Arrow Where can I find a good hosting company?

Hello, freinds

Im trying to find a good webhosting company I dont need that many MB for my site at all I was looking at these site can someone please tell me if they are any good or any sugestion on what company that you know of is good.

I tooked a look at but I dont like there control panel for some reason, I looked at netfirm and signed up for a free account but I was limited to the things that I can do and plus they advertise all over my pages. I also signed up with for there free account but it only allowed me to have 40mb, the only good thing about them is that they have the cpanel control to use with the free account. Is there any good hosting comanys out there there for about 200 or 300mb of space for a good price, if so please list them for me if posibble.

Thank You.

Chicago, Illinois

I think you will find alot of very good hosting providers here at WHT. Take a look at the offers section here

Good luck with your search.

Thank You

Thank You for your help

Hi! yonito,

Welcome to WHT

You are right, cPanel is one of the most feature-rich and popular control panel. And its also the most widely used hence easily available with hosts..

There are several good cPanel hosts out there.. what is your budget? Normally the hosting packages from good hosts are available in 8-11$ per month range..
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers -

EU - east side
    yonito, with a bit of search, you can determine yourself which hosts deserve your trust and which don't.

What you need to do is make yourself a list of some 20 hosts (or maybe more) and then do proper research on them.

To make a list of hosts you can use the offers forum mentioned by wcws, , and other similar tools/sites.

Once your list is done, start doing searches for each company name and look for reviews from actual customers using

To narrow your search you can use "hostname review" as a search phrase (without the quotes) or select the Titles Only option. can sometimes help find reviews as well.

After this you should be able to narrow your search to 5-10 companies. Start emailing them to clear up anything that you find unclear on their site. Even if evrything is clear, send them a few fake questions to determine their responsiveness and general attitude.

Your goal should be to eliminate more hosts and have 2-4, maybe 5 hosts on your list. Take another closer look at these final hosts and try to determine the one for you.

If the decision proves too hard to make, start a new thread here asking for more feedback on those final hosts. For better results, I recommend you put the names of the hosts in the thread's title.

If you still can't decide, I recommend you use a dice or flip a coin.

Good luck!

Fairborn, ohio
    Best of luck in your search! - Shared cpanel hosting, 99.9% uptime.
    10 min average ticket responses, softaculous, rvsitebuilder, and more!
    Reliable, affordable shared hosting. I Mean Web Hosting!

yes, you have got some good advice here.
    Check the offer section of WHT . Try "Shared and reseller hosting offers"
    Good luck

Thank you so much for the advise

Hi Yonito,

You may find that smaller hosts are just as good as the larger big-boy hosts such as, 1& and so on, but smaller hosts tend to be a little more flexible and provide that sometimes needed 1 on 1 support.

Be sure to check out member signatures as you may find a suitable host there too, be sure to research and test the host until you feel it is the right one for you.

At the end of the day, there is always a host to cater for everyone’s individual needs, but understand that you do get what you pay for, so if you’re looking for lots of space you should be prepared to fork out a little extra.

Don’t fall for the unlimited gimmick that some hosts use, once you read the fine print you will realise its not as unlimited as you may have first thought.

Best of luck with your search.
    Tahir Ahmed - Reliable Personal Web Site Hosting & Business Web Hosting Solutions! - Our Dedicated Domain Registration & Management Portal!
    • Reseller Hosting Solutions • Linux Plesk 8 Control Panel • Provding Quality Hosting Since 2001

It's really not easy to find a host that you will be confident with and that will stay in business. I've seen so many companies starting in web hosting and stopping business after a few month, leaving customers.

I suggest you choose from a company which is there for a while and have good customer support, by phone, email and even ICQ or MSN ! Which, you'll agree, is usefull !

Good luck with your search.

<<Signature removed. Please read the rules.>>
    Last edited by ldcdc; 05-19-2005 at 11:23 AM.

There is a lot of factors in finding a good web hosting company.

There is a lot of good companys out there. Also there is a lot of bad ones. Sometimes a good company becomes bad becuase of one person only or with a bad experience with a certain issue.

I have tried some large and small companies in the past. They all were good except one ( They did not have any understanding to the nature of business). As I said before, The web hosting business depends on a lot of factors, and the best is who can keep the customer smiling all the time.

The best way to find one is from your own experience with them.

Best wishes, - High Quality and affordable Web Hosting Solutions.
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting and much more...