Is this the final ending of Gateway?

Gateway has been on a downward spiral for a few years now.. is this just another reason to think... "its all over....?"

(See the attached picture for their falling stocks...)

PC maker Gateway said Thursday that its founder and longtime chairman, Ted Waitt, will retire from the board of directors after its annual meeting, to focus on other business and philanthropic interests.

Ted Waitt
    Ted Waitt
    founder, Gateway

Under a long-planned succession strategy, the Irvine, Calif.-based company said that its former president and current director, Richard Snyder, will become chairman, effective upon his expected reelection to the board later Thursday.

"This year marks my 20th year as Gateway's chairman. It's been a great ride," the 42-year-old Waitt said in a statement.

"But now my interests are vast and varied and I'd like to be able to take on some new challenges in the next 20 years."

Snyder, chief executive of Ardesta, has been a director of Gateway since 1991, when he joined the company as executive vice president. He went on to become Gateway's president and chief operating officer in 1996, and he held those posts until he left the company in August 1997.

He helped to oversee Gateway's initial public offering, along with Waitt.

The board also elected Janet Clarke as an independent director to fill the open board seat. Clarke is president and founder of Clarke Littlefield.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gtw.gif  
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / We Filter out the Bad Leads and Send you the Good ones!
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / Automated Lead Funnel Service

I don't think this spells the end for Gateway...

IMO Gateway still has the best customer support of any of the PC Manufacturers. They just need to work on building better desktops (They make great laptops).

Well to be frankly honest, Gateway has been slowing ending for 4 years now. Just look at their profits (or lack there of), their stocks, and how the company has majorly downsized.

I think one of their biggest problems were directly competing against Compaq, and Dell. Also moving to San Diego, was a huge move. They finally got smart and moved. Its unfortuantely, but Gateway is eventually going to be completely out of the PC game.
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / We Filter out the Bad Leads and Send you the Good ones!
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / Automated Lead Funnel Service