Need advice/referral to a new host

Hi,

I need some advice/referral for a new reseller host.

I am looking for a reliable reseller host for under $15 and for $15-$20 (I want to know the benefits of adding $5) monthly.

My current host have some issue that they cannot resolve and I have to make immediate decision on a new reseller host.

Thanks very much.

Hello kopi,

May I ask who your current host is and what sort of problems you are having?

You may want to take a look in the offers forum or try using the host quote feature in this forum...

I’m with affordablehost.com. The most recent issue was they rejected my credit card payment. I've been using the same credit card to pay for their services since I signed up (19 December 2003).

Other problems were down times, script related, etc. They’re all add up to my decision to change host.

You can take a look at varhosting and try their service 60 days which hace money back guarantee
    www.v5hosting.com
    Making Hosting Simple
    - Always Learning...Thank you for all those helping.

Hi Kopi,

Sounds like the typical problems experienced with a "discount" reseller provider..

There are a few relaible providers in that price range, but really, its tough to make the numbers work as a provider in that range, so these sorts of issues usually pop-up..

If you can afford to up your budget to $30 US or so, you will probably increase the liklihood of finding a happy home...

i second that, i learned the hard way. i'm paying 22.95 now with site5. if all goes well for the next few months, i'll switch to annual and pay only 19.95 for 4gb space/60gb bandwidth. if the service continues to be great, it's worth it.
    ..::: The quality of a person's future life will be determined by their current and past behavior. :::..

you can try almost any known company for at least 7 days...

try companys like varhostin, site5, hostgator, RZ, zoneserv...
    voltage

Lots of good and reputable resell hosting providers here at WHT. Look around, check some past posts. You will lilely find one easy enough.

- HostNexus Mike
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog

One thing I can add, beyond asking/looking for past reviews: for reseller hosting it is good to go with a company that has a certain amount of experience in this market or, at the very least, a seemingly sustainable business plan. Along with ownership changes, bad planning and insufficient experience are some of the main causes for deteriorating reseller hosting service levels -- which no reseller wants.

If you can afford to up your budget to $30 US or so, you will probably increase the liklihood of finding a happy home...
    Andrew (CartikaHosting) is right that very low priced reseller plans have higher associated risks because there is a certain minimum price level from where the profit is simply not there (for the provider). However, even $30 can be too little if the space and data transfer requirements are disproportionately large.

That said, I'm sure you'll do fine in selecting a host to stay with for a long while. Good luck!

Don't bother with Varhosting. They may have been good months ago, but right now now the uptime is so big a lemon that they are peeling the rhind of it.

I've been with them for just over a month, and already i've experienced downtime, not just lasting minutes, but HOURS. It's not just coincidental and limited to one server either, it seems to be right across the board, i've already been moved onto a different server and currently...yep you've guessed it, it's been down for 2 hours.

So if you want anything reliable, or if you aim to build a good reputation with your own hosting clients, Varhosting would be the LAST company I would be looking at.

I agree with chris ..they are no good ..server crashes everyday and iam stuck up with them making a quarterly payment. ..is there a place we can review hosts based on there performance ? Let me know if you guys know !

Originally posted by ldcdc
    for reseller hosting it is good to go with a company that has a certain amount of experience in this market or, at the very least, a seemingly sustainable business plan.
    That is very good advice. Go for a company with at least 12 months under their belt. Any company that can last at least 12 months is worth looking into.
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.

I always look in this price category as well
    but it seems that comes with a price

I've been with gazzin
    and now with varhosting

varhosting is far better than gazzin but every day my uptime monitors seem to record short outages of no more than 2 mins...

but this happening every day is quite annoying...

furthermore I'm from europe and I'm totally not pleased with network performance coming from the planet datacenter

support and staff is very friendly though at varhosting
    and with them and I'll probably stay with them a little longer as I consider this growing temporary issues (Hopefully getting fixed within few weeks)

they've had great reviews here the last few months
    only the last few weeks have been different

Hi psykik,

The problem you have experienced happen months ago with the server you were on. However all is taken care of. All of our servers maintain a 99.9% uptime on all active services. This is why there is no post / complaints regarding our service. However, I see quite alot of rants / great comments on varhosting which is great.

Furthermore, our activity on webhostingtalk has reduced greatly all of our target market is seeked elsewhere due to the fact most of the activity that occurs are usually company bashing upon each other or other immature activity. I am here to defend our image of our company as that statement is a fallacy. Another reason why we no longer target webhostingtalk customers.
    Psychz Networks - Enterprise Servers & Data Center Professionals
    ★24/7 On-Site Support - Premium Server Hardware
    ★Facilities: Los Angeles, CA - Dallas, TX | Tier-4 Data Centers
    ★Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Psychz DDoS-Shield™ On-Premise Mitigation

Originally posted by clanosiris

Furthermore, our activity on webhostingtalk has reduced greatly all of our target market is seeked elsewhere due to the fact most of the activity that occurs are usually company bashing upon each other or other immature activity. I am here to defend our image of our company as that statement is a fallacy. Another reason why we no longer target webhostingtalk customers.
    Hello Clanosiris,

There are many excellent quality customers which can be acquired from WHT. Every single customer we have received from this forum is of the highest standard and quality...

Rather then blaming WHT and its visitors for the quality of clients you are receiving, I would start by looking at your pricing structure.

Shared Reseller 1 Plan
    $6.95
    3500mb Disk Space
    55000mb data transfer

I would say this has a larger influence on your target audience and "quality" of customer vs WHT...

Hi CartikaHosting,

This has nothing to do with putting blame on WHT. Im merely stating it gotten to the point that most of the bashing occurs here.

Yes there is great customers that we have here but we rather focus on other aspects as WHT is only a fraction of the internet.

I am not saying all bashing occurs just we do not want to deal with it. It is our fault if our server malfunction or what not. They have a right to complain which I dont mind.

However, there are some that are quite immature. With that said we havent had any problems with stability for several months already as we have learn from our past experience.
    Psychz Networks - Enterprise Servers & Data Center Professionals
    ★24/7 On-Site Support - Premium Server Hardware
    ★Facilities: Los Angeles, CA - Dallas, TX | Tier-4 Data Centers
    ★Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Psychz DDoS-Shield™ On-Premise Mitigation

Iam planning now to shift to incognitonetworks.com . Any feedback on this company ? I'll rather have feedback 1st this time than burning my hands like i did with varhosting . Just to update , my sites give gateway timeout from 3 different locations while i send this message ..pathetic service !!!

From what I heard they do not have a 24/7 tech team. But do your research.
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | GigePipe - High Bandwidth Servers | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    Los Angeles, CA (US West) | Dallas, TX (US East) | Ashburn, VA (US East)