Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Originally posted by trau
    Perhaps true now, but the former Soviet Union armed at least one of their Salyut space stations with a cannon.

You make a good point. Maybe all American presidents are war mongering killers. Thanks for clarifying that.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by blue27
    You make a good point. Maybe all American presidents are war mongering killers. Thanks for clarifying that.
    Thank you for insulting my country. That is very big of you.
    Rich
    Husband, Father, Retired Marine, Geek
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by DevilDog
    Thank you for insulting my country. That is very big of you.

Perhaps you can explain this for me DevilDog.

If every single political thread the Conservatives claim that all Liberal presidents are scum and caused war and unnecessary deaths. The claim that the Democrats are incompetent and have no business ever having any power in the country.

In the same threads the Liberals are all saying that the Republican presidents are killers, and war mongers, and evil, and they care nothing about the American people and they care only about oil and money.

These are Americans saying all this.
    What else are we supposed to conclude if both sides are crooked and hated by their own people?
      0 Not allowed!

blue27,

You post a lot here so I will assume the best from you. Were you trying to be sarcastic or do you really hold that opinion? I honestly could not tell.

I am as disgusted by both sides that devolve intelligent conversation into calling Presidents scumbags. Not all conservatives or liberals do that even though it is very common in this forum. I think its wrong to do it for any President regardless of political affiliation.
    Rich
      0 Not allowed!

Pure sarcasm DD.

I believe that all of the Presidents past and present have the best interests of the American people first and foremost in mind.

Put yourself in a different position though. Pretend you are on the outside looking in and you see both sides doing everything they can to discredit the other.
    American politics has nothing to do with promoting the good characteristics of your candidate. It's all about digging up as much dirt on your opponent and putting as much negative spin on every action and event your opponent is associated with.
      0 Not allowed!

OK Cool.

I haven't seen much on TV about Canadian politics but I hope it's not as bad there.
    Rich
      0 Not allowed!

OK Cool.

I haven't seen much on TV about Canadian politics but I hope it's not as bad there.
    Not as bad yet but it's getting there.
      0 Not allowed!

I personally think we should put that money in to something that will put us into a position that won't require such weapons. Work with our enemies and attempt to get rid of the need for such weapons.

Or, we should use the money where it is really needed in securing our country, our ports.
      0 Not allowed!

Not as bad yet but it's getting there.
    Or as ruthless as British politics.

I read the Economist and have been following, at least weekly, about the turmoil with your ruling party. I just hope this doesn't spin out of control. I've read some commentary that it looks like folks in Quebec are starting to talk separating themselves again.

I was born in Canada (Goose Bay Labrador, Newfoundland) while my Dad was stationed there. Too young to remember anything but I've always had an affinity for the country.
    Rich
      0 Not allowed!

Our current government just survived a no confidence vote tonight.
    I suspect some of the conservatives didn't show up because they are showing so poorly in the polls right now that they would lose a federal election again and possibly hand the liberals a majority government.

Turns out that a late defection by a conservative party member made the difference.
      0 Not allowed!

I support this effort, it makes sense to me. First: we're developing technology, anyone who is for stomping progress is an idiot. Second: nobody is going to dismantle all their weapons, only partly. This project does encourage more weapons building but that is already happening and I'd rather have a defense than not. Plus, I'm for everything that involves developing space technology.

Originally posted by mikeylove
    And you think having this maniac in office is a good thing
    Get over it mikeylove. I think it's a million times better than having you in office, if that satisfies you. Of course it's better than Kerry who couldn't have done anything at all in the republican Senate.
      0 Not allowed!

I think the point and problem of this is "more weapons". A truly moronic idea to stop war and fighting is to make more weapons. Instead of feeding our country, keeping our children educated, and giving everyone health care so millions could be saved a year.. we try to become more and more like N. Korea.

Why is N.K building nuclear weapons? Its their only way out.. they are an extremly poor communist country, and they entirely fear the U.S. Heck I don't blame them.. I would fear the U.S right now also. But getting off that.. we are just instigating other countries to do the same thing we are.

The United States is suppose to lead by example.. suppose. We are suppose to be the best country in the world. Do you think our founding fathers.. the respective John Hancock, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, George Mason etc... would like how this country is right now? Do you really suppose this? No way.. its everything they were against.

More weapons = More Death
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / "Automate. Grow. Repeat"
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / A KEAP Certified Developer (KCD)
      0 Not allowed!

i think space weapons will also give boost to space technology and space travel industry.
    * ´¨`*:·. .·:*´¨` * ~ X-Max ~ * ´¨`*:·. .·:*´¨` *
    I love Wikipedia.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by X-Max
    i think space weapons will also give boost to space technology and space travel industry.
    I'm sure that the poor and the starving will be thrilled to hear this.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm sure that the poor and the starving will be thrilled to hear this.
    Along with those without healthcare, the kids in overcrowded schools, the people driving to work on poor roads... etc etc.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.
      0 Not allowed!

well if US will invest on this they will make out money from travel industry later. remember Tito paid 10 millions for space ride and US is very smart to sale protection and weapons to other countries.
    * ´¨`*:·. .·:*´¨` * ~ X-Max ~ * ´¨`*:·. .·:*´¨` *
    I love Wikipedia.
      0 Not allowed!

Actually, Tito spent 20 million and he gave it to the Russians.

Once again, a great comfort to the poor and starving Americans.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by RealtorHost
    Why is N.K building nuclear weapons? Its their only way out.. they are an extremly poor communist country, and they entirely fear the U.S. Heck I don't blame them.. I would fear the U.S right now also. But getting off that.. we are just instigating other countries to do the same thing we are.
    Do you actually believe that? Do you know the history of Kim Jong Il and his father?
    Rich
      0 Not allowed!

Do you actually believe that? Do you know the history of Kim Jong Il and his father?

Some people tend to forget that regardless of their opinions of the US there are some very despicable leaders out there.
      0 Not allowed!

I don't use this term lightly in an educated debate. Those that have read my posts know I don't throw labels around but the leader of North Korea is, more than likely, a psychopath. I've seen stories from both open and other kinds of sources that make the hair on the back of my neck stand up.
    Rich
      0 Not allowed!

I find it funny:

Everyone goes mad at North Korea trying to build nuclear weapons.

Why is the US/etc. allowed have nuclear weapons and not North Korea?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but North Korea doesn't seem to be invading any countries or dropping bombs on anyone...

Seriously, if you ignore the "axis of evil" type propaganda against North Korea, and put them side by side with the US, they look pretty good...
      0 Not allowed!

I would love to see the money spent on domestic issues but the government apparently doesn't see it that way. As for starving americans I have never seen one so either I haven't lived in that bad a place or it's purely a political myth.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?
      0 Not allowed!

Deathstar anyone?
    ·· Repeat after me... ProSupport is the best... Prosupport is... ··
    ProSupport Host Support System - OUT NOW! Grab a copy yourself and see what the hype is about!
    VertiHost Inc. - We run a quality business. Do you?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by pixelized
    I would love to see the money spent on domestic issues but the government apparently doesn't see it that way.
    Exactly.

But he knows it's the next president who will have to pick up the pieces, get the country out of debt etc. So he doesn't give a ****.

Why do so many people in power always ignore the basics? Get people educated, healthy, happy, and a lot of problems will go away...
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by akashik
    Along with those without healthcare, the kids in overcrowded schools, the people driving to work on poor roads... etc etc.
    Yes, let's divert even less money to space program, it gets next to nothing now, but why don't we just cut everything?

Originally posted by Staff.ie
    Exactly.

But he knows it's the next president who will have to pick up the pieces, get the country out of debt etc. So he doesn't give a ****.

Why do so many people in power always ignore the basics? Get people educated, healthy, happy, and a lot of problems will go away...
    What are you talking about? Do you have ANY idea how much funding NASA gets (nothing)? I realize we're talking Air Force here but they are developing space technology and working with NASA. The war in Iraq cost more than fifty years worth of NASA funding.

Originally posted by pixelized
    I would love to see the money spent on domestic issues but the government apparently doesn't see it that way. As for starving americans I have never seen one so either I haven't lived in that bad a place or it's purely a political myth.
    I walk on the streets every day and they are filled with starving people . Everyone in America who wants to work can find work. Those bums on the street, they are simply lazy. Those single moms with tons of children? Looking to squeeze the money out of the government, that's why they get lots of children so they get lots of money. I think the government should just cut programs like that, it's clear they are being abused. I am not being sarcastic.

If you are going to call me ignorant, why don't you think about it logically and then go do some research .
    Last edited by Lev; 05-20-2005 at 10:07 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast