* MY Server IS down I Need To move my site to new server

hi i got one server its have one forum now its down i need to move my forum to new server u know guys how to move the forum to new server ?

Are you moving from C-Panel to C-Panel or something similar? DO you have a backup if your old server is down?

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

Backup the DB and files... upload them and make sure your connection string is correct and then change your name servers. The host you move to may be able to assist with this and also provide a test URL to make sure the config is correct. With the site being down now that wouldnt be worth using though.

Is you site down due to a server issue for definate or is it a config error? It might be worth double checking that to save you moving the site and still have it broken if something isnt configured correctly.
    -- Matthew

yes my old server is no band. with ithat server is come back 1/6/2005 i got back up files.

but i need to move my forum to new server that i dont know how to move my forum.

thats a probles with me

What forum are you running? vBulletin, Snitz, phpBB or something else? What is the database type? MySQL, Access, MS SQL?
    -- Matthew

Thumbs up

its phpbb forum and databse MsQL

if u want i will send all details for in the email can u move it for me plzz i am belive u no problem with that

can u move its for me

that old server is come back on 1/6/2005

i will send all details in 1/6/2005 ok

that old server is free server i buye now snew server i need to move that forum to new server thats all

You may want to hire an admin to do the move/restore for you.
    crucialparadigm - Affordable, Reliable, Professional :
    Web Hosting
    24/7 Support • Web Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Cloud/VPS Plans • Dedicated Servers •

Yeah, I hate to say, but there's no way I would touch moving that forum with a 20 foot pole.

I also really wonder about someone who would open up that kind of access to complete strangers here on WHT...

Wish you best of luck; sounds like you'll need it...

(And I know how swimming in deep water feels -- I ask my fair share of questions that show I'm not a Linux geek yet (I'm learning, I'm learning :-) )

(Edit: What I forgot to say is that at least if you hire someone, they have a vested interest in getting the job done right, possibly moreso than someone who decides to help you out of the goodness of their heart. I would be afraid to move you forum, simply because if I screwed something up, you'd be angry at me, you know? heh.)
    Last edited by Isaac.Eiland-Hall; 05-19-2005 at 08:34 PM.

PHPBB is very easy to move. Simply go to their website and check out their documentation.
    They will tell you everything about it. As for moving the database, contact your host or find some tutorials somewhere.

Thumbs up

Originally posted by crucialx
    You may want to hire an admin to do the move/restore for you.
    not like that realy ok no prpblem plzz move for me thats all

my old server is coming back very soon its come back i will send u all details ok

THANKS

Uhh, that's probably not too clever, even though you don't seem to care much, you should listen to everybodies replies, and you should really consider hiring somebody if the forum is important to you.

If you still don't care, then just google around for maybe ... 15 seconds, and you can find a quick tutorial on how to move phpBB to a new location.

Why should anyone here do it for you? What do they get for it? Our time is worth something too. If you want work done, pay for it. Or, learn how to do it yourself, like the rest of us have done.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.