that very important to me) 9,9/10 (Fantastico) for first's several days

Presale support need to be some better, but I think it's will be change, because they new devision of Sago! Sometime don't ask for me!

So when I order first server, I worry about tech. But they working fine! Onle forgget install Fantastico, but install during 30 minites, when I ask them!

Ussually they answer for ticket 15-30 minites, only when solution was hard, they take some more time!

So I very glad, that I in Allmanaged, and recomen the AM to people who need Managed server!

Hope that my first expierence will be same after some time!

as a newer ,i aslo meet the same question ,but the end is happy

Thank you both very much for your kind words, I trust your experiences will be the same in a few months as they have been for a shorter period of time. In regards to pre-sales, if there's anything that I can assist you with, please do let me know and I'll be happy to look further into any situations that have arisen giving us a less than stellar performance for you initially.

Sincerely,
    Matthew McCormick
    Director of Customer Care
    www.caro.net
    mmccormick@carohosting.com

I purchased 3 reseller accounts from AllManaged.com a few days ago,but now I'm having some problems,and I got no response after I sent several emails to support@allmanaged.com.

Are they on holiday?What should I do?I've been waiting for over 2 days.

Originally posted by magik1412
    I purchased 3 reseller accounts from AllManaged.com a few days ago,but now I'm having some problems,and I got no response after I sent several emails to support@allmanaged.com.

Are they on holiday?What should I do?I've been waiting for over 2 days.
    That's rare, maybe the emails got filtered to the junk folder? You should PM sagomatt here, he's quick to respond

But there's a automatic reply.So I think it's not filtered.
    Matt is offline.

My experience with allmanaged is basically a crap shoot. Sometimes they're extremely quick, sometimes they take days to resolve a problem. And other times they don't reply at all - reboot requests included.

Oh no,what should I do then?

Your mileage may vary. That's just my experience.

I'm asking them to move two reseller accounts to another server for it's lack of memory.Hope they can help.

Originally posted by lety
    My experience with allmanaged is basically a crap shoot. Sometimes they're extremely quick, sometimes they take days to resolve a problem. And other times they don't reply at all - reboot requests included.
    My experience has been the same.
    Vertivo :: Affordable Web Hosting Packages and Reseller Plans
    We offer affordable and reliable Linux-based Reseller and Shared Hosting Plans. Accepted: All major Credit Cards and PayPal.

Just ordered a Dual Xeon 3.06 Server, hope could be online soon

Your transaction has been completed, and a receipt for your purchase has been emailed to you. You may log into your account at https://www.paypal.com to view details of this transaction.

My problem with them

I've investigated AllManaged and Sago, and my big problem with them is their onerous anti-spam policy. If you want to maintain a newsletter, professional discussion list, or any other sort of e-mail application that will e-mail multiple people, you have to do the following...

1: Go through a three-mail process to verify opt-in (they send mail to subscribe, you send mail to confirm, they reply to confirmation).
    2: Provide all such evidence to AllManaged/Sago BEFORE you start mailing that person or AllManaged/Sago will consider a complaint of spamming as proof of spamming.

#1 isn't too bad, but come on, let first of the three steps occur on a web site (i.e. let them request subscription via a form).

But it's number 2 that is the killer. You have to share all your mailing lists with AllManaged/Sago. That gives me privacy policy heebie-jeebies (in terms of me guaranteeing privacy to my users).

I appreciate them being against spam, as most of us are, but they've gone rabidly off the deep end in their AUP.

You will have dumbasses who forget they subscribed (even with double opt-in) and complain. It happens. Give me the benefit of the doubt.

Years ago, I had one determined idiot... A friend had forwarded her a copy of one of my newsletters, and she somehow got it in her head that my unsubscribe address would get her unsubscribed from a completely different mailing list. So she kept sending unsubscribe requests, getting angrier and more threatening, and refusing to believe me when I said "you're not on my list, I'm not sending you mail." Finally, after many requests, I got her to send me a copy of the e-mail she claimed I was sending.

I pointed out to her how it wasn't my mailing list, and how it had a completely different domain and unsubscribe address *right at the top of the e-mail*.

She didn't apologize for all the time she wasted, all the names she called me, all the false accusations she tossed around. But she did go away.

Now imagine I'm with Sago/Allmanaged and she complained to them... repeatedly. My account is suspended, my site goes offline, and I never even mailed the twit. I'm not saying that would happen, but given their AUP, it could. And I never trust a company to do anything more or less than I have in writing.

So Sago/Allmanaged... uh-uh. Not going to go with a company that reserves the right to go off the deep end at the slightest provocation.

- Greg

Re: My problem with them

Originally posted by gbulmash
    I've investigated AllManaged and Sago, and my big problem with them is their onerous anti-spam policy. If you want to maintain a newsletter, professional discussion list, or any other sort of e-mail application that will e-mail multiple people, you have to do the following...

1: Go through a three-mail process to verify opt-in (they send mail to subscribe, you send mail to confirm, they reply to confirmation).
    2: Provide all such evidence to AllManaged/Sago BEFORE you start mailing that person or AllManaged/Sago will consider a complaint of spamming as proof of spamming.

#1 isn't too bad, but come on, let first of the three steps occur on a web site (i.e. let them request subscription via a form).

But it's number 2 that is the killer. You have to share all your mailing lists with AllManaged/Sago. That gives me privacy policy heebie-jeebies (in terms of me guaranteeing privacy to my users).

I appreciate them being against spam, as most of us are, but they've gone rabidly off the deep end in their AUP.

You will have dumbasses who forget they subscribed (even with double opt-in) and complain. It happens. Give me the benefit of the doubt.

Years ago, I had one determined idiot... A friend had forwarded her a copy of one of my newsletters, and she somehow got it in her head that my unsubscribe address would get her unsubscribed from a completely different mailing list. So she kept sending unsubscribe requests, getting angrier and more threatening, and refusing to believe me when I said "you're not on my list, I'm not sending you mail." Finally, after many requests, I got her to send me a copy of the e-mail she claimed I was sending.

I pointed out to her how it wasn't my mailing list, and how it had a completely different domain and unsubscribe address *right at the top of the e-mail*.

She didn't apologize for all the time she wasted, all the names she called me, all the false accusations she tossed around. But she did go away.

Now imagine I'm with Sago/Allmanaged and she complained to them... repeatedly. My account is suspended, my site goes offline, and I never even mailed the twit. I'm not saying that would happen, but given their AUP, it could. And I never trust a company to do anything more or less than I have in writing.

So Sago/Allmanaged... uh-uh. Not going to go with a company that reserves the right to go off the deep end at the slightest provocation.

- Greg
    How they deal with SPAM complaints is really cause for concern. At ServInt, when they receive a spam complaint they notify me and ask me to take the necessary action against the offending user. This is how it should be done.

At AllManaged, they take your websites offline by nulling the IP route THEN they notify you of the spam complaint and ask you to take care of it, which of course you cant because chances are you cant log into your control panel, so you have to wait again until they put the IP back online. All of this while your users are breathing down your neck for answers as to why their websites are down.
    Vertivo :: Affordable Web Hosting Packages and Reseller Plans
    We offer affordable and reliable Linux-based Reseller and Shared Hosting Plans. Accepted: All major Credit Cards and PayPal.

Get enogh Paypal and paid, waiting for news

1 and half working day past after my Paypal payment

Not get any news

Still waiting

Originally posted by bestprobe
    1 and half working day past after my Paypal payment

Not get any news

Still waiting
    Your server has been provisioned, and is currently in the build queue, should be up later on today

Thanks,
    Matthew McCormick
    Director of Customer Care
    www.caro.net
    mmccormick@carohosting.com

My experience with AllManaged has been great... a recent example would be their techs setting up 2 Counter-Strikeource servers for me free of charge
    Course-Notes.Org

US History US Government and Politics| Note Outlines Vocab
    Euro History Psychology Econonomics | Forum Study Guides

my experience 2 great..but ill be writing a school essay for all the good things . sigh

Re: Re: My problem with them

Originally posted by Moni-Q
    At AllManaged, they take your websites offline by nulling the IP route THEN they notify you of the spam complaint
    Thanks for letting us know. I've changed my mind about purchasing Dual Xeon's from AllManaged.

I wouldnt be so quick to change your mind - I've sent out mailings to 12,000 people every month for the past 4-5 months now without any problems

-Chris
    Course-Notes.Org

US History US Government and Politics| Note Outlines Vocab
    Euro History Psychology Econonomics | Forum Study Guides

Originally posted by sagomatt
    Your server has been provisioned, and is currently in the build queue, should be up later on today

Thanks,
    Thanks, Hope to get further news from you soon

I spend $310 / Month for the Server, means $10 per day. Really hope it would be online asap

Nice, My Server is online, looks very fast.

Learning how to set it now

Originally posted by CLKeenan
    I wouldnt be so quick to change your mind - I've sent out mailings to 12,000 people every month for the past 4-5 months now without any problems

-Chris
    But has anyone complained to them yet? It takes a knowledgeable complainant to figure out who your server host is and complain to them.

For example, the fact that you're hosted by Sagonet.net isn't in your whois. But it can definitely be deduced via a traceroute.

Just because they haven't shut you down without notice or giving you a chance to defend yourself doesn't mean they can't. It just means they haven't.

Unless you're providing evidence of every subscription before the subscriber is mailed, they can shut you down the moment a complaint arrives. If they do and your business goes offline for days while you fight it out, you have no recourse. You agreed to it.

I want a host that trusts me a little more than that. Unless I'm hemmoraging e-mail, I should get a chance to defend myself before I'm shut down. Allmanaged has no obligation under their AUP to give me that. They might give it to me, but they don't have to. That's where my problem lies.

- Greg

I had never met spam complaint. but this sounds very bad. I wonder why SAGO works this way? :unsure: this seems not the same always friendly SAGO I know. any explaination about this issue?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast