Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does WHT have any affects on your business

I was just wondering if anybody finds WHT has any Good/Bad effects on your webhosting company, ive heard a few different opinions it would be intresting to know what you think
    Regards

Do you mean as far as advertising on WHT, contributing to the WHT community through posts and having your company in your signature, or just questions and comments about your company on WHT?

I havent sold from it but It is a wonderfull resourse to learn from. I have learned so much from the big guys

I meant to say do such things as clients posting inaccurate reviews affect your sales etc etc

If you handel that process right inaccurate reviews can only help your business as its easy to prove them wrong in most cases.

Ideally a forum should stand for an open forum where business ideas are exchanged and discussed candidly.
    In a forum every person takes their ownership of their contributions and everyone's opinion should be weighed.

I personaly experience that WHT is leading towards its height of success with above qualities.
    However I like to add suggestion to WHT to take close watch on client posting for inaccurate reviews and multiple post and add a special topics for the guideline for especially the newbie's.

Originally posted by Naz.A
    I meant to say do such things as clients posting inaccurate reviews affect your sales etc etc
    I'll let you know when I even see a post about my company
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management • Search Engine Optimization • Pay Per Click • Email Marketing

Hi,

I have not yet made any sales through WHT, but obviously that is not the idea, the sole purpose is to contribute, discuss and help out where possible. If I was aiming to advertise from WHT, I would choose some of their marketing solutions.

Overall WHT has taught me a lot and I have been able to learn from various situations which others have been faced with, and in the long run its help me improve my relations with clients.

Inaccurate reviews are not always a negative thing as long as the situation is resolved appropriately.
    Tahir Ahmed
    NetspaceOnline.net - Reliable Personal Web Site Hosting & Business Web Hosting Solutions!
    NSDomains.net - Our Dedicated Domain Registration & Management Portal!
    • Reseller Hosting Solutions • Linux Plesk 8 Control Panel • Provding Quality Hosting Since 2001

Originally posted by RefreshNet
    I'll let you know when I even see a post about my company
    I'll second that Your business must be going very good then!

I find WHT to be a good place for all to contribute and share their individual experiences (good or bad), their knowledge etc..

And if you are offering a good service, people will definately like to contribute their good experiences over here which will definately bring you good customers.

All this is interlinked.. if people criticize, then you have a chance to improve yourself.

Rather then trying to use WHT as an advertising medium, I suggest to keep doing your good work, and it will definately pay you good !

Although there are other advertising forums here which you can use to promote your sales. But the word of mouth publicity that you gain on main forums has a very different and BIG effect.
    Then you will notice, how WHT increases your sales

All of my customers never heard of WHT, or at least never visit so no it doesn't affect my business. However I must say it's good to be able to talk to other Hosters and learn from their experiences and share mine in return.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed and Self-Managed hosting solutions
    Toll free: 1.888.915.4400 / Local: 1.514.316.1885 / Live chat
    Cloud VPS Hosting

A good or even a neutral review on WHT usually results in quite a few sales. I wouldn't be too concerned with people posting inaccurate reviews, after all you can't please everybody.

I'm actually very interested to see how effective our banner campaign on WHT will be. My guess is that the banners themselves will not bring too many sales; however if they get enough attention and people start talking...that might be quite effective.

Originally posted by etechsupport2
    Ideally a forum should stand for an open forum where business ideas are exchanged and discussed candidly.
    In a forum every person takes their ownership of their contributions and everyone's opinion should be weighed.

Yep - wht is a mash of humanity.
    . . . to take close watch on client posting for inaccurate reviews . . .

Yep, the mods are vigilant with reviews etc. They ask the right questions and do what they can.
    . . . and add a special topics for the guideline for especially the newbie's.
    The WHT rules would be a good place to start with that.
    • AussieHost.com • Aussie Bob, host since 2001 •
    • Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!! •

Originally posted by AdWatcher-Eugene
    . . . I'm actually very interested to see how effective our banner campaign on WHT will be. My guess is that the banners themselves will not bring too many sales; however if they get enough attention and people start talking...that might be quite effective.
    Yeah, maybe report back in a few mths and let us know how the campaign went? I have a feeling that your campaign would be good for branding, and not so much for immediate sales.

I guess if your targeted audience is business segment (i.e. selling control panels, Ad management soft, e-commerce services) - you can benefit a lot by getting positive feedback at WHT.
    If you are a hosting company - you still benefit by getting new ideas, watching other players and sharing experience.

Another great thing - usually people from WHT are owners or TOP managers - so you get information from the first source.

WHT is simply the best .

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    Yeah, maybe report back in a few mths and let us know how the campaign went? I have a feeling that your campaign would be good for branding, and not so much for immediate sales.
    I agree. Which is why we're experimenting with the banners. We have 3 of them rotating up there and only one of them advertises our main product. One of them offers a free 42 page report on online marketing that we've developed and the last one advertises the book that we've published. Basically I'm hoping that the campaign will bring a lot of leads rather than a few sales.

We have several million impressions so it'll take a while before we run out. In any case, I will definitely report the progress in a few months.
    Last edited by AdWatcher-Eugene; 05-19-2005 at 06:38 PM.

I'm not sure how WHT will directly affect your business if you're offering web hosting, but if you're offering services TO web hosts, it works quite well (I know it does for us with our backup services).

Indirectly, WHT provides a wealth of knowledge, and allows hosts to see what the hosting industry is really like.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

Myself i find WHT as a resource for information, But it sometimes seems as if some people just use it for advertising, However i doubt theres no problems attached with that, It seems as if alot of hosts arent too bothered about people posting reviews which are "So not true".
    Good Day

As most have already said, it depends on your target market and also your own value what is said here.

