Congress May Limit Combat Roles for Women

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...nse_bill_women

Not sure why try and limit women from combat roles. Women are as good as guys in most things.

Re: Congress May Limit Combat Roles for Women

Originally posted by Torith
    http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...nse_bill_women

Not sure why try and limit women from combat roles. Women are as good as guys in most things.
    I can not agree to that statement.. Men are Men, Women are Women thats the nature of creation..

Maybe women can be trained to be like men, but not naturally.

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

I can not agree to that statement.. Men are Men, Women are Women thats the nature of creation..

Maybe women can be trained to be like men, but not naturally.

Peace,
    Muslims generally feel women aren't good enough to vote or do many things that men are able to do, but does it make it right? If a woman wants to join the arm forces she should be able to choose what duties she wants to perform. I've known women out there who are just as strong as men and violent. It wouldn't be wise to cross my great grandma in her younger days... she would cut you with a knife and she would beat up the law. I even know of one incident where they were drinking and the guy dared her to shoot him, so she pulled out a .22 pistol and shot him in the gut. Do you think she was able to perform in the military and do it just as well like a man? You can beat your *** she could and would do a good job.
    Kerry Jones

There is a psychological thing here too. If a man on the front lines sees a fellow man die, it will affect him differently than if he sees a fellow woman die.

If a man is captured in the line of duty, they may be tortured. If a woman is captured, she may be tortured and raped.

When you are fighting in close quarters, a sense of comradarie is formed between soldiers. That closeness may be taken advantage of in male/female relationships.

A woman may be able to perform the same tasks as a man, but that doesnt mean it is a good idea to have men and women together in every situation. And it doesnt mean that each situation will be the same for a man/woman (taken prisoner example).

I am sure there are a lot of women who can do this job, and do it quite well. I think over-all, ofcourse more men are better equiped. But saying *all* women, can't do the job.. is insane.
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / We Filter out the Bad Leads and Send you the Good ones!
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / Automated Lead Funnel Service

Originally posted by amish_geek
    There is a psychological thing here too. If a man on the front lines sees a fellow man die, it will affect him differently than if he sees a fellow woman die.

If a man is captured in the line of duty, they may be tortured. If a woman is captured, she may be tortured and raped.

When you are fighting in close quarters, a sense of comradarie is formed between soldiers. That closeness may be taken advantage of in male/female relationships.

A woman may be able to perform the same tasks as a man, but that doesnt mean it is a good idea to have men and women together in every situation. And it doesnt mean that each situation will be the same for a man/woman (taken prisoner example).
    There are some good points there, even though most of us tend to not WANT to look at things in this manner. However, it is entirely true. As we are human beings, we are faulted and fall to many temptations.

However, all that should be done is to warn women of the possibilities and worst-case special scenarios that apply to them.

IMHO, women can make excellent soldiers. In fact, in many cases, they can be more ruthless, as long as they are not a stereotypical blonde or flute player.

I don't think women should be restrained from the field they wish to serve in. There should be, however, a few new regulations in accordance to their presence among the opposite sex.
    TS-Host, A Tulip Company - Hosting since 1995! - AS7219
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Bargain Dedicated Servers and High performance Dedicated!
    http://www.ts-host.com/ -@- [email protected] -@- 1-800-977-TOWN

Originally posted by Kerry Jones
    Muslims generally feel women aren't good enough to vote or do many things that men are able to do, but does it make it right?
    before you make generalisations about muslims have a look at this link

http://www.islamonline.net/english/a...rticle07.shtml

<erno> hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping, it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it is.

before you make generalisations about muslims have a look at this link

http://www.islamonline.net/english/a...rticle07.shtml

In many muslim countries women's rights are still suspressed. I notice you didn't mention women aren't allowed to vote in Saudi Arabia and recently a country that has slipped my mind at this time just recently allowed women to vote. I'm glad Iranian women finally get the chance to be police officers and I think it will show they can do a job just like any other men. However, in the muslim world women's rights are still restricted.
    Kerry Jones

How did this thread take a turn into Islam?

As to women in combat roles, before you presume that women can serve in all combat roles I would only ask that you actually look, statistically, at the facts of the matter. It depends upon what kind of combat role you ask women to perform. There are physical differences between men and women that cannot be overlooked by appealing to equality or plattitudes.

I have had women working for me that I had no problem with taking into combat. They were trained in the use of their weapon and could effectively engage (and did engage) enemy forces when their convoys were attacked. I respect women and will not say they have no role in combat. It is not my place to do so.

If you have never experienced, however, the rigors of an actual ground combat unit (line infantry, artillery unit, combat engineers, etc) then you really don't have a feel for the appreciable difference between a unit capable of defending itself and an actual "ground combat" unit. I've been a Marine for 15 years and can outdo most men half my age but my body can barely withstand the rigors of ground combat units anymore. Carrying a 120 lb combat load is very difficult. Physiologically, women just do not have the upper body strength to do much of that work. That is not meant to disparage women, it is just recognizing physical differences between men and women. There are other much more basic issues that, until you've actually ever commanded a mixed unit, you would never understand how having an all male unit de-complicates things and makes combat units much more effective.

I respect everyone's right to an opinion but I frankly don't find all opinions to be of much value unless they take real factors into account that mean much more than "providing opportunities" for people.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

Originally posted by Kerry Jones
    Muslims generally feel women aren't good enough to vote or do many things that men are able to do, but does it make it right? If a woman wants to join the arm forces she should be able to choose what duties she wants to perform. I've known women out there who are just as strong as men and violent. It wouldn't be wise to cross my great grandma in her younger days... she would cut you with a knife and she would beat up the law. I even know of one incident where they were drinking and the guy dared her to shoot him, so she pulled out a .22 pistol and shot him in the gut. Do you think she was able to perform in the military and do it just as well like a man? You can beat your *** she could and would do a good job.
    Just on a small note. Islam was the first culture/religion to allow women to vote/education and fight wars. Something which was out of question at western society at that time..

But things do change, and yes the Muslim soceity is kinda backwarded since they decided not to follow their religion.

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...