Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A real n00bie here...

Hi there everyone,
    I'm real new to most of this but am enjoying it immensely!
    My question is this: I have registered a domain name at ariadomain.com and am going to use their webhosting as well. I put in my request for web host activation 3 days ago and I still am not able to access the site. I have tried ftp but it cannot connect yet as well. I didn't think it took this long for the site/domain to become live. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance for any help.

propagation of a domain can take anywhere from 24-72 hours.
    Linux VPS Hosting
    Fully Managed VPS, Dedicated And Reseller Solutions.
    Host Unlimited Domains

did you change the nameservers pointing to this host ?

Originally posted by onthespot
    propagation of a domain can take anywhere from 24-72 hours.
    It has been 72 hours on my end but I suppose if they are in a different time zone or country this could be the problem.

Originally posted by empresasdehosting
    did you change the nameservers pointing to this host ?
    I am one dumb n000bie!

I'm not sure what you mean by nameservers pointing to this host. If it isn't too much trouble can you explain this or point me to a guide/faq?

Thanks

flowrider:

Did you receive a "welcome" email from ariadomains.com for their hosting service?

I'm not sure what you mean by nameservers pointing to this host.
    Your domain has to have at least 2 name servers configured for it. The name servers are provided by your hosting company, and they're typically called something like: ns1.ariadomains.com, ns2.ariadomains.com, etc. The name servers help a client determine your host's IP address given your domain name. If you bought the domain name and the hosting from the same company, at the same time, this should have been done for you.

BTW, what is your domain name?
    SolidState - Open Source Billing Solution for Web Hosts

Flowrider,

Have you contacted the host for help?

Also, what is your domain name so we can do a WHOIS on it and see the nameservers. That may help us to help you.

First though, email support at ariadomain and ask for assistance.

- HostNexus Mike
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog

Originally posted by colklink
    flowrider:

Did you receive a "welcome" email from ariadomains.com for their hosting service?

Your domain has to have at least 2 name servers configured for it. The name servers are provided by your hosting company, and they're typically called something like: ns1.ariadomains.com, ns2.ariadomains.com, etc. The name servers help a client determine your host's IP address given your domain name. If you bought the domain name and the hosting from the same company, at the same time, this should have been done for you.

BTW, what is your domain name?
    This is the message I got. My domain is flowryder_dot_com
    I appreciate the help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Originally posted by HostNexus Mike
    Flowrider,

Have you contacted the host for help?

Also, what is your domain name so we can do a WHOIS on it and see the nameservers. That may help us to help you.

First though, email support at ariadomain and ask for assistance.

- HostNexus Mike
    Hi Mike.
    thanks. My domain is flowryder.com and I have one open ticket with aria but so far no response. I sent is yesterday.

Your domain is pointing at their nameservers, ns2 and ns3.ariadomain.com, but it appears that they haven't configured them for your domain yet.

So I guess that I'm just impatient then? With the speed of the net you would think that these things happen in real time.

So I guess that I'm just impatient then?
    No. The welcome email said 24 hours. Keep bugging their support, this should be fixed quickly.

I just added a reply to the initial ticket. I'm hoping for a reply sooner rather than later.

Thanks for the help everyone. I was worried that it was something I was missing on my end.

I have an open ticket STILL!!! It's been 6 days and still no reply at all. I have since registered another domain and gotten hosting from 123EZ Hosting. All said and done it too all of 30minutes to be up and running with them. As soon as I can I'm moving my domains from Aria.

I guess it is time to switch host ;-)
    Dualnic.com | Connectivity. Stability. Reliability.
    Web Hosting & Reselling Since 2003
    "Our pricing may not beat the industry giants, but our service will"

Originally posted by flowrider
    I have an open ticket STILL!!! It's been 6 days and still no reply at all. I have since registered another domain and gotten hosting from 123EZ Hosting. All said and done it too all of 30minutes to be up and running with them. As soon as I can I'm moving my domains from Aria.
    How many tickets do you have in there? If only one, try sending another. At the bottom, attach a little message like "Also I've been waiting for almost a week on a response to ticket numbe XXX-YYY-ZZZZ" etc. That may get you a little push on the situation.
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management • Search Engine Optimization • Pay Per Click • Email Marketing

Originally posted by RefreshNet
    How many tickets do you have in there? If only one, try sending another. At the bottom, attach a little message like "Also I've been waiting for almost a week on a response to ticket numbe XXX-YYY-ZZZZ" etc. That may get you a little push on the situation.
    That's a good idea. I only have one ticket open as we speak. I'll try that and let you know if it helps.

Ask for a refund and move on maybe? Just a thought.

- HN Mike
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog

Get a refund and move on. If they are unable to deliver what they guarantee now, how can you trust them in the future.

I have just emailed them requesting a refund. Hopefully they'll respond to that one.

Hello.

Actually, you seem to be a very patient person. I would love having a customer as patient as you. But, this much patience should not be required. Though it takes the domain approximately 24-72 hours to propagate, setting up the account should be immediate (if not within 24 hours).

I don't mean to say that the hosting provider you are dealing with is "bad," but perhaps you may want to go ahead and move on (stick to a different host) even if this host gets your account working.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
    Zeniors.com

Just to let those know who said propagation takes 24-72 hours, it now actually takes only several minutes in most cases, due to the rapid DNS update back in September of last year. I know this is true at least for all TLDs under control by Verisign, and since your domain is a dot com (which Verisign controls), propagation should be near instant.
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Including an RSS feed that you can syndicate!
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Unlimited vs. Unmetered bandwidth

Hmmm. Like I said in a previous post, I'm now using 123EZ Hosting out of Kelowna, BC, Canada. They are somewhat local in that they're in Canada and I registered another domain with them as well. What I would like is for the domains that I registered with Aria to be transfered to 123 if that's possible before 6 months. If I get a refund from Aria (still no reply and I'm not hopeful) will the domains that I registered go back into the pool? If they do I would like to reregister them through 123EZ Hosting.

123 EZ hosting has been a revelation compared to Aria. Every email and ticket has been dealt with promptly even over the long week with a Statutory holiday we had here recently. Great people there!

Hello.

Yes domain propagation does take a mere minutes now. However, I prefer to say "24-72 hours" simply to stay on the safe side. Sometimes it can simply be a surfer's cache that will trick them into believing that the domain has not yet propgated.

Because Aria has already registered the domain, you will have to transfer it to another domain registrar. Many registrars offer a free year if you transfer your domain so you may want to consider checking that out.

I doubt that there is such a thing as a refund on a domain purchase. (honestly, I wouldn't know..just a guess)

It seems ridiculous that you have yet to receive a response from Aria. You may want to just disregard the concept of a refund for now and focus on simply getting your domain transferred to a more reliable registrar.

Once again, just my 2 cents.

Regards,
    Zeniors.com

Zenoirs,
    I have given up completely on Aria. I don't think they could get any worse for sure. I'm such a n00b that I'm not even sure how to transfer my domain to another carrier. Is that when I change my DNS settings? Sorry for being so ignorant but I'm learning!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast