Thread: VPS Problem

VPS Problem

I have a problem with my VPS Server. I am a web designer, and when I design sites using PHP & MySQL I am often uploading pages multiple times in a minute. Sometimes up to 4 or 5 pages a minute. The problem I'm having, is that after doing this for around 20-30 minutes, my FTP access fails and I get a message saying Connection Lost from my FTP Software. At the same time, cPanel and WHM also become inaccessable and I get "This page cannot be found error messages". Meanwhile, all the sites continue to work fine. I have contacted my VPS provider and they say they can't find any problems but something must be wrong? I can't be overloading it with that sort of use surely?!?!?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    The Complete Client Management, Billing & Support System

In order to even begin to think about this, I would need a bit more info - such as what ftp server are you running on the VPS?

Have you looked in the logs to see if there is any hints at what is going on?

what do you do to rectify the problem? reboot/restart/ it just comes good?
    CPanel Shared and Reseller Hosting, OpenVZ VPS Hosting. West Coast (LA) Servers and Nodes
    Running Linux since 1.0.8 Kernel!
    Providing Internet Services since 1995 and Hosting Since 2004

The VPS is running Pure-FTPd - my VPS Provider changed it to this after I opened a support ticket a few days ago about the problem but this hasn't solved it.

They also say there is nothing in the logs and I had a look and couldn't see anything either so it really has got me baffled. And the weirdest thing is that I don't have to do anything to fix it, just give it 5-10 minutes and it starts working again.
    The Complete Client Management, Billing & Support System

Are you of the VPS provider running any sort of firewall?

Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon