Billing Software

I am looking for some billing software that is good for a company that sells dedicated servers, hosting and domains. I have a enom and a directi domain reseller account so it needs to work with either of them. It will be even better if it has a support system in it as well.
    Custom Cloud Solutions - innoix.com

did you look at awbs in www.awbs.com ?

I am researching on modernbill. Have read many good threads and features about them.
    Any idea when their new version will be available.
    I am really curious

I have used both, and ModernBill is better. The order forms and wizards in modernbill are far superior.

Is modernbill good for selling servers? because there are a few out there that only do hosting and/or domains.

Yes.. layeredtech make a good use of it..
    It's Scott!

You can sell just about anything with ModernBill. We considered running a very small online store with it.
    Doyle Lewis
    BuyHTTP Internet Services - In business since 2003
    Business Hosting | nginx, CloudLinux, Varnish cache, and CDP with every business account
    Shared, Reseller, Semi Dedicated, VPS, Cloud, Dedicated - We can grow with you

I happen to very much like modernbill. It can integrate right in with domain companys. Download the demo and give it a try I did then I bought It

We recently tried switching over from a custom system to modernbill and find it lacking in so many ways.

First off it does not support mail payments very well at all. And 90% of our corporate accounts pay with check monthly. The problem is that it does not have a way to apply excess payments to other invoices it will only apply it to the next invoice generated. It also does not show this credit to the client when they are logged in to the account. So we get calls saying only part of my payment was applied to my account.

for example: if you have a client that has design invoice, an invoice for hosting service and they pay with one check it gives no option to split the payment.

they offer a "quick payment option that takes forever to scroll though when entering manual payments as it is only sorted by invoice number and not all clients will include the invoice number.

It lacks a proper mail statement/printing system.

We have had strange problems with some emails bouncing because mb add's a "<" before the email address.

Some clients get odd statements with incorrect amounts due sometime in 2006 For instance we had one client that was sent a bill for $1200 due in Feb 2006 we pulled up the account to see what caused it and the invoice number wasn't even in the system and the account had the correct info but for some reason it sent out an email invoice for $1200 to this client.

If for some reason you need to go in and correct a charge you need to go and manually modify the charge in four different places as none of the charges are linked in any way with the statements and mb does not offer a "void" statement/invoice option.

Many other annoying little things that they could easly fix but until they do we have an unlimited license that looks more and more like it's going to be practically useless.

We are still trying to work with mb some because of a few features that it does have however I think that we will be going back to our in-house custom system that costs way to much to maintain.

If you only accept credit card payments I see how mb would be a good solution however with our type of clients that is just not an option.

If anyone has any suggestions on a more complete and professional billing system I would be interested.
    AfterNorth Innovative solutions for tomorrow, today.
    0spam.org AntiSpam for Service Providers
    DotNetInvoice Online Billing Solutions
    Professional Services Since 1996

Thanks for the information everybody. I have now decided to get the trial version and see how it goes. Thanks for the help