Thread: Cee-Kay Hosting

Question Cee-Kay Hosting

Hi everyone,

I cam across this webhost, which looks like a reputable company: hosting.cee-kay.net

They have very attractive prices, so I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them? Also, I know they allow you to resell hosting with their VPS packages, do they let you do that on their regular "Webhosting" packages too?

Thanks.

How did you find them?

I've never had experience with them. Your 2nd question would probably be better answered by them: http://www.hosting.cee-kay.net/contact.php
    Get your certificate of knowification autographed by REW!
    Visit rewdog.com for details.

Originally posted by Rman2003
    How did you find them?
    I was searching for "European Hosting" on Google (I'm not exactly sure if I used those keywords) and Cee-Kay was one of the sites listed.

They seem to be pretty legit, maybe a bit on the overselling side, but that's nearly a standard these days. If you decide to go with them, be sure and come back in 3 - 6 months and let us know how it's going.

Right now my site is hosted with 1&1 and I'm very happy with it. Cee-Kay's low prices make it a good choice for Reselling, which I'm planning to do in a couple of weeks.

I'll do some more research and if I do go with them, I'll be sure to write a review here.

Thanks.

I am also very interested in Cee-Kay.net .

I have found them in this way and if this report is trustworthy, they are very reliable.

Their support was friendly and complete. They are responding within a 3 hours, but just to mention that those replies was on some additional pre-sales questions, and neither on a webhosting problem nor that was a case of "emergency".

Not bad in comparison with some other hosts I have dealing with.

Yep,

It costs 1200 (~$2500) per year to take part in that netcraft survey so they are obviously proud of their performance.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Originally posted by UH-Matt
    Yep,

It costs �1200 (~$2500) per year to take part in that netcraft survey so they are obviously proud of their performance.

... and now they are out of business?!?

http://uptime.netcraft.com/perf/grap...et&range=86400

http://webhostingjury.com/reviews/Cee-Kay_Hosting

http://uptime.netcraft.com/perf/reports/Hosters (look at Cee-Kay.net at the bottom)

Cee-Kay.net site does not open in my computer, i connect to it but there is no way for the site to load, dont think this is a good indication...

It's currently not working for me either..
    X5 Internet - Cheap, affordable web hosting w/ dedicated solutions!
    24/7 support, 99.9% uptime, cPanel & More

..Everything you want from a hosting company..

Originally posted by Fulk
    I am also very interested in Cee-Kay.net .

I have found them in this way and if this report is trustworthy, they are very reliable.
    I wonder if your link killed their allowed bandwidth? Seems the report above now says they've been down 23 of the last 24 hours??

@USWEB-Darren:
    Yep, probably I am guilty (for their... perhaps not exactly "disaster", maybe "situation" is better word for that), as you just said. And you are joking, I suppose. Right?

I was about to sign up with them (also I was recommending them many times as reliable and stable web-hosting provider) and when I try to check again if they are reliable as they were before, I saw that Netcraft report. I was surprised and now very disapointed, especially if this is true.

Buy it is not my fault, at all. As you may see, this thread has been seen not more than 80-90 times as of now, and not all visitors saw that report. So, I have nothing with it.
    Last edited by Fulk; 06-10-2005 at 09:36 AM.

Lol, Fulk - calm down. I was merely wondering if they had a very small bandwidth allowance from their provider (in other words, weren't really as big as we thought). I wasn't blaming you for their woes. I didn't know anything about them, hence my curiosity.

Looks like they were decent at one time but gradually declined until, as you say, ceased a few days ago. Shame, really.

And after two days nothing has changed. Should we still wait or we can concluse for sure that Cee-Kay has disappeared?

@USWEB-Darren
    It's ok, it was just a little misunderstanding.
    Last edited by Fulk; 06-12-2005 at 12:51 PM.

After two days of downtime, you should come to conclusion that the host has disappeared and find your self a new host.

Arrow

Yup, they have officially disappeared and taken my .NL domain name with them which I had registered about 2 weeks ago.

Make a whois on that domain name, if it has your email in the administrative contact maybe you can manage to tranfer it to some other registar.