hyperspin.com / monitoringservice.net.. Spam you very much

YourServerHere.com
    DOWN at May 18 2005 02:51 PM (GMT -5:00)
    Err: cannot connect to port 80

Tired of poor web site performance? Switch to our preferred hosting
    partner and experience the difference. 3 Month Trial just $1.

http://www.hyperspin.com/link/b7z4

Upgrade to Professional Monitoring for only $1.95/mo

http://www.hyperspin.com/link/b6z3
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone else received these....? I've gotten 3 Emails now, for every server that I run.. quite a lot of spam comming from one place. Time to forward this to ThePlanet abuse...
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / We Filter out the Bad Leads and Send you the Good ones!
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / Automated Lead Funnel Service
      0 Not allowed!

Its a novel approach but definitly spammy esp if you didn't signup for the monitoring

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
      0 Not allowed!

I admit.. it caught my attention, "Oh crap.. what server is down!??!" from my initial reading it. Then saw it was this URL, and not the company we use... oh well.

I already opened up an Abuse Ticket with ThePlanet and its being investigated.
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / We Filter out the Bad Leads and Send you the Good ones!
      0 Not allowed!

Hm I wonder if they have resellers doing that? I never have received anything from Hyperspin as far as spam. But we do use their services
      0 Not allowed!

You receive them if you use the free service...

I upgraded to paid and haven't received them since, just disable your free account if you don't want them.
      0 Not allowed!

Those emails are NOT spam. You only receive them if you have a server monitored with us.

I found a free account based on the server name provided to us in a separate email. The account was created at Nov 29 2004 11:59 AM, and we have the client's IP records if you want to know whether it was you. (I'll soon send you the username and password to let you examine the account)

Except up/down notifications, all emails from us carry the following notice:
    As a user of Hyperspin.com, you agree to the Service Agreement to receive service announcements via email. If you are unwilling to receive future email from us, you can stop using our service by closing your account.
    We apologize if you have been distressed by this incident, and are more than happy to assist in stopping the email. (Please check out and reply to the email I sent you)
      0 Not allowed!

I am going to apologize about this. Yes I did sign up for a free account, which was a while ago and did not remember about this.

I have already contacted ThePlanet to close the Abuse ticket, and sincerely apologized to hyperspin, which I am doing once again. It was an error on my part to jump to conclusions and I am sorry for this.

Moderator please close this ticket, as this has been resolved... a bone head mistake on my part
      0 Not allowed!

RealtorHost, thanks for the clarification. We are glad that this issue is solved peacefully
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by RealtorHost

Moderator please close this ticket, as this has been resolved...
    Okay!
      0 Not allowed!