Thread: Rent to Own

Rent to Own

I am just looking around for places that you can pay monthly for a few months and then after about 6 - 12 months you own the server and then you just pay a smaller fee for the bandwith.

I know that ezzi.net do this but I cannot find any other but ezzi's Rent to Own plan looks good but I just want to shop around a bit to see if I can get a better offer.
    My Blog - www.Bakie.net
    My Entertainment site - www.SpudMud.com

Bakie,

I know that hostdime.com offers rent-to-own, although not publically.
    Most would be willing to work out a deal/contract with you for a few additional dollars per month.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

I am sure most hosts that do custom configurations will obliged.

Ok, Thanks for the help. I will contact my current host and ask them nicely .
    My Blog - www.Bakie.net
    My Entertainment site - www.SpudMud.com

Bakie
    You may find that buying a server and co-locating will be less expensive in the long run. Not sure what specs you are after but a quality entry level server can often be purchased around $1000 these days.

We save you time, money, and frustration by handling the server management tasks required to run an online business successfully.
    No prodding required. We just do it right the first time. Red Hat, MySQL, Plesk, and cPanel certified staff.

Huck,

I personally prefer rent-to-own - as there are less upfront costs and as you'll be co-locating it anyways you might as well reduce it to a monthly payment.

It all depends on how much you're willing to plop down from the getgo - but 150-200 a month compared to 1100+ in a single month (or more if you get a decent machine) is much more viable for some of the smaller companies.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Very true. Just pointing out the other options.

Also, I forgot to mention that Dell provides a lease plan with a buy-out option. If you are a new company the terms may not be favorable though.

If you do rent-to-own, make sure that the party responsible for repairs/maintenance is clearly defined in your contract.

I know of a couple of companies that used to rent-to-own but they only provide a 90 day period. After which if the box died, it was up to you to pay to repair it.

We checked into a large number of options late last year before deciding to move our own operations to co-lo. Generally, we found that over a 24 month period co-location was less expensive and better suited our needs. Needs and financial resources vary of course.

We save you time, money, and frustration by handling the server management tasks required to run an online business successfully.
    No prodding required. We just do it right the first time. Red Hat, MySQL, Plesk, and cPanel certified staff.