Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: my new reseller

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Uk, Norwich
    Posts
    480

    my new reseller

    hi,

    i have recently purchased a reseller account off ebay , stupid idea i know. I only expect to use it for a few months then get my self a dedicated web server.

    I purchased it from meinhosting.com. although so far it is not all that bad, the support got back to me within a few hours, i get dedicated ip addresses for all the accounts that i setup.

    tristan gordon

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,750
    Your the only person ive heard from that says buying hosting off ebay was a success, its usually not just remember see how long it lasts they may have only started up last week.
    It seems there domain was registerd last year at the end of August i guess your in the UK it seems to be based in India which may be a little problem if the servers are on the other side of the world.
    Administrative Contact:
    Qadri, Tahir [email protected]
    Dilbarroad 567
    Bahawalpuria 21654
    India
    152447853 Fax --

    Let us know how it goes.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    203
    Naz.A... i see you're from UK, can you please point me to a cheap hosting reseller companys in UK? or any other fast EU country... i dunno... sweden, hungary, nl, be?


    thx.

  4. #4
    Actually according to the site the servers are in California, USA. The unlimited reseller account that they offer kinda scares me. For $50/m:

    MEIN WEBSERVER offers you a RESELLER PACKAGE with UNLIMITED STORAGE - UNLIMITED BANDWIDTH - UNLIMITED DOMAINS - UNLIMITED USERS.
    We are aware that hardware-ressources are always limited but we will keep upgrading hardware for your account as long as the TOS is respected (no warez-sites etc.). You can even offer unlimited resources to all your customers - you will never again have to think about upgrading your package!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,601
    Its the old you tell me where I can get unlimited hard disks story..

    Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Uk, Norwich
    Posts
    480
    does not matter i will get a managed dedicated server soon

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,891
    Yeah I would stay far away from that plan if it was on ebay or not. Good luck with your reseller plan
    Gary Jones

    BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    22
    I've got that plan with Mein Hosting from eBay, and no problems as of yet! Had it for about 5 months now.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,750
    Originally posted by Aurelian
    Naz.A... i see you're from UK, can you please point me to a cheap hosting reseller companys in UK? or any other fast EU country... i dunno... sweden, hungary, nl, be?


    thx.
    Id just go with a US reseller as the costs in the UK will be really high and besides it shouldnt make MUCH differences.
    However if your looking for real power and have the to spend a basic UK reseller 2GB Space/20Gb bandwith Would set you back 20+ a month thats with a reliable company, you will see it advertised real cheap but either way UK servers cost more.

  10. #10
    This reseller's datacenter IS in the US according to their site. The company is just based in India.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    1,805
    Originally posted by robjones2004
    I've got that plan with Mein Hosting from eBay, and no problems as of yet! Had it for about 5 months now.
    No problems


    There are very few but interesting threads related to meinhosting

    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search...der=descending

    Another thing, the address mentioned in whois records of meinhosting is wrong, i.e. fake...

    In India, you have Pin code that is of 6 digits, not like zip code that is 5 digit

    Is there a place called Bahawalpuria in India, not to my best of knowledge.

    The phone # also seems to be wrong.

    All the best!
    <<snipped>><<snipped>>
    why?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    22
    Well I personally, have had no problems. Just because other people are having a FEW problems, it doesn't mean I'm having any problems.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Chicago, IL USA
    Posts
    1,428
    Originally posted by Digital-NW

    MEIN WEBSERVER offers you a RESELLER PACKAGE with UNLIMITED STORAGE - UNLIMITED BANDWIDTH - UNLIMITED DOMAINS - UNLIMITED USERS.
    We are aware that hardware-ressources are always limited but we will keep upgrading hardware for your account as long as the TOS is respected (no warez-sites etc.). You can even offer unlimited resources to all your customers - you will never again have to think about upgrading your package!

    Where can we get these servers and disks? Do they simply grow as needed? Do you have to water them? Do they need sunlight?

    Ughhhhhhhhh


    - HostNexus Mike
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog

  14. #14
    I have had one of their unlimited reseller accounts for a couple months myself and have had no real problems. I host a couple of fairly high bandwidth sites on it and have had no complaints from them.

    According to a search I did on the ip for my account it is on a server at Layered Technologies in Dallas.

  15. #15
    Originally posted by troubled1
    I have had one of their unlimited reseller accounts for a couple months myself and have had no real problems. I host a couple of fairly high bandwidth sites on it and have had no complaints from them.

    According to a search I did on the ip for my account it is on a server at Layered Technologies in Dallas.
    Your class of high bandwidth sites might be small to others

    Layeredtech does not stock unlimited bandwidth servers nor unlimited hard disk, well not as of yet

    http://www.layeredtech.com

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Southwest Florida
    Posts
    955
    Originally posted by Duport
    Your class of high bandwidth sites might be small to others

    Layeredtech does not stock unlimited bandwidth servers nor unlimited hard disk, well not as of yet

    http://www.layeredtech.com
    It's because they are on a 10mps unmetered server.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Uk, Norwich
    Posts
    480
    although its evidently not unlimited it doesn't really matter for a while yet.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    39
    imho neither the address, the pin code (ur zipcode) nor the phone number seems indian
    bye
    sprint

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    47
    I bought one of those unmetered resellers a while back.

    Accounts started getting deleted automatically 2 months later and the tech support claimed they knew nothing.

  20. #20
    You may consider searching the Webhosting OFFER forum on this page for "Europe" or "UK"? You sure find something reliable here. Just use the SEARCH function :

    Cheers,
    John

  21. #21
    I would like to order 1 unlimited hard drive with a side of support problems please!
    data center directory - The comprehensive data center resource. Version 2.0 coming soon!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •