using paypal for simple ecommerce

hello,

Im new to ecommerce and wanted to setup a website that sells only one product. I have used paypal before, but never for ecommerce. My question is, what kind of account do I need with them? I already have an account with my credit card, but I would liek a seprate account for this webstie. Will I need a new credit card to do this? Also, I do not want my name to be displayed anywhere on the paypal invoices/emails that customers see. I would rather have it display my website/company name. What are my options here? Any help would be really apprecaited. Thanks in advance.

You could upgrade your current account to a business account to have it displays your business' name instead of your name. Each person can has 1 personal account and 1 business account

thanks for the reply. My personal account right now is a merchant account. If I upgrade to the business account, will it ask to add a new email and business name? I dont want customers to be abel to link my business with my personal account/info in any way.

Im not exactly clear on how it will all work together. Will I have to change my default email address in my personal merchant account?

Also, is there any minimum balnace or reoccuring fees with the bsuiness account?

you can add another email address to your Paypal account and change it to your default address.

For the fees, you can go here
    https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...=_display-fees

well the problem i see here is that everytime i use my personal account, i will need to swtich the default email address correct?

you can have two paypal accounts.

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr...p-ext&eloc=140

Reading this I had question that do I tend to lose business if I have only a Paypal Account and not a Credit Card Payment Gateway.

I have a site under construction which I am planning only to integrate with Paypal but not a Payment Gateway like 2chekout.

Wire

Originally posted by kaggz1227
    well the problem i see here is that everytime i use my personal account, i will need to swtich the default email address correct?
    if you want 2 accounts, then you will need to sign up for a seperate one

Originally posted by DecentHost
    if you want 2 accounts, then you will need to sign up for a seperate one
    thsi is what I planned on doing originally, hwoever can I do this under one credit card? I remember in the past there was soem system that checked if you entered a credit card number of a different user.

do you even need to put a credit card on file when making a business account?

you will need a different credit card or a different bank account to sign up for another Paypal account

Originally posted by DecentHost
    you will need a different credit card or a different bank account to sign up for another Paypal account
    yeah i figured.

thanks for the help

no problem

13. Hi.

Sometimes what happens with a 3rd party processor like Paypal is that because your customer has to leave your site and go to theirs to make the payment, it is possible that some sales may be lost in the process.

If you have a true merchant account, the process of making a payment appears as a seamless transaction on your site, and many less steps for your customer.

It might be a good idea to research both options to see what is the best solution for your business.

Good luck!