21. I can even confirm with you that negative reviews are also good for business, contrary to popular belief. They are just not as effective as positive reviews.
    Moral of the story:
    Reviews, whether good or bad, bring in sales because they raise awareness and exposure.

Originally posted by AdWatcher-Eugene
    A good or even a neutral review on WHT usually results in quite a few sales.
    What you can do with Cpanel ------------------> |||||
    What you can do with Cpanel XP+CpanelAPP -------> ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Your competitors are cashing in with Cpanel XP & CpanelAPP, are you?

2 of my clients contacted me through WHT and we are togather since almost 6 months now
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Dedicated Servers • Domain Names
    Custom Web Development • Mobile Application Development • SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

Originally posted by [email protected]
    I can even confirm with you that negative reviews are also good for business, contrary to popular belief.
    Like headsurfer said - just spell my name right.

Sounds Cool, I just wanted to know if fake reviews have any effects, But it seems it dosent thats a good thing.
    Regards

My biz is localised and so effects is negligible. My gains are mainly knowledge, better technical and resource management from learning from others in the forums. One unexpected prob is sign up by vietnam fraudsters instead quite substantially.

Originally posted by boonchuan
    . . . My gains are mainly knowledge, better technical and resource management from learning from others in the forums.
    Bingo!

There is the true power of WHT for any host. It's the advantage of being involved with hundreds (thousands?) of other hosts, all contributing towards a collective of knowledge/information.

Can you imagine running your hosting business if you didn't have somewhere like WHT to come and learn/interact/bounce ideas of others? It would be mightly lonely, and you would learn at a much reduced rate.

Yup, WHT affects my knowledge of the industry. Sales? Eh, not for my market.

Bingo!

There is the true power of WHT for any host. It's the advantage of being involved with hundreds (thousands?) of other hosts, all contributing towards a collective of knowledge/information.

Can you imagine running your hosting business if you didn't have somewhere like WHT to come and learn/interact/bounce ideas of others? It would be mightly lonely, and you would learn at a much reduced rate.
    I suppose it would your right, It seems WHT is used by alot of advertisers asswell as the normal stuff, Not saying theres anything wrong with that but i see alot of bad reviews which seem a bit biased but it seems as if companies around hear like that kinda stuff
    Regards

I got a few fraud signups thanks to wht :p
    but no real signups.

But WHT has a lot of help on how to run a hosting buisness, from the client to the technical aspects

WHT i guess has just given me more awareness on some issues and I have been able to learn off the experiences of others. I generally try to stay quiet when posting unless I feel I can actually contribute something.

Doing a search I have no reviews on WHT and I dont consider this a bad thing, as most end users dont know or dont need to know about WHT as it does not affect them. Most of my customers have been with me for 1-2 years and I think in that time I have had maybe 5 support tickets so we must be doing something right.

Its nice to be able to share information and tactics/ideas for your business in a more friendly environment with people who are 75% your competitors, and not have that interfere.

Wink

To think of it in a good way, the "glass is half full" mentality. Previously we were totally unknown, at least now some fraudsters know us and willing to sign up. Not too bad
    Originally posted by Eoin
    I got a few fraud signups thanks to wht :p
    but no real signups.

But WHT has a lot of help on how to run a hosting buisness, from the client to the technical aspects

Originally posted by Staticserver
    . . . Its nice to be able to share information and tactics/ideas for your business in a more friendly environment with people who are 75% your competitors, and not have that interfere.
    Yep, but although there are some bad apples in the mix, all and all it's nice and friendly, and a great place to network.

I am not a host, so the question isn't necessarily directed at me, but I do have something to share: WHT has affected me positively in so many ways that I can't really count.

I consider WHT the place of my "apprenticeship" for what will one day be my own business to be proud of (not necessarily hosting though). In the past 1.5 - 2 years I've learned so much from the people running succesful hosting and hosting related businesses, that I would have never dreamed to achieve in the real world (living in a country that is still struggleing to create a truly functional market economy).

Also, WHT has been probably the most attractive school I've ever attended.

i think the clients that will come from WHT are probaly the more experienced ones, Im glad to hear alot more people say that they use WHT as a resource for information and to share there experiences.
    Yay for WHT

Originally posted by ldcdc
    . . . I consider WHT the place of my "apprenticeship" for what will one day be my own business to be proud of (not necessarily hosting though).
    whreviews.com is one of the most honest hosting index sites there is. You have heaps of great info there, and I would consider that site a success, although I'm not aware of the money side etc.

Pat yourself on the back Dan for a job well done!
    You've obviously seen my photo.

I naver use any forum before WHT is the first forum I used and it really help me a lot. Found many topics which help me too much and posted few problems and WHT members help me.

WHT is the greate network on the net.

I am not a host, so the question isn't necessarily directed at me, but I do have something to share: WHT has affected me positively in so many ways that I can't really count.

I consider WHT the place of my "apprenticeship" for what will one day be my own business to be proud of (not necessarily hosting though). In the past 1.5 - 2 years I've learned so much from the people running succesful hosting and hosting related businesses, that I would have never dreamed to achieve in the real world (living in a country that is still struggleing to create a truly functional market economy).

I would agree with that, And yeah ive learned alot from WHT, more than i possibly would on a colleage course or similar.

Learn a great deal from unselfish people who did not hesitate to share their experiences and expertise. This is a fantastic forum with experts of all types.

BTW Aussie Bob, I just eaten a S$2 dumpling, would be a great pity to throw it out. Trying very hard not to : )

PS : Reason why I didnt put my photo was because I am a very considerate person, dun want the WHT forum to be overloaded......

You've obviously seen my photo.

[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast